10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Hi All,

FYI. 

For existing 1.6 NA civic owners, if your're still on OEM battery & is less than 1 year, better ask dealer to check or replace with a branded ones. Don't think it can last 1 to 1-1/2 years.

The OEM batt seems like got QC issue, e.g. not charging up. Not sure if the 24/7 camera got a role on this. 

Don't get yourself stuck in car parks or on weekends & need assistance.

Mine just change FOC during routine servicing, just nice before the warranty expired. [laugh]

Already changed mine to a Bosch battery after more than a year of ownership. 

↡ Advertisement

Not sure if anyone experience the same with their 1.6NA.

City driving especially with a lot of stop start, the fuel efficiency indicator will worsen quite fast eg from 8 to 8.5 even for less than 15 mins of driving, even being light footed during pickup.

Here's the strange thing, If you are heavy footed ( 0 to 3K rpm) and step on the accelerator for every pick up instead of being gentle, the FC indicator actually doesn't worsen so much, so instead of 8 to 8.5 in the same trip above, it goes to 8.1 or even stay at 8.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/GQpiMcz7r4SzB4ofYvKUYw

那么根据报告数据,如果上坡匀速踩油门,转速控制在2000转左右,油耗是390克每千瓦时,也就是390个包子。

如果是深踩油门,转速到3500转,这个比油耗呢,就是302克每千瓦时了,302个包子,反正少了88个包子。输出相同的能量,油耗更少。

• Praise 1

Is the 1.6 version under powered?

Actually that was what I worried before test driving it. Tested both 1.6 and 1.5T versions. The 1.6 surprisingly didn't feel underpowered at all. That was why I settled for the 1.6 version eventually.

I'm driving the 1.6 for the past 3 weeks. Realised the only time I feel the car lacked power was going up slope. But if you increase throttle to about 2500rpm, the engine coupled with the CVT gearing does give the car quite a push. With the CVT, diving style needs a bit of change on my part. I can't drive like how I used to with the Cruze 1.4T with light throttle from start due to differences in the engine torque curves. With the Civic, you just need to give throttle a bit more input to reach the desired speed and thn ease off. You will be rewarded with brisk acceleration and good fuel economy.

Don't be worried about fuel consumption. I've been getting between 7.5l - 8.5l per 100km for the last few pumps. Not too bad for 90% city driving conditions.

I just got my car camera installed at KM. However, I was told that the car camera cannot be connected to the car battery as it would void the warranty. Apparently, KM has received many complaints of Civics that had dead batteries due to the car camera. To me, this is very silly. I asked the guy if that means that the camera can only record when the car's engine is on, and he said yes. That defeats the purpose of having a car camera. Why can't they just allow us to have a continuous power supply and let us choose when to turn it off? Has anyone else encountered this when installing your camera through KM? 

I just got my car camera installed at KM. However, I was told that the car camera cannot be connected to the car battery as it would void the warranty. Apparently, KM has received many complaints of Civics that had dead batteries due to the car camera. To me, this is very silly. I asked the guy if that means that the camera can only record when the car's engine is on, and he said yes. That defeats the purpose of having a car camera. Why can't they just allow us to have a continuous power supply and let us choose when to turn it off? Has anyone else encountered this when installing your camera through KM?

I have opt out of the option ( installing the cam via KM). The reason that KM not wanting to connect the cam to the battery is due to the cam model used. IRoad v9. They are using the 1st ver of V9 which there are cases with the power failed not cutoff even with the min Voltage set..or owner forgot to set.. that resulted in depleted battery.. or shorten the battery life..

However they do allow connecting the cam to the battery if you are willing to forgo the warrenty for the battery..

Edited by mengchain

I have opt out of the option ( installing the cam via KM). The reason that KM not wanting to connect the cam to the battery is due to the cam model used. IRoad v9. They are using the 1st ver of V9 which there are cases with the power failed not cutoff even with the min Voltage set..or owner forgot to set.. that resulted in depleted battery.. or shorten the battery life..

However they do allow connecting the cam to the battery if you are willing to forgo the warrenty for the battery..

Kah Motor should be using iroad v9s2 version.  I believe they no longer support the warranty of the iroad and asked customer to contact their vendor directly.  If the battery does not get sufficient charged, then the iroad can shut down to protect the battery life through settings in the iroad app.

Kah Motor should be using iroad v9s2 version.  I believe they no longer support the warranty of the iroad and asked customer to contact their vendor directly.  If the battery does not get sufficient charged, then the iroad can shut down to protect the battery life through settings in the iroad app.

Well when i ask my KM's SA in Mar 18, they are still using Ver1. Not sure about now.

"

If the battery does not get sufficient charged, then the iroad can shut down to protect the battery life through settings in the iroad app." That statement is correct ... However if you google for iRoadV9, you can find a num of  people (small) raising the issue where the iRoad failed to shutdown when the cutoff voltage is reached.

Because of that, I went for the 3rd party cam..

Edited by mengchain

If you want continuous recording, KM will connect your iRoad to the car battery. If not they will connect the dash cam to your ignition fuse. It’s hardwired and not controlled by the dash cam itself. The stock battery is it average quality, some owners they park more then they drive thus the battery is always in depleting state and that shortens the lifespan of your car batt.

Some AD like VW they don’t even offer parking recording.

Well when i ask my KM's SA in Mar 18, they are still using Ver1. Not sure about now.

"

If the battery does not get sufficient charged, then the iroad can shut down to protect the battery life through settings in the iroad app." That statement is correct ... However if you google for iRoadV9, you can find a num of people (small) raising the issue where the iRoad failed to shutdown when the cutoff voltage is reached.

Because of that, I went for the 3rd party cam..

I booked my car in early March and was given the v9s2. Which dash cam you went for?

I guess the dash cam issue varies among SA. My SA was good he advised me to install the iRoad battery pack outside. I installed the battery pack immediately after I drove out from KM on the day I collected my car

Mine was Iroad v9s2 when car was delivered in Jun 17.  

Some AD like VW they don’t even offer parking recording.

I booked my car in early March and was given the v9s2. Which dash cam you went for?

I did confirm with my SA a couple of time on the version.

In the end i went for Thinkware F800 Pro

Mine was Iroad v9s2 when car was delivered in Jun 17.  

Hahah maybe my SA tried to pull as fast one..Which is weird as he had been very straight with me throughout the sale process...

Actually that was what I worried before test driving it. Tested both 1.6 and 1.5T versions. The 1.6 surprisingly didn't feel underpowered at all. That was why I settled for the 1.6 version eventually.

I'm driving the 1.6 for the past 3 weeks. Realised the only time I feel the car lacked power was going up slope. But if you increase throttle to about 2500rpm, the engine coupled with the CVT gearing does give the car quite a push. With the CVT, diving style needs a bit of change on my part. I can't drive like how I used to with the Cruze 1.4T with light throttle from start due to differences in the engine torque curves. With the Civic, you just need to give throttle a bit more input to reach the desired speed and thn ease off. You will be rewarded with brisk acceleration and good fuel economy.

Don't be worried about fuel consumption. I've been getting between 7.5l - 8.5l per 100km for the last few pumps. Not too bad for 90% city driving conditions.

Feels the same on power as you.

Just like to check on the fuel consumption, your 7.5-8.5l/100km is based on the dashboard reading?

Cos, I always use the actual distance travelled / the total litres of petrol to full tank and doesn’t tally with the dashboard reading...

Feels the same on power as you.

Just like to check on the fuel consumption, your 7.5-8.5l/100km is based on the dashboard reading?

Cos, I always use the actual distance travelled / the total litres of petrol to full tank and doesn’t tally with the dashboard reading...

The readings are from the trip computer. I will do a manual calculation to tally during my next pump to verify. Sometimes manual calculation may not be accurate too depending on how much more petrol you squeeze in after the first click from the pump.

• Praise 1

The readings are from the trip computer. I will do a manual calculation to tally during my next pump to verify. Sometimes manual calculation may not be accurate too depending on how much more petrol you squeeze in after the first click from the pump.

That's user error, nothing to do with the method... the manual method is the most accurate... just pump until the pump stops automatically... if you use the same pump each time, your manual calculation will be accurate since you top up the fuel to the same full point each time...

Able to upgrade to v9s2? i'm using it and i have no issue with voltage cut off. 

Able to upgrade to v9s2? i'm using it and i have no issue with voltage cut off. 

At that time, I did asked the SA about it.. But v9s2 is not available for upgrade. As such i went for F800 Pro, Though it is more expensive.. Personally I think it is worth it.