New Renault Megane - very 3 series

Sdf4786k

Anyone has info on the specs?

White one gt is 1.6turbo petrol, tuned clio rs engine, 205bhp, 280nm torque, 0 to 100 7 sec plus. Blue one is 1.5 turbo diesel.
  • Praise 1

White one gt is 1.6turbo petrol, tuned clio rs engine, 205bhp, 280nm torque, 0 to 100 7 sec plus. Blue one is 1.5 turbo diesel.

means pay higher road tax as it is 1601 CC?

Just collected my Megane GT-Line yesterday. Its feels wide. The dCi110 engine coupled with EDC is quite fun to drive especially in SG's start-stop traffic.

But have to get use to the electronic parking brake (no hand brake).

Hi,

Any feedback after your 6 months of ownership ?

They are clearing some stocks now before the new model coming in next year.

Believe yours is a 1.5 diesel turbo.

Hi,

Any feedback after your 6 months of ownership ?

They are clearing some stocks now before the new model coming in next year.

Believe yours is a 1.5 diesel turbo.

Yes, its a diesel turbo. Have driven up north twice in it. Very stable even at 160 and go even faster.

3quarter tank driving in SG can get close to 850km.

However, have encountered a few intermittent 'check injector' error message appearing in the dash but would disappear if you rev the engine harder. Perhaps need to drive with a heavy right foot all the time !

• Praise 1

donchew76, theres no sedan in sight? only hatchbacks? thank you.

Bro, I think only hatchbacks for now. Launching at the motorshow in Jan. Not surprised they will bring in sedan next though

donchew76, theres no sedan in sight? only hatchbacks? thank you.

Bro, I think only hatchbacks for now. Launching at the motorshow in Jan. Not surprised they will bring in sedan next though

New Megane sedan in SG already..saw it on trailer at Tuas area.

no spark plugs, no iggy coils... just drive... just make sure you don't drive until the tank dries up. It's easy to forget you need to top up fuel when pumping becomes infrequent with diesel... [laugh]

Just got a diesel Megane, anything I need to note maintaining a diesel engine vs a petrol engine?

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

Hi, Kangadrool, thanks for the reply, been enjoying the ride so far and fetching my wife to and from work daily on the AYE has been a blast.

Not sure if anyone has experienced this before, but I noticed some knocking sounds coming from my engine area.  It is intermittent, occurring on and off when I am accelerating at low revs, braking or idling.  Other times, I will not hear it at all.  

Checked my oil levels and they are ok on the dipstick.

Going to Wernes tomorrow to get it checked out, unit is still under warranty so hopefully no burn to the wallet.

(Driving a 2008 Megane 3, 110 dci)

• Praise 1

To share a bit more:

To share a bit more, the knocking sound is something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmJo-BE_oSg

Read some of the UK forums but nothing concrete from them, some say it is crank pulley or timing belt or some say need to change whole engine.

Apologies if this is not the right forum to post here.  The Singapore Renault Car Club Forum is really inactive and the UK forums are not very helpful either.

Is there any FB or WhatsApp group for Renault Megane owners?

The new megane hatch and sedan will be soft launched this weekend at wearnes on 7 and 8 Jan. Test drives are allowed.

Any price indication?

I guess the diesel variants are coming in right.

The governent is revising the CEVS soon, which are likely to affect diesel cars the most. So get it while you can.

Seems like diesel cars are falling out of favour with their high levels of NOx and PM. This is why a number of cities, including Paris, Mexico City and Madrid, are planning to ban diesel vehicles

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/vehicle-carbon-emissions-scheme-under-review?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1483493720

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1