10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

with the honda sensing and everything in, i think the price will go up by another 10k?

now i am waiting for feb shipment also... mine is 1.5T white

New batch comes with Honda Sensing?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I’m assuming it’s the 2019 facelift model that comes with sensing

TH model Sensing only comes in the top 1.5T RS spec, so that's probably a good indication of what we will get.

TH model Sensing only comes in the top 1.5T RS spec, so that's probably a good indication of what we will get.

Hello fellow civic owners ,

Currently driving a civic FD1 , really good car . As COE ending in about 1 year time . Looking to get the 1.6NA . Already test drove it .

Heard there’s some common issues like battery and steering rack . Is it still worth to get the civic?

Thanks for advise

Yup same experience with the steering wheel here. About a week ago, it started to have some ‘tiak tiak tiak’ sound when I turn the steering wheel anything more than 90 degrees both direction. Heard this is a very common issue and thankfully covered under KM warranty. Just got to drive it back to the SA and let them check and confirm the problem. Understand they will have to order a new steering rack and do a one for one replacement. However, many people also shared that the replacement can take as long as up to two days..

Hi, may I know if the issue will be solved for good after doing the one for one replacement?

Probably need to first be checked by the SA and mechanics. If they confirm that it is a steering rack issue, they will order a replacement steering rack and do a one for one replacement and that should solve the problem. On a side note, I just went down to Mandai KM to get the issue checked. Was told no issue and they just reset some settings and the sound from the steering is gone (for now). Hopefully, this lasts...

Probably need to first be checked by the SA and mechanics. If they confirm that it is a steering rack issue, they will order a replacement steering rack and do a one for one replacement and that should solve the problem. On a side note, I just went down to Mandai KM to get the issue checked. Was told no issue and they just reset some settings and the sound from the steering is gone (for now). Hopefully, this lasts...

Thanks, hope it lasts too..

I'm currently shortlisting and civic is one of the shortlists so want to know in advance of any major faults

Wife just purchased the Civic for 90k last weekend. There are really not much comparable sedans around this price range. Even though cars like the Kia has more functions, the drive of the Civic is really much way better. As it is driven by the Wife, functions are not that important. As long as she loves the drive it is good enough. After all, my past cars were all Honda and so was her Father's, so she is pretty used to Honda.

Given that the steering rack is quite a well known problem, wouldn't they have feedback and the new batches would be resolved?

Are there any recent owners who don't experience this problem?

By the way the SE says end-feb but fingers crossed can deliver earlier. Guaranteed COE so it is a matter of stock availability.

Wife just purchased the Civic for 90k last weekend. There are really not much comparable sedans around this price range. Even though cars like the Kia has more functions, the drive of the Civic is really much way better. As it is driven by the Wife, functions are not that important. As long as she loves the drive it is good enough. After all, my past cars were all Honda and so was her Father's, so she is pretty used to Honda.

Given that the steering rack is quite a well known problem, wouldn't they have feedback and the new batches would be resolved?

Are there any recent owners who don't experience this problem?

By the way the SE says end-feb but fingers crossed can deliver earlier. Guaranteed COE so it is a matter of stock availability.

Mine will be going for the steering rack replacement, but the parts need to indent in, about a month.

My gut feel is something to do with the power steering motor, maybe soft ware issue and interfacing with the steering. Any way, they will chabge the whole steering rack together with the motor, as one module.

I think new batch should have resolved this issue, unless Thailand still got old steerring rack in stock.

I Think they don't do a recall because not a safety issue.....

Hi, may I know if the issue will be solved for good after doing the one for one replacement?

No guarantee they will do one to one replacement for you. So if you buy based on the wrong thinking, then will surely regret one

Noted.. btw, can I say that not all will be affected?

yup it does not affect all Civics sold in SG, so far only a handful of owners has steering rack issue from what I have gathered from our whatsapp group chats.

I have driven for 7 months and no issue with mine too.

yup it does not affect all Civics sold in SG, so far only a handful of owners has steering rack issue from what I have gathered from our whatsapp group chats.

I have driven for 7 months and no issue with mine too.

Thanks for sharing. It is somewhat a relief to hear
  • Praise 1

anyone collecting their civic in Q1 2019 who interested in forming a whatsapp group chat do pm me :) we can keep each other updated on issues, packages, collection dates, mods etc..

i believe there's already an older civic groupchat but they are not responding to my requests..

• Praise 1

Thanks for sharing. It is somewhat a relief to hear

Today i went to KM Ubi to report the steering issue. The person attending to my car said that only some cars experience this and have different degree of problems. He said mine is not too bad yet. They will order the part and once it arrives they will call me. It will take 1.5 days to get it fixed. Have to leave the car there. I am hoping that the replacement will fix it. Otherwise have to keep replacing it :(.  [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

Today i went to KM Ubi to report the steering issue. The person attending to my car said that only some cars experience this and have different degree of problems. He said mine is not too bad yet. They will order the part and once it arrives they will call me. It will take 1.5 days to get it fixed. Have to leave the car there. I am hoping that the replacement will fix it. Otherwise have to keep replacing it :(. [thumbsdown]

I am going down for my 6 months servicing this Saturday, will share updates on how they are going to rectify this steering issue also

I am going down for my 6 months servicing this Saturday, will share updates on how they are going to rectify this steering issue also

Hi, Great news to all FC Civic owners. 

Kah Motors has acknowledged this steering issue and is giving a replacement steering wheel FOC under recall program. 

I went down to Kah Motors for servicing and my usual service technician is already checking my car's steering for this issue, but my car do not have such steering problems.

Those Civic owners who have faced such issues may go down and let them check. If need to replace, turnaround time is about 1.5 days for procurement and installation. 

↡ Advertisement