2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Still proceed to compliant that issue as official record to this, so that the service will show this in record.

More record mean this issue really bother us buyer. Hopefully more of us who feel this can gather strength n present a case.

At least kmc can give a update/present this case to all or to hyundai .

They say is engine brake, nothing they can do, but why other gear not so? Only can feel at this 50kmh.

Really appreciate more bros driving AD or even MD to give their feedback.

I understand some say normal or dun feel it, will appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Maybe can put this list for bros and Sista to chip in, w this we may also find if this is apply to certain model /batches only :

1) simpleonly - AD basic collect in Aug - can feel the engine brake.

2) ck83 - AD elite collect in Aug - can feel the engine brake.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

With regard to accident repair, most ADs will prefer car owner claim OD because if 3rd party claim, they cannot proceed to repair until the insurance company of the other car have assessed the damage and both insurers agree to the repair items, which can take a long time, earliest being weeks. They cannot proceed to repair as what if after that there is dispute between the insurers of both rides and end up in court, how they going to recoup the repair costs? As the unfortunate car owner, your car will be sitting in the workshop waiting and waiting, which is bad if your family need to car to run many errands daily. Really inconvenninent.

Outside workshop can proceed with 3rd party claim straight away as they most likely to inflat the claims figure. They have the money to wait, as this is a risky business with very low risk and very high returns, especially for those cases where the car is hit at the back when stationary at a traffic light junction with DVR recvordings to support.

That is why if you assess that there is no possible dispute on the case, and the other party has been checked to have valid insurance, just proceed to claim OD with AD workshop to have the car repair fast. No harm will be done don't worry. Your NCD might be affected for a short period, but will be re-instated after claims have been processed. And if you are at fault, then LL just claim OD with AD straight away lah, no need to wait at all. Just be prepared for loading on the premium for the next 2 years.

And pay attention to the details when getting insurance policy for your ride. Cheap definitely does not means good. Not to ask you to be carrot, but be a knowledgeable buyer to know what you are getting and not kpkb when you realise there is limit to what you can claim when the unfortunate time comes. I find it a joke to buy a policy with any workshop paying higher premium, but end up having to use authorised workshops because the claim amount is higher than the limit imposed, especially if not high if < 10k in current climate. Like that also can.

AD claims are even more than inflated than third party claims.

AD charges $8.5k third party charges $5.5k for same job. Yet when went via third party claim, the other van's insurance NTUC income which many brothers are using knocked it off further to $4.7k.

The third party workshop said it has got nothing to do with the insurance company but rather for cars from 2012 to 2015 which have sky high coe, that's LLST situation. COE has dipped alot so the market value of your cars are.... So even for the third party workshop, they knows what the maximum amount that they can claim which ended up being lower than AD. Else the third party insurance will just also declare beyond economical repair and pay you the market value where most of it would come from your high parf value as a result of high COE.

I asked komoco insurance dept for OD claim, they said the same thing. EVEN AXA and NTUC also got reject OD claim as it's beyond economical repair when the repair costs ended up being more expensive than market value for high parf cars due to high coe.

So yah, even if you take AXA or NTUC. Like that also can. So for relatively new cars, you must take those insurance which has 1 for 1 replacement of new car in case of total loss aka beyond economical repair.

So even if you do OD claim and subsequently do third party claim via your own insurance, there is this risk that the other party's insurance won't accept and by then good luck have fun. Your future premiums would be rocket high.

I dun like komoco's way of no third party claim. Their prices are even more marked up and komoco's insurance dept is highly inefficient.

Komoco being an AD has even more money and time to wait and play. Just look at the new cars, their profit margin is $20+k each these days.

Edited by Ivan_06

2) ck83 - AD elite collect in Aug - can feel the engine brake.

3) kurty - AD basic collect in Sept - can feel the engine brake.

Yo! Took me a long long time to give this review, but I've finally plugged the HP dash cam to the OBD power supply.

Bought the Hummer H3 jump start powerbank first before I dared to plug.

Have used it since Wednesday, and the dash cam is working in Parking + Motion detect mode after I off the engine.

The red light on the camera will always be on --> made me think that it was in normal mode but the recordings says otherwise.

So far, car battery seems to be holding up. Normally start car and my cig volt meter will read 14.3V but with the HP running throughout the night (>10hrs of parking), at start up it says 13.8V before climbing back to 14.3 (alternator charging kicks in already).

Still no idea if the OBD supply will cut off power at 11.6V since my battery does not fall to that level.

The item has also since been upgraded to a newer version.

For anyone interested:

Here's the link (upgraded version). The one I bought is pre-upgrade, 3A supply, Mini USB 左弯.

sorry, what is this?

dont really understand

• Praise 1

2) ck83 - AD elite collect in Aug - can feel the engine brake.

3) kurty - AD basic collect in Sept - can feel the engine brake.

sorry, what is this?

dont really understand

Defective new cars when slowing down from 60km/h to 50km/h, the car will experience jerking due to engine break. Aka not smooth, worse than manual transmission when a novice doesn't know how to downshift properly.

Buf komoco just said its normal. Take it or leave it.

Previous elantra do not have such rubbish.

Edited by Ivan_06

Defective new cars when slowing down from 60km/h to 50km/h, the car will experience jerking due to engine break. Aka not smooth, worse than manual transmission when a novice doesn't know how to downshift properly.

Buf komoco just said its normal. Take it or leave it.

Previous elantra do not have such rubbish.

sorry, the latter portion..  [laugh]

• Praise 1

sorry, what is this?

dont really understand

U asking about the cam?

It changing the power wiring, to tap from the obd to give 24hrs recording even if the engine is of.

Base on the link given, will need to take out the stock wiring and replace by the new wire w connector to the obd.

• Praise 1

U asking about the cam?

It changing the power wiring, to tap from the obd to give 24hrs recording even if the engine is of.

Base on the link given, will need to take out the stock wiring and replace by the new wire w connector to the obd.

yeah,  [laugh]

i thought just connect the cam to an external battery, why need to involve the obd?

yeah, [laugh]

i thought just connect the cam to an external battery, why need to involve the obd?

O..

This bro, do it this way instead to external batt or re wire at fuse box.

W this wire to obd port it can be much straight forward, no need to touch at fuse box no need to get/charge external battery.

Up to individual on how they want to tap the 12v power.

The bro share a product that I never see before. Thanks SkimMilk

Edited by Simpleonly
  • Praise 1

for 1, they did it FOC?

5, i also agree on this.. daytime but the auto headlight is still on..

Yes FOC but I yet to verify whether problem solved. No rain yesterday and no water in car. The reservoir water seem to have cleaning agent.
  • Praise 1

4) XKBB - AD Elite collect in Aug - can feel the engine brake

• Praise 1

O..

This bro, do it this way instead to external batt or re wire at fuse box.

W this wire to obd port it can be much straight forward, no need to touch at fuse box no need to get/charge external battery.

Up to individual on how they want to tap the 12v power.

The bro share a product that I never see before. Thanks SkimMilk

Correct me if I'm wrong.

So this connect to obd but the obd also draw power from the default battery.

Unless it had some cut off feature?

Wat is the legal size of this sunshade?

Max 6",150cm

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Max 6",150cm

Yes that is correct. OBD draw from car battery. The product has a built-in cut off at 11.6V to prevent batt flat. At least still can start car next morning.

Not using external battery is because you can't trigger parking mode when hooked to external battery. It will be always on, so batt pack drains really quickly.

Next issue with external battery pack will be whether the pack is made to withstand heat.

For those car type, usually such batt packs cost $400 and above. Not economical at all.

• Praise 1

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Max 6",150cm

Thanks for the info....

My SE informed me car collection in 5-7 days =D.

I asked about connecting dashcam to car battery, he will will void warranty and won't do for me.

Which trim and what color you booked?