New Renault Megane - very 3 series

Sdf4786k

Nice head & tail lights..but this brand very difficult to move in sales. Might be a game changer though.. snatch some biz from volvo v40, bmw 1series, mercs A class, audi a1

S60 and S80 now at 159K is quite a good price already.

For this kind of money, can only get VW Passat which is 1.8T and some unpredictablility of Gearbox..

The V40 if you have driven, is like driving a Lancer Evo

I dont mean fast, I mean making a U trn is like a lorry , very wide...

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement

I would totally buy this if it came with a diesel engine. Just a nice little hatchback for family run around.

Edited by Detach8
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Looks nice!!!!!

but i wont buy  [lipsrsealed]

WoW !

Nice are ... just curious, does anyone know if New Megane is using a brand new engine / gearbox, Dual Clutch?

is there a similar car in the Nissan Family - aka share the same underlay, aka just change the shell or this new Megane is a new model on its own?

thanks!

• Praise 1

Depending on the country, the engine range comprises two gasoline engines:

• the SCe 115, available with a 5-speed manual gearbox or a continuously variable transmission (CVT) (115hp and 156Nm of torque from 4,000rpm),
  • and the TCe 130, available with a 7-speed dual-clutch EDC automatic gearbox or a 6-speed manual gearbox (130hp and 205Nm of torque from 2,000rpm, 119g CO2/km, 5.3l/100km).

Three diesel engines are available, also depending on the country:

• the dCi 90, available with a 6-speed manual gearbox (90hp and 220Nm of torque from 1,750rpm, 95g CO2/km, 3.7l/100km),
  • the dCi 110, available with a 6-speed manual gearbox or the EDC6 dual-clutch automatic gearbox (110hp and 260Nm of torque from 1,750rpm, 95g CO2/km, 3.7l/100km),
  • and the dCi 130, available with a 6-speed manual gearbox (130hp and 320Nm of torque from 1,750rpm, 103g CO2/km, 4.0l/100km).

• Praise 4

No bad leh... I saw a hint of Volvo XC90 or S90 in center console and driver instrument cluster... 

I may consider the estate version if it is available  :grin:

• Praise 1

Just collected my Megane GT-Line yesterday. Its feels wide. The dCi110 engine coupled with EDC is quite fun to drive especially in SG's start-stop traffic.

But have to get use to the electronic parking brake (no hand brake).

• Praise 1

The next version comes with 4-wheel steering IIRC. Some testers commented it steered/handled weird. 

You mean the 4Control (4 wheel-steering) ? Its already available but not in SG.

Thought the current one still quite new less than 3 years, now launching a newer one??

Not everyone like a hatchback. So, I think the sedan will make a come back very soon.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1