10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Sir

Buy or no buy?

Not yet decide leh. Not yet test drive. Other options may crop up.

If the drive is about like Altis then good chance. Engine noise and decent pick up are prime considerations.

1 year ago I thought of changing to Mazda3 but that is dropped. Mazda likes engines which roar a little.

↡ Advertisement

There are limited choices in the 1.6 nippon brand mkt, non turbo, sedan, not over 100k.

Sylphy n Altis are aged, next gen should be soon. Civic is the newest but can see it is not a hot seller.

I think it's selling quite well now. Seeing more and more FC Civics, becoming more common until I feel like changing car.
  • Praise 2

Not yet decide leh. Not yet test drive. Other options may crop up.

If the drive is about like Altis then good chance. Engine noise and decent pick up are prime considerations.

1 year ago I thought of changing to Mazda3 but that is dropped. Mazda likes engines which roar a little.

U may want to either wait for the new face lift for the civic or the new Jetta packs with AT which will be coming soon.

Check out YouTube for details..

• Praise 3

2019 Facelifted Honda Civic. 

Not much of a difference from the current one.

2019 HONDA CIVIC REFRESHED WITH NEW STYLING, SPORT TRIM

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2019-honda-civic-refreshed-with-new-styling-sport-trim/

civic-1.jpg

The current-generation Honda Civic is about to receive its first refresh since debuting in late 2015. Along with an updated design, the sedan and coupe receive a new Sport trim and standard HondaSensing on all trim levels.

At first glance, the refreshed Civic doesn't look much different from its predecessor. But take a closer look and you'll notice the upper front fascia wing is painted in black. The layout of the lower fascia has also changed; the vents are now integrated into a single unit rather than separated into three sections. Other updates include a full-width front splitter, chrome side pod accents, updated halogen or LED headlights, new wheel designs, and a chrome accent on the rear bumper of the sedan.

civic-2.jpg

The Sport trim joins the lineup for 2019 with a number of unique styling details of its own. These include piano black accents on the lower front fascia, black 18-inch wheels, and for the sedan, an added rear decklid spoiler. There is also a splitter-style rear lower bumper that has a central exhaust finisher similar to the one on the Civic Si. Inside, Sport models receive an updated 7-inch infotainment screen and a volume knob that replaces the sliding mechanism on previous models.

Honda is positioning the Sport trim between the LX and EX, meaning it should be affordable. Although Honda hasn't announced pricing for the 2019 Civic, 2018 prices ranged between $19,835 and $22,235 for the LX and EX sedans, or between $20,245 and $22,695 for the LX and EX-T coupes. Under the hood, the Sport model receives the base 2.0-liter naturally aspirated four-cylinder engine, and buyers can choose between a six-speed manual or CVT.

Honda Sensing is now standard across all trims of the Civic sedan and coupe. This package includes collision mitigation braking system with forward collision warning, road departure mitigation with lane departure warning, lane keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control. By the 2022 model year, Honda aims to make Honda Sensing technology standard equipment on all of its vehicles.

civic-3.jpg

• Praise 3

FC is about 7.4km/l.

The drive is good, although can feel a bit lagging when climbing slopes.

I find the cabin rather quiet, before than the previous Honda Fit I had.

It's a good car, and based on some of the people whom had analysed for you, it's worthwhile to buy. 

Civic 1.6 standard FC 7.4km/l??? Serious?? You driving Type R ah?? I keep whacking my City also can get 12-13km/l..

• Praise 2

Civic 1.6 standard FC 7.4km/l??? Serious?? You driving Type R ah?? I keep whacking my City also can get 12-13km/l..

may be should be 7.4L/100 km ??

only bro Dash can confirm again.. 

Yah.. more likely la.. Typo... Otherwise pple see this figure will run away liao. [sweatdrop]  haha.. 

Yes, 7.4l per 100km.

My typo mistake.  [sweatdrop]

Not sure if anyone experience the same with their 1.6NA.

City driving especially with a lot of stop start, the fuel efficiency indicator  will worsen quite fast eg from 8 to 8.5 even for less than 15 mins of driving, even being light footed during pickup.

Here's the strange thing, If you are heavy footed ( 0 to 3K rpm) and step on the accelerator for every pick up instead of being gentle,  the FC indicator actually doesn't worsen so much, so instead of 8 to 8.5 in the same trip above, it goes to 8.1 or even stay at 8.

• Praise 2

Not sure if anyone experience the same with their 1.6NA.

City driving especially with a lot of stop start, the fuel efficiency indicator  will worsen quite fast eg from 8 to 8.5 even for less than 15 mins of driving, even being light footed during pickup.

Here's the strange thing, If you are heavy footed ( 0 to 3K rpm) and step on the accelerator for every pick up instead of being gentle,  the FC indicator actually doesn't worsen so much, so instead of 8 to 8.5 in the same trip above, it goes to 8.1 or even stay at 8.

8 to 8.1 is pretty high.

Mine has stayed at 7.4 for more than a year. Previously was at 7.3.

I only rev very hard on slopes. 

8 to 8.1 is pretty high.

Mine has stayed at 7.4 for more than a year. Previously was at 7.3.

I only rev very hard on slopes. 

just an example for city driving, 1.6NA is not fuel efficiency for city driving, can even be as high as 9L per 100KM.

But much better for highway driving, in range of 5 to 6 L per 100KM.

Yes average around 7+ if more than 70% highway.

What your highway/city proportion?

• Praise 1

just an example for city driving, 1.6NA is not fuel efficiency for city driving, can even be as high as 9L per 100KM.

Probably about 7. I can rev quite hard sometimes in the expressways.

You are quite right about that point. Most engines are efficient only at highway. My usual trips are quite short and consist of mainly city roads, so even the most efficient engines seem not so frugal.

Based on my experience, I get the following consumption figures (90% City / 10% highway)

2006 City Vtec (M) 11km/l

2013 Cruze 1.6 9km/l

2016 Cruze 1.4T 11km/l

2018 Civic 1.6 11km/l

So my verdict is don't bother about fuel consumption. Makes not much difference for my driving patterns.

• Praise 5

Hi All,

FYI. 

For existing 1.6 NA civic owners, if your're still on OEM battery & is less than 1 year, better ask dealer to check or replace with a branded ones. Don't think it can last 1 to 1-1/2 years.

The OEM batt seems like got QC issue, e.g. not charging up. Not sure if the 24/7 camera got a role on this. 

Don't get yourself stuck in car parks or on weekends & need assistance.

Mine just change FOC during routine servicing, just nice before the warranty expired. [laugh]

• Praise 2

You are quite right about that point. Most engines are efficient only at highway. My usual trips are quite short and consist of mainly city roads, so even the most efficient engines seem not so frugal.

Based on my experience, I get the following consumption figures (90% City / 10% highway)

2006 City Vtec (M) 11km/l

2013 Cruze 1.6 9km/l

2016 Cruze 1.4T 11km/l

2018 Civic 1.6 11km/l

So my verdict is don't bother about fuel consumption. Makes not much difference for my driving patterns.

you're right. The more we monitor FC, the more frustrated & stress we are.

driving Civic is suppose to always floor the accelerator pedal, rev high RPM, even with the tiny "Singapore only" 1.6 L NA engine. 

must not loose to local Ricer Lancer. 

[thumbsup]

• Praise 1

does the motor insurance industry charge higher premiums for honda civics

i m paying $791.00 now for family sedan altis.

From one of my relatives whom used to work in the automotive insurance line, he mentioned that Honda rides normally command a higher premium in insurance as compared [nod]  particularly those belonging to the 'Young, Hot Blooded' category age group  [laugh]

• Praise 1

From one of my relatives whom used to work in the automotive insurance line, he mentioned that Honda rides normally command a higher premium in insurance as compared [nod] particularly those belonging to the 'Young, Hot Blooded' category age group [laugh]

I think so too. Premium should be higher as they profile the likely drivers.
↡ Advertisement