10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Civic is a nice car... but due to money I choose Jazz.

But next car aim Civic 

Hopefully the next gen Civic will continue to be a good car. 

↡ Advertisement

Civic is a nice car... but due to money I choose Jazz.

But next car aim Civic 

The Jazz is a nice spacious car with good FC and space utilisation. I enjoyed driving my friend's car for a month.

It does this by making good use of it's interior. However the metalwork is necessarily thin to keep the overall weight down. It also only has two airbags, and you hope never to get involved in any large accident at high speeds.

Our local Civic also makes do with dual airbags for the cheaper 1.6 version, but the metalwork is a little bit better. For someone my age, it's a whole lot easier to get into the Jazz than the Civic.

If they make a new generation of Jazz with the 1.5T, full safety features, and keep the useful seat design, it will be a nice choice...

You are quite right about that point. Most engines are efficient only at highway. My usual trips are quite short and consist of mainly city roads, so even the most efficient engines seem not so frugal.

Based on my experience, I get the following consumption figures (90% City / 10% highway)

2006 City Vtec (M) 11km/l

2013 Cruze 1.6 9km/l

2016 Cruze 1.4T 11km/l

2018 Civic 1.6 11km/l

So my verdict is don't bother about fuel consumption. Makes not much difference for my driving patterns.

My 2008 Civic1.8M 12.8km/L,  70% City, 30% HW

My 2008 Civic1.8M 12.8km/L, 70% City, 30% HW

My last pump was 7.5l/100km (13.3km/l) based on the trip computer. Manual calculation shows about 12.4km/l.

Any existing 1.6 FC owner here, install fog light after market?

Mind to share roughtly how much you install and does it comes with new Signal/Headlamp/Fog light stick, or install additional switch somewhere else?

Hi,

Like to check anybody book a civic last month or recently? What is the estimate delivery month from AD?

I booked my Civic in Jul. Was told by SE the car will only come in Oct. How about you?

I booked my Civic in Jul. Was told by SE the car will only come in Oct. How about you?

Booked in early Aug. SE say estimate to collect in Dec. Stated in the invoice.

Booked in early Aug. SE say estimate to collect in Dec. Stated in the invoice.

Oh man. I’m only 3 weeks ahead of you in booking the car. Hope my car will really be in by next month.

Oh man. I’m only 3 weeks ahead of you in booking the car. Hope my car will really be in by next month.

I booked early July after 25K COE and gotten mine on the 5th Sept bidding (my 4th bid-Non Gtd). Expected to collect my car Civic 1.6 late Oct but was told by SE that my car can be collected 1st wk of Oct. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi may i know if changing of rims with lower offset and wider width will affect the warranty of the car? If yes which part of the car will be voided the warranty? Suspension, etc?

Noticed KM pricelist now lists two Civic 1.6 models, 1.6 ($90K) and 1.6 LX ($92K). Anyone has any idea what's the difference between the two?

I think based on the differences of the City and CRV's LX and non LX versions, the non LX Civic may not have reverse camera and leather seats. 

Should check with the SE.

↡ Advertisement