10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

compare Mazda6 2.0 Executive vs Honda Civic 1.6, specs and features alone no brainer to get the Mazda6. It is a different class after all. 

being said that... Mazda6 is a large (5cm wider, 20cm longer... almost the size of BMW 5-series). It will be more challenging to maneuver in tight parking lots and it is more likely for other cars to make dents on your doors.

• Praise 1

How about throwing subaru impreza 2L into the comparison? Its the same size segment, bigger engine, and cheaper than a civic 1.6 now.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

How about throwing subaru impreza 2L into the comparison? Its the same size segment, bigger engine, and cheaper than a civic 1.6 now.

Higher road taxes, no rear air con, not as spacious interior, and thirsty engine. 

rather pointless to compare 0-100 time if the car is driven on public roads. My previous car was a 12s car, and my current Civic 1.5t is 8s.

flooring it and you reach the next traffic light few seconds faster, at the expense of terrible FC

the Imprezza is not a bad car... being well-built and feature rich albeit regular servicing is a little higher and the resale value is rather poor.

Supersonic

Well the power isn't just for reaching the lights first.. sometimes you need a bit more ommph to get out of merging lanes, side roads etc..

• Praise 1

Well the power isn't just for reaching the lights first.. sometimes you need a bit more ommph to get out of merging lanes, side roads etc..

Yea and with full load the turbo does make a lot of difference. Most noticeable especially climbing a steep gradient like the Benjamin Sheares, the low end torque just keep pulling away  [:)]

After weighing and asking around, prolly will go for Civic. Could i ask what else could we get from the sales person? or is it possible to get discount off the selling price? first time buying brand new so not too sure what to ask for..

After weighing and asking around, prolly will go for Civic. Could i ask what else could we get from the sales person? or is it possible to get discount off the selling price? first time buying brand new so not too sure what to ask for..

It is impossible to get discounts from Kah, at most you can demand more freebies nia.

what swung you to Civic over the Mazda6?

Yah bro... what made you decide to go for Civic? You going for 1.6 or 1.5T ?

With only $6K to $7K more than Civic 1.6; Mazda 6 is a very compelling choice, given it is a class above, 6 airbags and host of features plus the OMV is slightly higher.

I don't think Mazda has any reliability issue (beside heng sway thingy) and resale value and demand should be alright. The only thing i heard is the AD servicing is quite costly. Perhaps follow the Mazda 6 thread for more info. 

During CNY this year,  the Mazda 6 (Standard) was also $7K higher than the Civic 1.6. $107K vs $100K. But the OMV for (Standard) was only $17K+.

Anyway, have an enjoyable time!  [:)]    

(edited)

By the way, how is the drive in comparison with the two ?

Specs aside, which one is more fun to drive?

I remember many years ago, I went to test drive the previous generation of Mazda 6. Despite that being a new car, it wasn't as fun to my C7 which is already 7 years old. I made the decision to stick with the CL7 till end of the COE.

MZ6

Edited by Davidtkl

for me it's the resale value and reliability issue.. no doubt its 6k more and features are better than civic.. but most people i spoke recommends Civic..

Yah bro... what made you decide to go for Civic? You going for 1.6 or 1.5T ?

With only $6K to $7K more than Civic 1.6; Mazda 6 is a very compelling choice, given it is a class above, 6 airbags and host of features plus the OMV is slightly higher.

I don't think Mazda has any reliability issue (beside heng sway thingy) and resale value and demand should be alright. The only thing i heard is the AD servicing is quite costly. Perhaps follow the Mazda 6 thread for more info. 

During CNY this year,  the Mazda 6 (Standard) was also $7K higher than the Civic 1.6. $107K vs $100K. But the OMV for (Standard) was only $17K+.

Anyway, have an enjoyable time!  [:)]    

I'm going for the 1.6!

• Praise 1