2nd Generation Volkswagen Tiguan (2016)

Carbon82

Currently driving a Peugeot 308 which will be due soon. Looking at VW and Peugeot. Any recommendation for conti cars? Cant decide between Tiguan and 3008. 

Do you value power or comfort? Is fuel consumption negligible or definitely a concern? Do you want a more spirited drive or a more relaxed one?

If you chose the first option for the above, Tiguan will be the choice. Otherwise, 3008 is the way to go.

↡ Advertisement

Do you value power or comfort? Is fuel consumption negligible or definitely a concern? Do you want a more spirited drive or a more relaxed one?

If you chose the first option for the above, Tiguan will be the choice. Otherwise, 3008 is the way to go.

Thanks!

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone,  just booked the Tiguan R-Line 2.0 DSG.  Looking forward to getting my car in December. [:)] 

How's the car so far? 

Review please, thank you. 

This forum seen quiet, but no news could be good news coz car is good and no owner complain. People just enjoying the ride and the new 1.4L can be considering best value in its class if compare to Audi Q3 which asking for $178k!!! Tiquan win over inside out unless for the branding.

Supersonic

This forum seen quiet, but no news could be good news coz car is good and no owner complain. People just enjoying the ride and the new 1.4L can be considering best value in its class if compare to Audi Q3 which asking for $178k!!! Tiquan win over inside out unless for the branding.

Maybe it's more active in FB or Whatsapp group chat.

Now its going for 140k and will be considering a contender for branded midsize SUV despite the raise of COE lately. Wondering will SE bid aggressively to secure Coe in coming round for this price.

How's the car so far? 

Review please, thank you. 

I got my Tiguan 2.0 R-line in Nov 2017, and just done the first servicing recently.  So far, I am really loving the space, practicality, technology and performance of this model.  The fit and finish is very high quality, and no squeaks or creaks anywhere.  The engine is pretty rev happy, and gives good performance very low down, so the turbo lag is almost non-existent.  The DSG has very fast and smooth up shifts, but the lower gears tend to be a little hesitant when you're launching off.  I have done a couple of trips in Malaysia, and the adaptive cruise control certainly best thing for such long drives.  Car feels very stable and planted at higher speeds, and body roll is very well controlled.  Even though this is the 220PS EA888 engine, you do feel the weight of the Tiguan a little bit, but once it gets moving, the performance is very good.  Engine note has the familiar GTI sound and farts.  [;)] 

The DCC function really works well.  In Comfort mode, the road bumps and acceleration is smoother, and easier to drive.  Normal is a little bit tighter and throttle response is faster.  Sport mode really stiffens up the suspension, steering and throttle response even more, and the engine will hold into the torque curve even more.  The 19" Sebring rims are very nice, and colour matches with my Indium Grey body colour, giving the whole car a gun metal look, and the black glossy spoilers front and back.  Look is more aggro but not too overly done.  White body colour would have given it a stormtrooper look. [laugh] 

Mine has the all digital 12.3" LCD dashboard, Active Info Display, which is sharp and very responsive.  The infotainment display is the new 9.2" Discover Pro, which is all touchscreen with no knobs at all.  That thing is a beauty and works very well, fast and responsive, if a fingerprint magnet.  You need a microfiber cloth in the car at all times.

Overall, it has been a very satisfying first year with my Tiguan.

• Praise 3

178k is the list price. If you check with the SE and recent promos, it was going for around 160k.

Correct, got an update and the 1.4L is going for 140k now, the higher Highline variant will be slighly over 150k but I don't see what's the extras to pay 10k more coz both look practically the same. Probably more safety or electronic gadgets.

Its more prestigious but to pay 10k more and this is only at current promotion offer coz a basic Tiguan need at least 150k in the past. Kodiaq does offered better value if only talk about the car mechanically as most people claimed how good and how impressive whatever. However Branding is one very important factor in Singapore. Similarly like staying in small house but located in Jurong East and much bigger house but located in Bukit Batok.

Kodiaq is asking 130k, which is lesser 10k if you want a equally good car for the same engine.

Neutral Newbie

Correct, got an update and the 1.4L is going for 140k now, the higher Highline variant will be slighly over 150k but I don't see what's the extras to pay 10k more coz both look practically the same. Probably more safety or electronic gadgets.

Hi, is the highline 17k more than the comfort line now?

Neutral Newbie

I got my Tiguan 2.0 R-line in Nov 2017, and just done the first servicing recently.  So far, I am really loving the space, practicality, technology and performance of this model.  The fit and finish is very high quality, and no squeaks or creaks anywhere.  The engine is pretty rev happy, and gives good performance very low down, so the turbo lag is almost non-existent.  The DSG has very fast and smooth up shifts, but the lower gears tend to be a little hesitant when you're launching off.  I have done a couple of trips in Malaysia, and the adaptive cruise control certainly best thing for such long drives.  Car feels very stable and planted at higher speeds, and body roll is very well controlled.  Even though this is the 220PS EA888 engine, you do feel the weight of the Tiguan a little bit, but once it gets moving, the performance is very good.  Engine note has the familiar GTI sound and farts.  [;)] 

The DCC function really works well.  In Comfort mode, the road bumps and acceleration is smoother, and easier to drive.  Normal is a little bit tighter and throttle response is faster.  Sport mode really stiffens up the suspension, steering and throttle response even more, and the engine will hold into the torque curve even more.  The 19" Sebring rims are very nice, and colour matches with my Indium Grey body colour, giving the whole car a gun metal look, and the black glossy spoilers front and back.  Look is more aggro but not too overly done.  White body colour would have given it a stormtrooper look. [laugh] 

Mine has the all digital 12.3" LCD dashboard, Active Info Display, which is sharp and very responsive.  The infotainment display is the new 9.2" Discover Pro, which is all touchscreen with no knobs at all.  That thing is a beauty and works very well, fast and responsive, if a fingerprint magnet.  You need a microfiber cloth in the car at all times.

THANK YOU!

Edited by Dos

Checked with SE and confirmed that all Tiguan 1.4L whether Comfortline or Highline is equipped with ACT.

Edited by Fordpiggy

Even I got the Tiguan 2.0 R-Line in Nov 2017 and I have the exact sentiments. I am very happy with our decision to buy the Tiguan. Even we travelled to Malaysia twice and the journey was smooth and fun. The ACC is great for highways as well as everyday driving if needed. The Discover Pro is smooth and no lag. I have updated the maps twice at my end. The auto parking works well whenever we tried it. The parking sensors and camera are really great for manual parking. No need to look at the rear view Mirrors at all. The HUD is great for looking at important information. We all love the Sunroof.  The space inside the car is great. Everyone has enough space and the trunk can hold a lot of stuff.  The only stuff that behaves erratically is the aircon. Sometimes it feels warm and sometimes very cold at the same temperature. 

Overall, we love the Tiguan 

Can someone confirm if all new Tiguan is equipped with ACT as shown?attachicon.gifScreenshot_2018-08-01-17-26-51-238_com.android.browser.png

I think ACT is missing from the R-Line.

• Praise 2

Even I got the Tiguan 2.0 R-Line in Nov 2017 and I have the exact sentiments. I am very happy with our decision to buy the Tiguan. Even we travelled to Malaysia twice and the journey was smooth and fun. The ACC is great for highways as well as everyday driving if needed. The Discover Pro is smooth and no lag. I have updated the maps twice at my end. The auto parking works well whenever we tried it. The parking sensors and camera are really great for manual parking. No need to look at the rear view Mirrors at all. The HUD is great for looking at important information. We all love the Sunroof.  The space inside the car is great. Everyone has enough space and the trunk can hold a lot of stuff.  The only stuff that behaves erratically is the aircon. Sometimes it feels warm and sometimes very cold at the same temperature. 

Overall, we love the Tiguan 

I think ACT is missing from the R-Line.

Nice review!  I also like the Autoparking function and use it whenever I have to parallel park.  It works in most places except for very narrow roads.  Another function I really like also is the 360 camera, which has a lot of useful features, and you should take the time to get to know.

Finally, the AEB or automatic emergency braking already saved me from a few near accidents!

For ACT, that is only available in the 1.4L Comfortline or Highline models.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1