New Renault Megane - very 3 series

Sdf4786k

Just received the invite... seems there are two versions 1.6 and 1.5, don't know what's the big difference with this small difference of 0.1L? [:p]

The new megane hatch and sedan will be soft launched this weekend at wearnes on 7 and 8 Jan. Test drives are allowed.

↡ Advertisement

Just received the invite... seems there are two versions 1.6 and 1.5, don't know what's the big difference with this small difference of 0.1L? [:p]

Bro, lots of difference. 1.5l is diesel turbo. 1.6l is petrol turbo n 205bhp.
  • Praise 1

Received too via email. Apparently it is an invite only launch and need to rsvp on timing to test drive.

no $$$ buy and no motivation to buy since no real manual. LoL. [laugh]

Received too via email. Apparently it is an invite only launch and need to rsvp on timing to test drive.

Test drive the Megane Sedan yesterday ( premium version ,  1.5 turbo diesel with EDC gearbox) , the drive is really nice especially the power and acceleration was different compare to Kadjar , feel much more powerful and smoother ( in Normal mode), suspension not too soft and hard very comfortable . The audio system with 3D Akarmy's was nice . Noise insulation in the cabin too very good. 

Think will sell well . 

Edited by Boey2891

Maintenence wise, foreseeable big ticket items to change other than wear n tear stuffs?

Nothing much lar... except for the particulate filter which isn't particularly expensive...

Test drove the GT model 2 days ago.

The interior really damned refreshing..mini tesla center console..

The comfort mode drive was great n responsive.. The RS sport mode drive was very torquey n Shiok..

Interior space not bad n looks rather comfortable for passengers..

Price wise a bit rigid @ 139k ..if can sign on the spot, maybe 2-3k off the price...

SE was very understanding that Renault is a very difficult brand to accept for those looking at conti cars but I told him this time round Renault seemed to hit the nail with the design n engine specs ..warranty n svc packages not bad..

I told him if this car is price at between 125-130k , they got a great Chance to capture this market segment.. Told him Seat came with so much promises but end up with a whimper due to pricing ..

Those who like a semi hot n comfort hatch , I strongly urge u guys to test drive this sleeper..

Anyway, I'm waiting for his call for the early bird price..

• Praise 4

I saw it being launched recently and it looks good. Went to watch a few youtube video reviews and seems nice, especially the blue colour one. 

It caught my attention cos it is using the same engine in my sylphy, mr16ddt, and comes with a better gearbox. Good engine but the various Nissan and Renault models utilizing it is very very rare here.

The comfort mode drive was great n responsive.. The RS sport mode drive was very torquey n Shiok..
Price wise a bit rigid @ 139k ..if can sign on the spot, maybe 2-3k off the price...
SE was very understanding that Renault is a very difficult brand to accept for those looking at conti cars but I told him this time round Renault seemed to hit the nail with the design n engine specs ..warranty n svc packages not bad..
I told him if this car is price at between 125-130k , they got a great Chance to capture this market segment.. Told him Seat came with so much promises but end up with a whimper due to pricing ..
Those who like a semi hot n comfort hatch , I strongly urge u guys to test drive this sleeper..

• Praise 4

French ???  :wut:   :D

• Praise 5

French ??? :wut::D

Bro.. Initially got the same thinking as u , but after thorough check up, this beauty really up the ante..

U should go down n test drive..

• Praise 2

Bro.. Initially got the same thinking as u , but after thorough check up, this beauty really up the ante..

U should go down n test drive..

I have been driving my megane rs for 5 months plus now. So far, its OK. Im on 6spd manual.
  • Praise 2

I have been driving my megane rs for 5 months plus now. So far, its OK. Im on 6spd manual.

This Megane is an older model... different from the current one...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1