10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

(edited)

Higher road taxes, no rear air con, not as spacious interior, and thirsty engine.

Yes...agree to some extent.

Buy actually not that thirsty,given that mileage mixed in real life is about 12 kmpl,same for 2.0.

Rear Aircon, might be a godsend,but last time I tried rear Aircon in a Camry,doesn't help a lot as it blows only to your feet.

Imho, the car has a slew of safety that are not omitted inclusive of eyesight, something like honda sensing and your standard 7 airbags etc.

Higher road tax, but if you are considering Mz6,this point is moot.

Spaciousness, slightly smaller,but not that cramped.

Seriously,forget the Impreza unless you want a low hatchback or sedan at an attractive price.

If you can do with an SUV,wait for the new Forester that might be priced at about 102-105k later during launch.

So with your points, higher road taxes is definitely true,rear Aircon is of not much effect of it is positioned wrongly,space is less... However I disagree with thirsty engines.

There's a trade off in everything.

You want a cheaper full fledged car,prepare to sacrifice in space and fuel efficiency by a little.

You want a car with spacious and efficient car, prepare to pay more.

Remember the base civic has only two airbags..

I agree.

This was one of my considerations against civic,other than its price and comfort.

Honestly,if it's a b segment,fine, deal with it as there are no cars with 6 airbags,unless...seat Ibiza under 90k?

If not,no way.

This statement applies to a certain Korean sedan that has a engine displacement of 1591cc and has 3 trims sold by a notoriously famous dealer and the Japanese sedan of 1.6L above Motor image at LK

Edited by Brass
↡ Advertisement

Came across this 17" rims from H Tyre (46 Bendemeer Rd). There are 2 other colours.

Brand is Inforged from Taiwan. PCD is 114.3mm. Did not ask for more details. But mechanic say has installed for new Civic before.

A set of 4 with Bridgestone Ecopia tyres are $12XX after trade in (if i remembered correctly). You may wish to check what is the price before trade in to gauge how much real discount they are giving.

Hi Can a 18” be fix onto the new civic? What’s the PCD of the original stock rim?

Hi Can a 18â be fix onto the new civic? Whatâs the PCD of the original stock rim?

Yes, 5x114.3

Does the turbo version comes with honda sensing system?

KM units no honda sensing
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Hi Can a 18” be fix onto the new civic? What’s the PCD of the original stock rim?

You can install 18" rims on the Civic. The stock rim PCD is 114.3mm.

Beside the PCD, is good to take note of the following...

1) Centre Bore : 64.1mm for Civic

2) Offset : Based on stock 18" rims in the U.S. Civic Si , it has a positive offset of 50mm. 

3) Width : Again, based on stock 18" rims in the U.S. Civic Si, it has a width of 8".

Following the above would be "Woon Woon Chiak Bee Hoon"  [laugh]

Most tyre shops would know what to do. Good to have info just in case come across an inexperienced mechanic. 

If any bros has experience in installing 18" rims on Civic; feel free to share. 

For resources, visit the following websites......

Wheel size of different models in different market :-

https://www.wheel-size.com/

Info on rims :- 

https://www.carsomesg.com/news/item/Rims-What-You-Need-To-Know

LTA guidelines on sport rims and other modifications :-

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/modifications_and_vehoffences/modification_guide/modification_allowed.html

Offset explained :-

Collected my Civic 1.5T HB... no regrets whatsoever..  [thumbsup]

Great stuff !  Congrats and enjoy !  [thumbsup]

Edited by Jounetsu
  • Praise 2

You can install 18" rims on the Civic. The stock rim PCD is 114.3mm.

Beside the PCD, is good to take note of the following...

1) Centre Bore : 64.1mm for Civic

2) Offset : Based on stock 18" rims in the U.S. Civic Si , it has a positive offset of 50mm. 

3) Width : Again, based on stock 18" rims in the U.S. Civic Si, it has a width of 8".

Following the above would be "Woon Woon Chiak Bee Hoon"  [laugh]

Most tyre shops would know what to do. Good to have info just in case come across an inexperienced mechanic. 

If any bros has experience in installing 18" rims on Civic; feel free to share. 

For resources, visit the following websites......

Wheel size of different models in different market :-

https://www.wheel-size.com/

Info on rims :- 

https://www.carsomesg.com/news/item/Rims-What-You-Need-To-Know

LTA guidelines on sport rims and other modifications :-

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/modifications_and_vehoffences/modification_guide/modification_allowed.html

Offset explained :-

Great stuff !  Congrats and enjoy !  [thumbsup]

Wow, thanks for the info. 

By chance anyone know how to root the stock HU to run waze?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

I was in the same position 4 weeks ago. Mazda6 2.0 executive vs civic. If comparing between mz6 2.0 vs civic 1.6na, mz6 is the clear choice.

Mz6 is cheaper, has more features, more comfortable, quieter. Downside is higher road tax, higher FC and its an outgoing model as the 2018 mz6 is coming Q4 this year.

In the end, I went for the civic 1.5t. At 119k, its the best bang for buck family car. The interior is surprising very spacious. Plus KM give 5yrs unlimited mileage (eurokars give 3 yrs 100k) warranty, 7 free servicing (eurokars 3 free servicing),

But the one which sealed the deal is the engine. 170bhp and 210Nm torque which kicks in at 1500rpm, but drinks like a 1.6NA. There is no other car in this segment.

Plus, it has higher omv than the mz6.

Just collected my 1.5t on Thursday. Still running in and (trying very hard) to keep the rpm below 2.5k. So far enjoying every second of it.

Edited by Shull
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

After weighing and asking around, prolly will go for Civic. Could i ask what else could we get from the sales person? or is it possible to get discount off the selling price? first time buying brand new so not too sure what to ask for..

Welcome to Honda club. You won't regret it.

I've owned Civic ES8, FD2, Lancer CS3, Ford focus 1.6.. In the end still back to Civic..

Somehow, the Civic is like Altis, it sells by itself.

Wow, thanks for the info. 

By chance anyone know how to root the stock HU to run waze?

You are most welcome !

Wah... this question ... i am totally clueless  [laugh]    

I was in the same position 4 weeks ago. Mazda6 2.0 executive vs civic. If comparing between mz6 2.0 vs civic 1.6na, mz6 is the clear choice.

Mz6 is cheaper, has more features, more comfortable, quieter. Downside is higher road tax, higher FC and its an outgoing model as the 2018 mz6 is coming Q4 this year.

In the end, I went for the civic 1.5t. At 119k, its the best bang for buck family car. The interior is surprising very spacious. Plus KM give 5yrs unlimited mileage (eurokars give 3 yrs 100k) warranty, 7 free servicing (eurokars 3 free servicing),

But the one which sealed the deal is the engine. 170bhp and 210Nm torque which kicks in at 1500rpm, but drinks like a 1.6NA. There is no other car in this segment.

Just collected my 1.5t on Thursday. Still running in and (trying very hard) to keep the rpm below 2.5k. So far enjoying every second of it.

Wow. Another turbo. No wonder I am seeing more 1.5 turbo than 1.6 on the road.  [rolleyes] 

Top of the world feeling, i am sure. Congrats! 

Turbocharged

Wow. Another turbo. No wonder I am seeing more 1.5 turbo than 1.6 on the road. [rolleyes]

Top of the world feeling, i am sure. Congrats!

That's because many 1.6NA owners are still waiting for the ride to ship out from Thailand, while the 1.5t has ready stock.

Wow that’s quite a jump! And I believe the new model would definitely affect the resale value of the 17 model. It’s really a tough choice!
↡ Advertisement