• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
54 replies to this topic | 64 praises

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

No worries. It definitely works.

Now here's the potential downside.

You cause more premature wear. This is inevitable with any power mod. Expect to change spark plugs and possibly ignition coils sooner. Shouldn't affect the internals though.

The ecu may also stop 'playing nice' with the module. Happened to the guy who bought my M5 after a few months of driving. At this point the RCU had been continuously in the car for more than a year. He started having drivetrain errors that were sorted only after he removed the chip. After that car was trouble free, but he really missed the power.

He's going to try to install it back because there is a way to acclimate the ECU to the new module by a certain pattern of driving so that it doesn't give hiccups. (I wasn't aware of this before). Hopefully it works out well. BMW has fairly sensitive electronics.

Just wanted to give you a more complete picture. But even worst case scenario, your engine internals should be sound. They are confident enough to offer a full engine warranty in Germany - alas it doesn't apply here, but it shows they stand by their product.

The RCU is tune 'adjustable'. Probably it was set at a certain setting which didnt suit the new owners driving style thats why it threw all the drivetrain errors. Have to open the rcu cover to adjust.

The unichip i used on my car kept throwing drivetrain errors and i decided to remove it for good. Good $$$ wasted.. ohwell learning process.
Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The RCU is tune 'adjustable'. Probably it was set at a certain setting which didnt suit the new owners driving style thats why it threw all the drivetrain errors. Have to open the rcu cover to adjust.

The unichip i used on my car kept throwing drivetrain errors and i decided to remove it for good. Good $$$ wasted.. ohwell learning process.

Possibly. My RCU was set at the most aggressive, because that's also my default driving style - I call it the "Jeremy Clarkson baboon special". :D

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:59 PM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Possibly. My RCU was set at the most aggressive, because that's also my default driving style - I call it the "Jeremy Clarkson baboon special". :D

Of course who will drive a m5 like a puss. This is how to tweak the settings.. by turning the S2 setting. S2-9 i think is the most aggro. S1 keep at "1" coz not in use.

But alot of them say same feel after S2-C.. can slowly change it to see. Every 1 up i think changes the gear change rpm up by 500

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Rayoflight, 28 February 2017 - 02:02 PM.

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:05 PM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Curious, if install racechip ultimate or other similar piggybacks that affect engine output power, go for car inspection need to remove? Assuming car is Cat B COE.

Has anyone went through inspection with these piggys on?

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Curious, if install racechip ultimate or other similar piggybacks that affect engine output power, go for car inspection need to remove? Assuming car is Cat B COE.

Has anyone went through inspection with these piggys on?

don't worry it's ok.

inspection checks for roadworthiness and emissions (which you'll have no problem passing as long as you don't de-cat). they don't make the car go through a dynamometer.

you can refer to this link: https://www.onemotor..._a_vehicle.html

Columbian78 praised this
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I am from Russia.  Lee Gong See Mee?

===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am from Russia. Lee Gong See Mee?

You forgot to end off with "lanjiao" πŸ˜‚
Ahbengdriver and Volvobrick praised this
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

Vince_Ng
  • Vince_Ng
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi, I've just bought a Race Chip S from their online store.

I have a problem installing the Race Chip as the instructions manual are on a generic car and I do not know where exactly to hook up the connectors.

Any kind souls who can help and share with me where exactly to hook them up. I'm driving a S60 D2.

Thanks & Cheers.

Edited by Vince_Ng, 22 January 2018 - 05:18 PM.

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:52 AM

Tommisan
  • Premium member
    Tommisan
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi, I've just bought a Race Chip S from their online store.

I have a problem installing the Race Chip as the instructions manual are on a generic car and I do not know where exactly to hook up the connectors.

Any kind souls who can help and share with me where exactly to hook them up. I'm driving a S60 D2.

Thanks & Cheers.

Just go to any reputable workshop. They will be able to fix it for you at a small fee.

Check your email again, racechip usually sends out another mail with the instruction manual for your car.

Even the invoice email has a link to the PDF download instruction manual for your vehicle.

Volvobrick praised this
What does not kill you only makes you stronger.

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

Archon
  • Archon
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi  guys,

Any idea if you normally remove the racechip during servicing? Will the dealer make a fuss out of it?

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi guys,
Any idea if you normally remove the racechip during servicing? Will the dealer make a fuss out of it?

Yes I removed mine when I go for servicing.

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi guys,

don’t just replace with the blind plug

you need to remove the whole chip including harness

πŸ˜…

Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:07 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i think u are screwed.  the dealer can tel u racechipped thru a simple dme scan.

===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

Victee
  • Victee
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,

Am selling my FXT soon and removing a Cusco Stratbar and Racechip Ultimate for sale.

Wonder if got any keen buyer.

Looking at letting go of the strat at $150 and the chip at $500.

Do contact me at 85336341.

Thanks

Vic

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:12 AM

Kingpin1133
  • Kingpin1133
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I have removed my racechip from my E200. I am selling the racechip for $500. Anyone keen? PM me. Thanks. 

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: mercedes-benz, race, tuning and 4 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users