2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Sorry, but the rear cam provided by kmc does recording (during engine on), right?

I think you may be confusing the reverse camera and the rear recording camera...

The reverse camera only comes on when you engage reverse gear to allow you to see what's behind the car. It doesn't do any recording. It only comes on when the engine is on. The video image should appear on your head unit or in some cases in the rear view mirror.

The rear recording camera like the front recording camera records what happens in front and behind your car respectively. You can set it to power on and record only when you start your engine. Or you can set it to record even when the engine is off - this is commonly called Parking Mode. It can tap power from your car battery while your engine is off, and current from the car battery can be programmed to be cut off when the camera detects that your car battery voltage is too low (that is too low to start you car). Otherwise you can install an external battery and the camera draws power from this battery when the engine is off. When the engine is on, the camera draws power from the car battery and it also charges this external battery. You can only view the video recordings directly if the camera has a LCD panel, otherwise you could view the videos wirelessly via WIFI through a mobile phone app provided by the camera manufacturer in the respective app store, or if the second option is not a available then pull out the memory card and view the videos on your desktop or laptop computer using a proprietary viewer software that is provided with your camera or downloaded from the manufacturer's website.

Hope this helps you... cheers!

• Praise 1

Hi Guys! May I know what degree you guy set the AC to in order to feel cool/comfortable? I have to set to 22 degree in order for the AC to blow cool air with AUTO pressed.

The air circulation button always go back to "outside air" mode after awhile even though i pressed it to internal air circulation. Is this normal?

Do you always off AC before you off Engine? Or just leave it on?

Thanks in advance

22 degrees quite normal for Hyundai cars... mine also like that... 23 degrees is quite warm on a hot day...

Yes that's a feature according to my SE, if you believe him... it's to prevent the driver from getting sleepy when it gets too warm inside and the oxygen levels drop... supposed to prevent accident. To prevent the circulation mode from switching, tune the aircon temperature down lor... for me 22 degrees seem to do the trick... but sometimes it still switches back automatically to 'outside air'... so far my experience is that 20 degrees, the auto switch back won't happen. But it's too cold for me... so I just bear with it and press the button whenever I smell the fumes from outside the car lor...

Up to ot whether you want to switch off the aircon before you switch off the engine... some people say that switching off before you park helps to prevent mildew from building up in the evaporator which causes smell... some even blow hot air through in the last few minutes to dry up the evaporator... I don't bother... but my wife complains my car's aircon smells lar... rotten smell she says... so I guess it's true to some extent? I don't smell it though... but maybe I sit in the car every day I get used to the smell... ha ha ha...

Any bro can advice how many litres of engine oil required to fill up if fill from empty? TIA. 

During 1K Servicing, do they drain off all the engine oil and replace with full synthetic?

Edited by Torquex

Once car registered, how long is the gap to get the car? Within 1 day, 2 days, 3 days or?

Depend..

Those buy in the earlier period before 25k coe take ard 3days upon coe registration..

Those buy during 25k coe ard 5 to 7 days

22 degrees quite normal for Hyundai cars... mine also like that... 23 degrees is quite warm on a hot day...

Yes that's a feature according to my SE, if you believe him... it's to prevent the driver from getting sleepy when it gets too warm inside and the oxygen levels drop... supposed to prevent accident. To prevent the circulation mode from switching, tune the aircon temperature down lor... for me 22 degrees seem to do the trick... but sometimes it still switches back automatically to 'outside air'... so far my experience is that 20 degrees, the auto switch back won't happen. But it's too cold for me... so I just bear with it and press the button whenever I smell the fumes from outside the car lor...

Up to ot whether you want to switch off the aircon before you switch off the engine... some people say that switching off before you park helps to prevent mildew from building up in the evaporator which causes smell... some even blow hot air through in the last few minutes to dry up the evaporator... I don't bother... but my wife complains my car's aircon smells lar... rotten smell she says... so I guess it's true to some extent? I don't smell it though... but maybe I sit in the car every day I get used to the smell... ha ha ha...

Accent won't change to external air circulation unless you physically press the button. Why would anyone want external air circulation in a bumper to bumper traffic like in singapore.

I drove a Toyota Allion for the past 10 year before switching to Elantra. 22 degree on Allion will freeze me and usually was only 24 degree the most.

Am pretty sure that SE is smoking you. That air circulation button not so intelligent lag. BS!

I never off my Allion AC before I off the engine for the whole 10 year. I had those stale air smell especially rainy season, kind of solved that by placing few packet of charcoal in the car. But i replaced the AC compressor twice and change the condenser once, someone said because I never off ac before off engine that's causing it.

EO, want cheap, go nutc xtra buy carlube...$20 for 5 litre....any cooking oil also better than shell helix imo....

If not, go mxtradings a lot of variety....personally I have been using royal purple for the longest time, so far happy with it,,,cheap and good.

Used to be able to order from amazon for less than $10 a quart for castrol, now I think cannot ship already

im just bought shell helix from giant, maybe i should buy you a cook oil, give you a free oil change after 1000km  [laugh]

shell helix really so bad mie? komoco also use it oh

I use Carlube all these years... pretty good... no issues with all my cars... how much is Royal Purple? Easy to buy or not?

I think 14.50 per quart...check with mxtradings. 10k engine still smooth

im just bought shell helix from giant, maybe i should buy you a cook oil, give you a free oil change after 1000km [laugh]

Not bad if you have not tried other brands before..

I drove a Toyota Allion for the past 10 year before switching to Elantra. 22 degree on Allion will freeze me and usually was only 24 degree the most.

Am pretty sure that SE is smoking you. That air circulation button not so intelligent lag. BS!

I never off my Allion AC before I off the engine for the whole 10 year. I had those stale air smell especially rainy season, kind of solved that by placing few packet of charcoal in the car. But i replaced the AC compressor twice and change the condenser once, someone said because I never off ac before off engine that's causing it.

This is a luxury car features la.

BMW has it and many others too. This is indeed to prevent CO2 that make people tired. But luxury car better la, when the CO2 level drop, it will switch back to circulation. But this is just a kimchi car. Expect what la.

Yes, not good for sg though.

im just bought shell helix from giant, maybe i should buy you a cook oil, give you a free oil change after 1000km [laugh]

Shell bad? Cycle carriage also using it Edited by RogerNg_185295

Hi Guys! May I know what degree you guy set the AC to in order to feel cool/comfortable? I have to set to 22 degree in order for the AC to blow cool air with AUTO pressed.

The air circulation button always go back to "outside air" mode after awhile even though i pressed it to internal air circulation. Is this normal?

Do you always off AC before you off Engine? Or just leave it on?

Thanks in advance

This is not normal at all, do you made any complaint to the service centre?

Which one you are referring to? AC temperatures setting or circulation button?

Am doing my 1k servicing coming Thursday and will complaint.

This is totally unacceptable! 

Is there a way to override the function to permanent internal circulation instead?

Which one you are referring to? AC temperatures setting or circulation button?

Am doing my 1k servicing coming Thursday and will complaint.

Circulation setting problem

Their Elantra for test drive also have this problem. It will auto-circulate the air and u gotta press the button to set to recirculate.

Toyota is well known for their efficient air con.

Their Elantra for test drive also have this problem. It will auto-circulate the air and u gotta press the button to set to recirculate.

That's dumb. Like this accent is better....
↡ Advertisement