Air purifier for car

east41st

Hey guys

Our cabin air filter (the one behind glove box)

Is it possible to have HEPA filters? If so, where to buy?

Yes, and it depends on what car you have too.

↡ Advertisement

Yes, and it depends on what car you have too.

Oh nice. I drive a 2016 Hyundai sonata LF.

Any recommendations on shops with a large selection or any contacts that I can call for a quote or anything?

I have some news and facts to share.

Do you know environment inside the car is more polluted compare with outdoor environment?

This is the air pollution which is affected health condition and caused disease.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jun/12/children-risk-air-pollution-cars-former-uk-chief-scientist-warns

World Health Organization says, most of the world breathes polluted air.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/27/health/air-pollution-map-who/index.html

This month, there is brand new high performance car air purifier, which will tackle the issue mentioned above. You may have a look.

As this is now a revolutionised car air purifier in market, the demand is tremendously high. If any of your relatives or friends is allergen sufferer, or they are high health conscious, you may share to them.

**As previously I have share some information but maybe that is unofficial launching so might make some of you misunderstanding. Now is officially launching start from this month, I managed to get few unit on hand, so I can share more information for those are interested. Here is my number 82839397, you can drop me a message or WhatsApp and let me know you are from this forum and wish to know more about it. TQ

post-195498-0-53630800-1510579406_thumb.jpeg

post-195498-0-97563000-1510579419_thumb.png

post-195498-0-38934000-1510579463_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

Hey guys

Our cabin air filter (the one behind glove box)

Is it possible to have HEPA filters? If so, where to buy?

So far I know HEPA filter option can find for Volvo.  HEPA filter need more pressure to pull the air through so for cars with motor not designed for HEPA the air flow will come out slower.  I couldn't find the manufacturer spec for the back pressure for the stock so didn't bother looking cos nothing to compare.  I just change regularly and seems good enough.

• Praise 1

I have a good news or bad news? In fact, this is truth, <Toxic At Any Speed> claims that polluted air inside cars is dangerous than outside. Agree or disagree, you can not ignore it. If you have your family, and you are the driver and own a vehicle, you should know this.

One more things, my lovely auntie always say medical fees in Singapore is not a small amount, if live in Singapore you can die but can not sick, once you sick very serious. Because you need worry you have enough saving or medical card, or you can take the suffer on the bed of Hospital and let medical doctor decide your life. What a funny joke and make me scare, Haha...

Hope this can help those are love their family. Don’t regret when you loss, and cherish what you have with your family and nice memories.

Here is the link https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/01/car_chemicals.html

post-195498-0-14427500-1510911394_thumb.png

post-195498-0-84664100-1510914414_thumb.jpeg

Ionizer is good for cars. You can smell the freshness of the air in the cabin. Dust will accumulate at the unit, which can be wiped off with a piece of damp cloth or sponge!

There's a danger with buying new cars too.
New cars interior has tonnes of VOC. 
That new car smell everyone loves, is toxic. 
Glue, curing compound, welding gas, paints, plastics ( from moulding process ) , leather ( fake ones emit more VOC ), fabrics, oil, lubricants.

Statistics has shown that moving into a new resident, new office, new car, witihin a week, someone will fall sick due to hidden VOC.

• Praise 1

Ionizer is good for cars. You can smell the freshness of the air in the cabin. Dust will accumulate at the unit, which can be wiped off with a piece of damp cloth or sponge!

The air purifier is even better, I tried both ionizer and air purifier, ionizer just can't beat it. The air is darn fresh after 20minutes drive and can still feel the freshness of the air.

• Praise 1

Sharp-FU-GEM1N-B.jpg

Here's mine, a SHARP FU-GEM1N-B.

I never wanted an air purifier for the car because our air quality is usually pretty good.  Furthermore, my car already have filtered air coming in.  If the interior air quality is bad, just wind down the window to refresh.

But then one day I brought some Fried Prawn Paste Chicken (虾酱鸡) home in my car, and as I was leaving the parked car, it suddenly dawn on me why most cars' stink -- lingering smell from (delicious) food are trapped inside and steadily get absorb into cushions and carpeting!

I drive short trips so I honestly do not know if the air purifier contributes to better driving experience, but I can tell you one thing for sure - my six months old car smell new again (and primarily of fresh Nappa leather!)  

All the bedrooms at home have a Sharp Purifier in them, because they work!   It's like sleeping in an air-conditioned forest.  As a smoker, I like to think my lungs get a break 8/24 hours a day.  So I did not think twice which brand to buy when I wanted an Air Purifier for my car.

Oh, I have installed a Relay to its power supply that taps power directly from the car battery.  This Relay will turn on the Air Purifier one minute after I start up my car.  More importantly, it is set to continue to run for 10 minutes (adjustable up to 60 minutes) after I have parked the car.  Otherwise, how else can it cleanse the lingering smell of 虾酱鸡?  

PS. Sharp has an Ionizer shaped like a cup.  Frankly that's good enough for keeping your car's interior fresh.  I bought this bad ass with proper paper and charcoal filters because it's cheaper then the "Cup" in TaoBao, plus it fits in nicely with my car.  lol

Edited by Bluemint
  • Praise 5

Sharp-FU-GEM1N-B.jpg

I never wanted an air purifier for the car because our air quality is usually pretty good.  Furthermore, my car already have filtered air coming in.  If the interior air quality is bad, just wind down the window to refresh.

But then one day I brought some Fried Prawn Paste Chicken (虾酱鸡) home in my car, and as I was leaving the parked car, it suddenly dawn on me why most cars' stink -- lingering smell from (delicious) food are trapped inside and steadily get absorb into cushions and carpeting!

I drive short trips so I honestly do not know if the air purifier contributes to better driving experience, but I can tell you one thing for sure - my six months old car smell new again (and primarily of fresh Nappa leather!)  

All the bedrooms at home have a Sharp Purifier in them, because they work!   It's like sleeping in an air-conditioned forest.  As a smoker, I like to think my lungs get a break 8/24 hours a day.  So I did not think twice which brand to buy when I wanted an Air Purifier for my car.

Oh, I have installed a Relay to its power supply that taps power directly from the car battery.  This Relay will turn on the Air Purifier one minute after I start up my car.  More importantly, it is set to continue to run for 10 minutes (adjustable up to 60 minutes) after I have parked the car.  Otherwise, how else can it cleanse the lingering smell of 虾酱鸡?  

PS. Sharp has an Ionizer shaped like a cup.  Frankly that's good enough for keeping your car's interior fresh.  I bought this bad ass with proper paper and charcoal filters because it's cheaper then the "Cup" in TaoBao, plus it fits in nicely with my car.  lol

That looks like quite a big unit. Don't know where to place this if its in my car.. Hows the noise level? And the normal 12v not sufficient to power up this unit?

That looks like quite a big unit. Don't know where to place this if its in my car.. Hows the noise level? And the normal 12v not sufficient to power up this unit?

At 184x77x243, I think it's one of the largest air purifier in the market.  lol. 

Here's how it looks like hanging behind the driver's seat.  http://image.suning.cn/uimg/sop/commodity/611841502821550298848000_x.jpg  I've also seen SUV owners install it underneath the front seat.

Noise level wise, at its normal speed, no front passenger ever noticed I have an air purifier.  Some rear passengers noticed it after a while, but it's still very soft and not intrusive.

Sorry I misled you.  It's powered by the cigar lighter.  However, I modified it to draw power directly from the car battery so that it can continue to run after I have switched off the engine.

Edited by Bluemint
  • Praise 1

Sharp-FU-GEM1N-B.jpg

I never wanted an air purifier for the car because our air quality is usually pretty good. Furthermore, my car already have filtered air coming in. If the interior air quality is bad, just wind down the window to refresh.

All the bedrooms at home have a Sharp Purifier in them, because they work! It's like sleeping in an air-conditioned forest. As a smoker, I like to think my lungs get a break 8/24 hours a day. So I did not think twice which brand to buy when I wanted an Air Purifier for my car.

Oh, I have installed a Relay to its power supply that taps power directly from the car battery. This Relay will turn on the Air Purifier one minute after I start up my car. More importantly, it is set to continue to run for 10 minutes (adjustable up to 60 minutes) after I have parked the car. Otherwise, how else can it cleanse the lingering smell of 虾酱鸡?

PS. Sharp has an Ionizer shaped like a cup. Frankly that's good enough for keeping your car's interior fresh. I bought this bad ass with proper paper and charcoal filters because it's cheaper then the "Cup" in TaoBao, plus it fits in nicely with my car. lol

WA you darn fierce. For car no need so big air purifier La. Small one can already.

WA you darn fierce. For car no need so big air purifier La. Small one can already.

Hee hee.  Indeed it's big, but since it is cheaper in TaoBao then the small Sharp "cup" ionizer plus I happen to have a nice slot to install it, I went for it.

For space constraints, the small Sharp is expensive but works.  Unlike most ionizers, Sharp's Plasmacluster ionizer produces both positive and negative ions.  That means your car interior (most noticeably the windows/windshields) will not be coated with a thin film of dirt.  Although you can wipe them clean, I'd say good luck wiping the inside of your dashboard display plastic!  Although the small Sharp isn't a filter per se, I feel we don't really need to filter our air but freshening it is a good idea.

↡ Advertisement