Just purchase a Chevrolet Cruze

Shawnong81

If you are referring to the new cruze that is launched in CHINA, NOT the FL edition,

it should come with GM new range of ecotec engine. 1.4T , 1.0T...etc,

From what I read,the new engine is quieter, more powerful, and more economical than last generation, dual clutch if it brings to local and better than VW TSI engine.

The new Ecotec engines represent a clean-sheet design and engineering process, leveraging the diverse experience of GM’s global resources. Technologies such as central direct fuel injection, continuously variable valve timing, turbocharging and variable intake manifold airflow help achieve efficiency goals with broad power bands, for an optimal balance of strong performance and lower fuel consumption.

“The new Ecotec architecture represents the most advanced and efficient family of small-car gas engines in GM’s history,” said Tom Sutter, global chief engineer. “Along with performance and efficiency targets, we’ve also aimed for segment-leading refinement with low noise and vibration – and we’ve hit the bulls-eye.”

Modularity in parts – such as four-cylinder and three-cylinder blocks – that share bore spacing, bore diameter, liners and other dimensions, reduces complexity while increasing the flexibility to quickly adapt the architecture for new applications.

The new Ecotec engines are calibrated to run on regular unleaded gas – even the high-output turbo variants.

The new 1.4L turbo for the 2015 next-generation Chevrolet Cruze in China is estimated at 148 horsepower (110 kW) and 173 lb-ft of torque (235 Nm). The 1.5L is rated at an estimated 113 horsepower (84 kW) and 108 lb-ft of torque (146 Nm).

In China, Cruze models with the 1.4L turbo engine will also feature an all-new dual-clutch gearbox.

don't even think of the 2016 cruze...i view it today at their showroom

1/ seriously under power, same as previous 1.6 (i asked them why not maintain the turbo) and they said turbo making losses after selling local market because Cat A and Cat B COE too close.

that car is easily 200kgs heavier then Vezel.... and talk about Vezel under-power...omg

2/ No more new turbo in the showroom until March, because make way for the 2016 cruze (can't imaging is you put the 2016 cruze together with 1.4 t).... who will buy the 2016 cruze.... headache

3/ the body design improve but not as fierce as mazda 6.

4/ surprise to know no sun-roof but i saw some overseas model have

cheers

Edited by Sopskysalat
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Interesting! A facelifted Cruze seems to be available from Alpine Motors on their pricelist.

New face, but old 1.6L engine?

post-157416-0-27816000-1448177350_thumb.png

I own a 2012 Cruze 5 hatchback, which is essentially the same as the sedan in terms of engine specs. 1.6 naturally aspirated engine, 122 BHP. Had the car for about 3.5 years now.

There's very little support on the local Chevrolet forums (which is almost dead), but the overseas ones are pretty active. Those forums will have TONS of complaints on the Chevrolet cruze, and I can tell you, it's all true. It is absolutely difficult and painful to drive and ultra unreliable.

I haven't heard any complaints about the 1.4 Turbo so far though, so I really hope it's a major improvement.

Soonsoonsoon....lol....joking

That's not even funny.. The 1.4t has quite some applications across the GM range just that they just recently brought the chevy ones in. Typical Singaporean once an opinion is formed no amount of improvement can change it. Stick to Toyota and honda yea?

valian, on 09 Dec 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:

That's not even funny.. The 1.4t has quite some applications across the GM range just that they just recently brought the chevy ones in. Typical Singaporean once an opinion is formed no amount of improvement can change it. Stick to Toyota and honda yea?

:grin:  :grin:

• Praise 4

please share some of your frustration with us. :D

honda to me is as reliable as IDN haze. :wut:

I own a 2012 Cruze 5 hatchback, which is essentially the same as the sedan in terms of engine specs. 1.6 naturally aspirated engine, 122 BHP. Had the car for about 3.5 years now.

There's very little support on the local Chevrolet forums (which is almost dead), but the overseas ones are pretty active. Those forums will have TONS of complaints on the Chevrolet cruze, and I can tell you, it's all true. It is absolutely difficult and painful to drive and ultra unreliable.

I haven't heard any complaints about the 1.4 Turbo so far though, so I really hope it's a major improvement.

Driving a Cruze 1.4T for almost a year. Mileage around 24K. No tune. All stock. Running fine without issue.

Only minor issue is the creaking sound of the back seat due to brushing of seat belt and PU leather.

• Praise 1

Driving a Cruze 1.4T for almost a year. Mileage around 24K. No tune. All stock. Running fine without issue.

Only minor issue is the creaking sound of the back seat due to brushing of seat belt and PU leather.

How's the drive on the 1.4T been? The 1.6 NA is extremely jerky, especially from gears 1 to 3. It feels like in between gear changes, the gear goes on neutral for 1 or 2 seconds. On research, it seems its due to the gear box. Please all of you who have the 1.6 NA - if you want to drive it long term, change your transmission fluid more often. RDY tells me to change it every year if possible. Is that nuts or what? I first changed the transmission fluid after 2.5 years of driving, and it was totally black. I met other cruze owners @ RDY and they faced the same issue as well.

Also, be prepared to have air-con issues as well. It is common to have the air con coil leak after about 3 to 3.5 years. You will find the air con gas leaks through the coil is common. And it is not cheap to have it replaced. RDY quoted SGD$750 to change the coil, mainly because they tell me the coil in the cruze is right at the bottom of the engine chasis, so everything in the front has to be overhauled and removed before the coil can be changed.. a lot of work.

How's the drive on the 1.4T been? The 1.6 NA is extremely jerky, especially from gears 1 to 3. It feels like in between gear changes, the gear goes on neutral for 1 or 2 seconds. On research, it seems its due to the gear box. Please all of you who have the 1.6 NA - if you want to drive it long term, change your transmission fluid more often. RDY tells me to change it every year if possible. Is that nuts or what? I first changed the transmission fluid after 2.5 years of driving, and it was totally black. I met other cruze owners @ RDY and they faced the same issue as well.

Also, be prepared to have air-con issues as well. It is common to have the air con coil leak after about 3 to 3.5 years. You will find the air con gas leaks through the coil is common. And it is not cheap to have it replaced. RDY quoted SGD$750 to change the coil, mainly because they tell me the coil in the cruze is right at the bottom of the engine chasis, so everything in the front has to be overhauled and removed before the coil can be changed.. a lot of work.

The drive is good. There is a flat spot around 80km/h. The low end and high end torque makes the drive enjoyable. Stable at high speed and no floating feel even during heavy downpour.

Will wait till 3rd year after warranty period to implement the Trifecta tune - stage 0 (+44 WHP +51 ft-lbs) which increase the car power in all gear and also makes the drive smoother. It will also improves the car fuel consumption.

Those air-con issues are not major issues since it happens on all car brands.

Plus: Really comfortable ride. Cheap to buy, feels conti. 130kmh in msia no sweat. Lots of features + ipod sync.

Minus: GB very sensitive to type of ATF. Better use right type (Dexron IV) and change regularly especially if u frequent start stop. Otherwise the ATF will degrade really fast & GB will die early. I learnt from hard and expensive way.

And u should know by now, the lack of power & therefore poor FC. (No matter how feather foot u try)

Anyway, Servicing go RDY, i cant think any other workshop that knows cruze better than them.

Just test drove the Cruze stationwagon 1.4 today on full load. With my mum, brother and wife at the back and the SE Beside me. With the car at full load, the drive is still pretty smooth and engaging. Drive is also insulated and quiet.

Still looking at other options such as the wish and shuttle and hope the COE continues to drop further ^^

Plus: Really comfortable ride. Cheap to buy, feels conti. 130kmh in msia no sweat. Lots of features + ipod sync.

Minus: GB very sensitive to type of ATF. Better use right type (Dexron IV) and change regularly especially if u frequent start stop. Otherwise the ATF will degrade really fast & GB will die early. I learnt from hard and expensive way.

And u should know by now, the lack of power & therefore poor FC. (No matter how feather foot u try)

Anyway, Servicing go RDY, i cant think any other workshop that knows cruze better than them.

no 180 no talk.

• Praise 1

Have been driving the 1.6 cruze for 4 years. Yes the gear change from 2-3 can feel a very obvious jerk almost every time no matter how soft or hard I press the accelerator. I agree that it is underpowered compared to other cars BUT it is not as bad as what others claim. The car is heavier than other cars in its league. The door is heavy and sturdy (which I like) due to reinforced bars placed in the doors for safety. And the car is very stable when travelling above 100km/h whereas other cars I have driven have this light and floatly feeling.

Anyway, talking abt RDY, have you had any bad experience with them? Went to them for my last servicing and a few days later, my coolant tank tube had broken and leaked. Examining the way the tube broke, realised that there is no way it would have broke "naturally" or due to strong vibrations unless it had been tempered with. Hmmm   

Have been driving the 1.6 cruze for 4 years. Yes the gear change from 2-3 can feel a very obvious jerk almost every time no matter how soft or hard I press the accelerator. I agree that it is underpowered compared to other cars BUT it is not as bad as what others claim. The car is heavier than other cars in its league. The door is heavy and sturdy (which I like) due to reinforced bars placed in the doors for safety. And the car is very stable when travelling above 100km/h whereas other cars I have driven have this light and floatly feeling.

Anyway, talking abt RDY, have you had any bad experience with them? Went to them for my last servicing and a few days later, my coolant tank tube had broken and leaked. Examining the way the tube broke, realised that there is no way it would have broke "naturally" or due to strong vibrations unless it had been tempered with. Hmmm   

Do you have a picture of the broken coolant tube? Probably it cracked and therefore causes leak due to extreme heat in Singapore over a long period of time? Lets give a benefit of doubt since this is consider a wear and tear components.

↡ Advertisement