Vibration only when compressor kicks in

Alphas

My lau pok car having some weird issue again, recently I noticed the car starts to vibrates quite badly. But this only happen when the air con compressor kicks in. The vibration seems worse when the car is in the down slope position than in horizontal position. What could be the main issue here?

↡ Advertisement

Do you hear metal scrapping sound? I had this sound and vibration when my radiator fan motor dying, causing the fan to hit against the casing when it is running.

Compressor also has its own mounting if I am not wrong. Mountings have their life span and they may out-lived their time.

just vibration, no scrapping sound. Didnt know compressor got rubber mount, i thought it could be timing belt misaligned

My honda old pork jazz also have, after change mounting its fine Liao Other than the Standard honda aircon cut in/out vibration.

Edited by Kennnny
  • Praise 1

just vibration, no scrapping sound. Didnt know compressor got rubber mount, i thought it could be timing belt misaligned

I don't know much about timing belt but fan/accessory belts with make screeching sound if worn or out of torque specification.

If can live with it, ask mechanic to check next servicing. Good to monitor engine temperature too, incase overheating.

My lau pok car having some weird issue again, recently I noticed the car starts to vibrates quite badly. But this only happen when the air con compressor kicks in. The vibration seems worse when the car is in the down slope position than in horizontal position. What could be the main issue here?

What is your RPM range like when this vibration issue occur?