10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

true.

But CVT vs dual clutch. Tough choice for the japs. They seemed to have uniformly decided that CVT is the way to go instead of dual clutch gearboxes [:|]

CVT is ok but just don't match it with high engine power and expect sports car performance

:D

↡ Advertisement

CVT is ok but just don't match it with high engine power and expect sports car performance

don't worry lah, even new Subaru WRX also CVT, can easily pull 270ps/350Nm,

current CVT use driven chain instead of belt  

CVT is not going to do justice to the 1.5T 174ps engine

ah bengs would be sorely disappointed if they attempt to mod the engine for more hp

A lot of Japs are using CVT now eg Nissan, Honda.

Feedback is that modern CVT doesn't feel so "rubber band" unlike the previous generation.

Also, 174ps for 1.5T at 1800 rpm still need to mod the engine meh? Those ah Bengs should adjust to the times!!

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 8

don't worry lah, even new Subaru WRX also CVT, can easily pull 270ps/350Nm,

current CVT use driven chain instead of belt  

i think you missed my point.  i am not doubting the durability or reliability of the CVT.

rather the driving dynamics of CVT is not suitable for "spirited" driving of ah bengs 

A lot of Japs are using CVT now eg Nissan, Honda.

Feedback is that modern CVT is doesn't feel so "rubber band" unlike the previous generation.

Also, 174ps for 1.5T at 1800 rpm still need to mod the engine meh? Those ah Bengs should adjust to the times!!

still got rubber band no matter what

ah bengs' ego is as big as the hp of their cars, the higher the better

i think you missed my point.  i am not doubting the durability or reliability of the CVT.

rather the driving dynamics of CVT is not suitable for "spirited" driving of ah bengs 

still got rubber band no matter what

ah bengs' ego is as big as the hp of their cars, the higher the better

then go back to manual, even DCT also cannot tahan [:p]

(edited)

hello TS, you keep posting photos but never give valuable info such as how many Airbags?

what model of AD will bring in? you look like AD  advertising here :D  

post specification data rather than photos, I also want to know Dimensions (L x W x H)

You very demanding leh, want spec go google lah...   [smash]  [:p]

I no car salesman hor, just find that the new Civic look a great leap from the current gen and thus posting the photos. OK you want spec I give you. [nod]

Dimensions: 4,630mm (L) x 1,798mm (W) x 1,415mm (H)

Wheelbase: 2,700mm

Trunk Capacity: 428 L

Weight: ~1,244 - 1,326Kg (depend on engine, transmission and trim)

Weight Distribution: ~60% Front 40% Rear

Fuel Comnsumption (Combined): 14.88Km/L

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 6

How I wish there is a manual variant. 1.5T mated with 6-speed manual.

It is available in the US, but not sure if KM will have this option. In the first place, I am not even sure if KM will be daring to even introduce the 1.5T for the new Civic for COE or reliablity reasons.

• Praise 5

It is available in the US, but not sure if KM will have this option. In the first place, I am not even sure if KM will be daring to even introduce the 1.5T for the new Civic for COE or reliablity reasons.

Well you may like to know that KM has confirmed the 174hp 1,5T Civic will be available in SG.

See here

http://carbuyer.com.sg/news/833-confirmed-new-174bhp-honda-civic-turbo-for-singapore

• Praise 3

Finally my wait is not in vene. My 8th Gen civic has served me well.

I am sure once land in shore, I will get one replacement to my existing civic.

I am happy with the spec on 1.5L turbo. However the NA 2L seems more conservative in reliability which is my most priority. Anyway, civic is my choice

• Praise 2

All down to price kah motor charge for this new generation. Price too high you compete with likes of Mazda 6 and legacy. However, too low, You Can Stop Dreaming! Especially for kah motors!

• Praise 2

Design is appealing and engine options look yummy. If priced at a reasonable premium, this car will rob a lot of sales from Altis and Mazda3. Finally, another competitive Honda mainstream model.

• Praise 3