• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
17316 replies to this topic | 15,911 praises

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:52 PM

HarveyPlusac
  • HarveyPlusac
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Is it worth to wait for the new Elantra 2016 or should I just buy the current model? My car COE expiring soon and thinking whether to just buy the current Elantra (91k)? Or buy a used car while waiting to buy a cheaper Elantra 2016 when COE drops next year.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:50 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Is it worth to wait for the new Elantra 2016 or should I just buy the current model? My car COE expiring soon and thinking whether to just buy the current Elantra (91k)? Or buy a used car while waiting to buy a cheaper Elantra 2016 when COE drops next year.

The new Elantra may be more than 91k... new models sell for a premium plus it might have higher OMV.

Staff69 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

AaronLow
  • AaronLow
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hello. I am aaron from elantra club. Have you been to the showroom? If you are interested in can recommend you to my agent and help you get best possible price. Feel free to contact me at 90029122.
Hi all... im aaron from elantra club. Those who are looking at buying any hyundai cars please feel free to contact me. I can recommend you to my agent and get the best possible price for you. Feel free to contact Mr at 90029122. NOTE: I'M NOT AN AGENT.
Jeffc and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:01 PM

KoreanLover
  • Premium member
    KoreanLover
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If you like the current model you should just buy it.. As mentioned by fellow bros, the new 2016 elantra is probably launching in the next few months, this also means that the current elantra will be priced cheaper

Somemore COE is a uncertainty. Nobody knows for sure if it will drop in 2016. The government is the deciding factor here. They just need to lower or stop the vehicle growth rate and the COE will either maintain or go up..

Lastly.. follow your heart  [thumbsup]

A good teacher teach from the heart, not from the books.

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:47 PM

Hshs
  • Premium member
    Hshs
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Can we see new Elantra/Avante in 2016 Singapore motorshow?

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

Yamapi
  • Yamapi
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Today's Straits TImes Life said Komoco will bring in the 1.4 turbo Elantra with 7 speed dual clutch gearbox in March

Edited by Yamapi, 02 January 2016 - 03:05 PM.

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For me to look at this car, the first consideration is price as compared to similar cars. Performance and comfort will be next.

If you want luxury, the segment is not here.

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:38 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Today's Straits TImes Life said Komoco will bring in the 1.4 turbo Elantra with 7 speed dual clutch gearbox in March

If that is the case, it could be a serious, serious seller.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:17 AM

Stooky
  • Stooky
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Ya, from the papers, seems like the 1.4 turbo elantra coming to sg. 

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:48 PM

Spring
As always, price will be the main determining factor if this car does well or not.
My take is it Shld be at Mz3 standard or Altis standard prices to give it a good chance to be a volume seller. Cos with turbo engine n 7speed dual clutch, it Shld be the obvious choice.

Price it higher n it would run smack into Altis n Mz3 deluxe prices which would make competition tough, my 2 cents as the more established Jap brands with their track record may sway it in their favour!

Edited by Spring, 03 January 2016 - 06:50 PM.

Staff69, Mercs, Jamesc and Angcheek praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:52 PM

Forte3737

As always, price will be the main determining factor if this car does well or not.
My take is it Shld be at Mz3 standard or Altis standard prices to give it a good chance to be a volume seller. Cos with turbo engine n 7speed dual clutch, it Shld be the obvious choice.

Price it higher n it would run smack into Altis n Mz3 deluxe prices which would make competition tough, my 2 cents as the more established Jap brands with their track record may sway it in their favour!

However komoco at times use wrong price strategy. I remember they price the elantra at Altis price. Then realise it cannot sell well.then price adjusted downwards

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:00 PM

Spring

However komoco at times use wrong price strategy. I remember they price the elantra at Altis price. Then realise it cannot sell well.then price adjusted downwards

Possible but if i were them, I'd be aggressive n push for volume. Years back Elantra/Avante was amongst the top 3 models in a calendar year. But u could be right as always with new models, some AD get carried away thinking they can make a killing esp as not many turbos in B&B 1.6l cars.
Mercs and Angcheek praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

Forte3737

Possible but if i were them, I'd be aggressive n push for volume. Years back Elantra/Avante was amongst the top 3 models in a calendar year. But u could be right as always with new models, some AD get carried away thinking they can make a killing esp as not many turbos in B&B 1.6l cars.

Look at new cruze. The AD price it at 97k,just 3k shy of the Altis. Will it sell?

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:00 PM

Runforyourlife
  • Premium member
    Runforyourlife
    6th Gear
    Author Image

The turbo will be 5-10k above the Mazda deluxe. It would be insane to price it at standard Mazda as that would mean their other engine, presumably 2.0 non turbo would have to be priced even lower.

Even if that ensues, expect nothing much within the interior and tons of cost cutting mechanism, e.g.: halogen lights.

Of course no one would complain if your wish comes true haha

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:26 PM

Kia7200
  • Kia7200
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sound like a good model

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:10 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dual clutch?? Next... If even Honda can't get it right on their hybrid vezel with dual clutch, (don't remind me of the afamous 7 dsg), I will not touch dual clutch just yet unless my coy give me 60 days of annual leave and 10mths of bonus .... Hehe... Why can't it comes with 1.4t match with 6At??? Which should be a safer bet...

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:28 AM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Dual clutch?? Next... If even Honda can't get it right on their hybrid vezel with dual clutch, (don't remind me of the afamous 7 dsg), I will not touch dual clutch just yet unless my coy give me 60 days of annual leave and 10mths of bonus .... Hehe... Why can't it comes with 1.4t match with 6At??? Which should be a safer bet...

Hyundai's dual clutch started in 2011. Not sure when Honda started since Vezel is a new model. Though so far it seems Hyundai is doing a much better job than VW.

Jamesc and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:36 AM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hyundai's dual clutch started in 2011. Not sure when Honda started since Vezel is a new model. Though so far it seems Hyundai is doing a much better job than VW.

But im unsure if it was due to lesser sale of hyundai. Any website for more readup?
FS

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:27 AM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

http://www.autonews....etter-than-cvts

Hyundai started pushing out dual clutch in 2012.... Just do a quick google and you can see quite a few models already running it for the past few years. 

https://asq.org/qual...up?newsID=20971

This is an interesting read for those who doubt reliability of korean cars. They have came far, its more like Japanese has stagnate while the competition has caught up close

Blackyv and Tohto praised this

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:20 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

http://www.autonews....etter-than-cvts

Hyundai started pushing out dual clutch in 2012.... Just do a quick google and you can see quite a few models already running it for the past few years.

https://asq.org/qual...up?newsID=20971

This is an interesting read for those who doubt reliability of korean cars. They have came far, its more like Japanese has stagnate while the competition has caught up close

Ummm ....my only concern with new elantra is that dct gb....if I read the report correctly, the safer bet is wait for kia to launch a dct gb model...... K3 come with turbo and dct anyone want a piece??.....hehehe

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: hyundai, hyundai2016, 2017, 2018 and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users