• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
17316 replies to this topic | 15,911 praises

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:52 AM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Does it even light up? What's its use?

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:32 PM

Yymail22
  • Yymail22
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Sorry, Bros and Sis, there are 860+ pages in this thread. It will take long time to go thru.

I would like to know the good and bad about the Elantra 2016 model.

Have there been any major issues before I spend time looking for a resale unit?

So far read about the steering problem in latest posts.

My 2009 Avante requires replacement of bulbs often. Wonder Elantra 2016 also have strong current supply too!?

Thanks for your inputs and sharing.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:15 PM

makeanewcall
  • Premium member
    makeanewcall
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry, Bros and Sis, there are 860+ pages in this thread. It will take long time to go thru.

I would like to know the good and bad about the Elantra 2016 model.

Have there been any major issues before I spend time looking for a resale unit?

So far read about the steering problem in latest posts.

My 2009 Avante requires replacement of bulbs often. Wonder Elantra 2016 also have strong current supply too!?

Thanks for your inputs and sharing.

go for 2017/2018 units if you can as they are newer but the depreciation for used elantras seems to be higher than a new avante in sgcarmart.

should just a new avante if you can afford it. 

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:34 PM

Tcx607
  • Tcx607
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I own the 2018 Elantra. I purchased becos of the attractive price. My previous ride was Civic 10th Gen

Hyundai has not master the steering on high speed. It tends to wobble a little somehow at high speed >120km/hr and gives a floating sensation. The handling is also not sharp and tends to oversteer. The suspension is not firmed & comfort but hard and rigid.

However, if you drive  normally and comply to road speed limit, it is very good for daily drive. It has quiet cabin due to sound proofing by kimono and has very good transmission gearbox. The dash board is very clean and easy to navigate to all parameters during drive. The rear cabin c/w flat floor make entry easy for 3 adults. Fuel economy is estimated 12~13km/L (city drive). Solar film from 3M is very good compare to inferior Rikecool.

Edited by Tcx607, 11 July 2019 - 08:51 PM.

Do it once, make it good

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:10 AM

Devilcup
  • Devilcup
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I own the 2018 Elantra. I purchased becos of the attractive price. My previous ride was Civic 10th Gen
Hyundai has not master the steering on high speed. It tends to wobble a little somehow at high speed >120km/hr and gives a floating sensation. The handling is also not sharp and tends to oversteer. The suspension is not firmed & comfort but hard and rigid.
However, if you drive normally and comply to road speed limit, it is very good for daily drive. It has quiet cabin due to sound proofing by kimono and has very good transmission gearbox. The dash board is very clean and easy to navigate to all parameters during drive. The rear cabin c/w flat floor make entry easy for 3 adults. Fuel economy is estimated 12~13km/L (city drive). Solar film from 3M is very good compare to inferior Rikecool.

Wow nice short review from you. Here mine, I do agree on the steering wheel. However the car come with sport mode which will make steering abit stiffer but it not available for sg version. So no comment on how it drive.

For suspension, i think it is relatively comfortable. It is more hard compare to slyphy but definitely more stable to corner. I think honda civic have better handling but i drove city before, i think elantra still have better handling as compared.

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:46 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

However, if you drive  normally and comply to road speed limit, it is very good for daily drive. It has quiet cabin due to sound proofing by kimono and has very good transmission gearbox. The dash board is very clean and easy to navigate to all parameters during drive. The rear cabin c/w flat floor make entry easy for 3 adults. Fuel economy is estimated 12~13km/L (city drive). Solar film from 3M is very good compare to inferior Rikecool.

So civic and elantra, which one have better handling and ride comfort?

When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:18 PM

Tcx607
  • Tcx607
    4th Gear
    Author Image

IMO, I like spirited drive heading NSH. The civic gave me more self confidence and a rush of adrenaline.

Civic provides a better road holding and handling. Contrary, Hyundai gives a peaceful and quiet drive in SG.

You need to know your desire and preferences.

Edited by Tcx607, 12 July 2019 - 12:21 PM.

Do it once, make it good

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:28 PM

makeanewcall
  • Premium member
    makeanewcall
    4th Gear
    Author Image

for me if i compare civic and avante, civic for sporty drive and handling. ride comfort i will go for avante. 

Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:52 PM

poresia
  • poresia
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

for me if i compare civic and avante, civic for sporty drive and handling. ride comfort i will go for avante.

In my opinion, not fair to compare civic vs avant. Price wise s quite a big gap. Avante vs Kia cerato fairer. Civic vs altis or Subaru maybe same platform.

Just my 2 cents comments

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:00 PM

makeanewcall
  • Premium member
    makeanewcall
    4th Gear
    Author Image

In my opinion, not fair to compare civic vs avant. Price wise s quite a big gap. Avante vs Kia cerato fairer. Civic vs altis or Subaru maybe same platform.

Just my 2 cents comments

probably not comparison on price but comparison based on the targeted customer group instead. 

group 1 (sedans): civic/altis/mz3/cerato/impreza/avante

group 2 (compact sedans): city/vios/mz2/accent/attrage

most jap/kor makers in sg have 2 types of sedans in cat A (apart from Kia & Subaru) if we noticed. civic/altis/mz3 are all on the pricier side as compared to cerato/avante but they all fall into the same category except for impreza. 

group 2 are the slightly cheaper compact sedans with city/vios topping the charts in terms of price and attrage being the cheapest. 

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:45 PM

dy777
  • Premium member
    dy777
    1st Gear
    Author Image

IMO, I like spirited drive heading NSH. The civic gave me more self confidence and a rush of adrenaline.
Civic provides a better road holding and handling. Contrary, Hyundai gives a peaceful and quiet drive in SG.
You need to know your desire and preferences.

Avante gave me very good road holding and handling on NSH. I guess the traction control helps.

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:22 PM

Contipro
  • Premium member
    Contipro
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Avante gave me very good road holding and handling on NSH. I guess the traction control helps.

what kind of traction control you refer to?
Please read below link before response. Let's keep MCF environment harmony..
http://www.mycarforu...les-guidelines/

disclaimer: no real person living or dead involved on production of above.

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:57 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just my 2 cents comments

Many people would compare civic vs altis, since both are jap cars made in Thailand. But review it seems like civic overall better.

When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:20 PM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Just my 2 cents comments

Why not fair? The pricing is Singapore is abnormal... all these cars compete all over the world in the same category within prices of $1000 or less... so they're definitely comparable... the Civic has always been class leading in terms of ride and handling... the Mazda 3 has caught up ... so those 2 top the group with the Impreza not far behind... the rest of the group aren't tuned for sporty handling, but more as cruisers... so yes they definitely lag behind in terms of ride and handling... however the Avante probably has the best sound insulation on par with Corolla... Civic & Mazda 3 are quite poor in this regard... the bottom of the class is the Sylphy...

Posted 13 July 2019 - 11:43 PM

Ahtea
  • Ahtea
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Curious. What made you gave up your Civic 10th Gen for Elantra other than the price?

Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:09 AM

Wteo
  • Wteo
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

First time new car buyer. Abit confused by this "name your bid" thing with Komoco despite sitting down with SE earlier today. Any kind soul can elaborate? So if I call 20k COE so long as successful bid is around there AD will absorb the difference if slightly higher than the called amount?
And adjust down the final sale price if lower than my called amount?
And will refund me the deposit if fail to secure after 6 bids?

Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:46 AM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    6th Gear
    Author Image

First time new car buyer. Abit confused by this "name your bid" thing with Komoco despite sitting down with SE earlier today. Any kind soul can elaborate? So if I call 20k COE so long as successful bid is around there AD will absorb the difference if slightly higher than the called amount?
And adjust down the final sale price if lower than my called amount?
And will refund me the deposit if fail to secure after 6 bids?

Just a marketing gimmick... go down, they will give you a price with a COE rebate level... this rebate level is basically if the actual COE premium falls below that value, they refund you the difference. Usually it's pegged so low, it won't happen... they'll also give you their estimated COE premium prediction usually... there's this 'name your COE premium' gimmick cos no one is really certain which way the premium will move... so you can actually ask for a lower or higher bid. Lower bid means says if they offer you $75,000, but you prefer $70,000 that means you're asking them to bid $5000 below their expected price... if the COE remains at the current level or drops, you're likely to get the COE cos at $70,000 if they accept your offer, means they have enough margin to get your COE... although you may not get it this round cos they may have other orders with higher margins or running out of bidding cycles to fulfil dips.. but if they say too low, no chance at all, you can still insist on it I suppose, but then again, you have to live with this for the next 6 bidding cycles. If anytime during the 6 bidding cycles, the COE plunges, then you'll get the car... if not wait until the 6 cycles are over coe get your deposit back with some interest lor... ha ha ha... so you want low low price, be prepared to wait long long or never... coe you get lowest priority lar... usually if you take what they offer in terms of price, the chances of getting your car is pretty good... Komoco would have done their homework and worked out how much they need as a margin to bid to obtain the COE with reasonable flexibility to take into account COE premium increases lor...

Edited by teomingern, 14 July 2019 - 10:49 AM.

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: hyundai, hyundai2016, 2017, 2018 and 3 more...

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)