2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Their Elantra for test drive also have this problem. It will auto-circulate the air and u gotta press the button to set to recirculate.

Omg, didn't realize this during test drive...

Would be very annoying and dangerous to keep pressing the button during driving.

↡ Advertisement

Their Elantra for test drive also have this problem. It will auto-circulate the air and u gotta press the button to set to recirculate.

This happened on all trim ?

Any docs we need to sign when making the final payment. Cause my SE asks me go down, I delay as busy, she asks make bank transfer.

I am a bit worried if transfer wrongly.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Astrokai

The 32GB SD card is already inside the car cam for both front n back recording. If u pressed the extreme right below button, u can see both the front n back recording image.

Wah good leh, still comes with 32gb card. I bought a 32 gb Sandisk High endurance card over the weekend. Apparently good for car camera use (under hot sun as my house is open carpark).  

Any docs we need to sign when making the final payment. Cause my SE asks me go down, I delay as busy, she says me make bank transfer.

I am a bit worried if transfer wrongly.

Any thoughts?

Bank transfer, like any other, as long as account number is correct, should not have any issues.

I remember signing for acknowledgement during final payment last week. Maybe your SE can come down your location to let you sign? If so, they should be able to collect cheque/cashier's order at the same time.

Auto Recirculation happens for my Kia K5 as well.

Was told to tune down the ac low.

They open the valve to allow bits of outside air into the system. Similar to non invertor ac.

Wah good leh, still comes with 32gb card. I bought a 32 gb Sandisk High endurance card over the weekend. Apparently good for car camera use (under hot sun as my house is open carpark).

Bank transfer, like any other, as long as account number is correct, should not have any issues.

I remember signing for acknowledgement during final payment last week. Maybe your SE can come down your location to let you sign? If so, they should be able to collect cheque/cashier's order at the same time.

High endurance cards are for frequent write-rewrite.

U remember what other things that u signed or briefed? Don't tink SE will give me any goodies Liao rt.. haha

Not my my S trim. Re-circulation stays on until i press the button.

I think as long don't set to auto mode, shld be fine. Set to manual temperature

Dear All,

I have booked a Elantra Basic last Friday at "2 days only special offer price" :) of $66999.

Will register as OPC.

My current Avante also OPC bought directly fr KMC, COE expires Feb 2019.

Auto Recirculation happens for my Kia K5 as well.

Was told to tune down the ac low.

They open the valve to allow bits of outside air into the system. Similar to non invertor ac.

High endurance cards are for frequent write-rewrite.

U remember what other things that u signed or briefed? Don't tink SE will give me any goodies Liao rt.. haha

I think as long don't set to auto mode, shld be fine. Set to manual temperature

Is there auto mode on the S trim???

22 degrees quite normal for Hyundai cars... mine also like that... 23 degrees is quite warm on a hot day...

Yes that's a feature according to my SE, if you believe him... it's to prevent the driver from getting sleepy when it gets too warm inside and the oxygen levels drop... supposed to prevent accident. To prevent the circulation mode from switching, tune the aircon temperature down lor... for me 22 degrees seem to do the trick... but sometimes it still switches back automatically to 'outside air'... so far my experience is that 20 degrees, the auto switch back won't happen. But it's too cold for me... so I just bear with it and press the button whenever I smell the fumes from outside the car lor...

Up to ot whether you want to switch off the aircon before you switch off the engine... some people say that switching off before you park helps to prevent mildew from building up in the evaporator which causes smell... some even blow hot air through in the last few minutes to dry up the evaporator... I don't bother... but my wife complains my car's aircon smells lar... rotten smell she says... so I guess it's true to some extent? I don't smell it though... but maybe I sit in the car every day I get used to the smell... ha ha ha...

Hope this helps you... cheers!

The openning of air vent might be the same as most European cars, the air vent will open after about 30 min to allow fresh air to come into the cabin.
  • Praise 1

Dear All, I have booked a Elantra Basic last Friday at "2 days only special offer price" :) of $66999. Will register as OPC. My current Avante also OPC bought directly fr KMC, COE expires Feb 2019.

just curious how much u paid for the Avante 10 years back. 

just curious how much u paid for the Avante 10 years back. 

Those days....

Mine Avante "S", $41999 (before OPC rebate), immediate registration with Open Cat COE.

I remember after i bought, the next COE Cat A result was abt $1000.

I remember Altis was $49,999.

No regret to choose Avante over Altis :)

The openning of air vent might be the same as most European cars, the air vent will open after about 30 min to allow fresh air to come into the cabin.

Looks like Elantra got quite a few intelligent features: auto-off internal circulation, 50km/h engine brake. 

22 degrees quite normal for Hyundai cars... mine also like that... 23 degrees is quite warm on a hot day...

Yes that's a feature according to my SE, if you believe him... it's to prevent the driver from getting sleepy when it gets too warm inside and the oxygen levels drop... supposed to prevent accident. To prevent the circulation mode from switching, tune the aircon temperature down lor... for me 22 degrees seem to do the trick... but sometimes it still switches back automatically to 'outside air'... so far my experience is that 20 degrees, the auto switch back won't happen. But it's too cold for me... so I just bear with it and press the button whenever I smell the fumes from outside the car lor...

Up to ot whether you want to switch off the aircon before you switch off the engine... some people say that switching off before you park helps to prevent mildew from building up in the evaporator which causes smell... some even blow hot air through in the last few minutes to dry up the evaporator... I don't bother... but my wife complains my car's aircon smells lar... rotten smell she says... so I guess it's true to some extent? I don't smell it though... but maybe I sit in the car every day I get used to the smell... ha ha ha...

Hope this helps you... cheers!

Eh... got pic to show the circulation button? Mine will automatically switched back to not lighted wor... so be lighted or not lighted?

Those days....

Mine Avante "S", $41999 (before OPC rebate), immediate registration with Open Cat COE.

I remember after i bought, the next COE Cat A result was abt $1000.

I remember Altis was $49,999.

No regret to choose Avante over Altis :)

I also almost bought an avante 10years back....remember was quite impressed....got compartments everywhere.

But my stupid friend show me an sg carmart ad for a stupid Cheryl qq for 5.5k cash and carry....took the qq...if not I prob would have still been driving the avante.

Dear All, I have booked a Elantra Basic last Friday at "2 days only special offer price" :) of $66999. Will register as OPC. My current Avante also OPC bought directly fr KMC, COE expires Feb 2019.

Congrats - you got  a steal - I don;t recall a 1600cc car ever selling for below $70K in recent years.

• Praise 1

Not my my S trim. Re-circulation stays on until i press the button.

Your S trim is manual air con so not affected.

I think those are elite trim with auto climate control air con.

↡ Advertisement