Nissan GTR 3.8L

Aerosmith

Nod, while doing my research, I saw that some bros recommend doing every 5k km. Woah even lambo servicing is cheaper! While my ex-car was towed back previously past the lambo workshop, there must at least be 20 lambos in there :P

20k km, can save the dealers some work in 'adjusting' the odo next time haha

Rx-8 also every 5k service as well as some turbo charged cars....but the difference is Rx-8 can take mineral oil so every servicing at 5k interval is only $60-90....

↡ Advertisement

1. ok cant help you on modifications. my car has been stock since day 1. have never really bothered to look into modifications.

2. keith from mbm should be your man. met him a couple of times before .. all round nice guy.

3. i'll explain more about the gearbox and my experience with it below.

4. not sure - but when i first got my gtr, ntuc gave me the insurance and then backed out a week later claiming they didnt know what a gtr was. have been wary of them after. can try AXA.

5. so far, never been stopped. had an LTA officer pull up next to my car, he looked a little but didnt stop me. guess he saw car was bone stock.

haha thanks bro. your car diff class la bro! but gtr maintenance is probably higher than porsche :'(

i bought my car from tan chong instead of PI. wanted the warranty for peace of mind. turned out to be a blessing when the gearbox grenaded after a year. so under warranty - they air flew a gearbox over within 3 days and used a 2010 gearbox in my car. took them less than a week to get it up and running again. if i was driving a PI car or had modified my car, the entire exercise would have cost me approximately $30k (i saw the bill)

see above. lucky for me, my gearbox died when i reached home. although, struggled to come out of carpark as mine is underground. couldnt reverse either, so had to leave by the side till towing company came. (can only use flatbed)

hope this helps!

sad to say, sometimes even i myself wonder why some gtr owners so high and mighty (not the bros at the meetup, but those i've never seen at the owners club). i've pulled up next to a couple of them .. wave hi.. and they either ignore or wind up the window. oh well :D

thanks for your advice and many others as well.

still have some last doubts, the gearbox issue is it because of launch control with LC1. i heard after flashing it with LC2 or 3 or 4 or 5 using cobb, the issues should be gone. and you piang your gearbox after 1 year, is it because you have been launching everyday, tracking? better if you can let me know the mileage when you broke it.

i had a legacy gt gearbox piang because the torque was too high for it. so the WS installed high performance clutchpacks and now the gearbox is much much longer lasting. is this true for the GTR too. what i am really asking is when the gearbox breaks, is not necessary must change entire gearbox right? can it be like my incident where just need to open it up and change clutchpack?

also, for the parallel import 2008 version, is it true the menu is japanese and cannot be switched to english ever.

Turbocharged

still have some last doubts, the gearbox issue is it because of launch control with LC1. i heard after flashing it with LC2 or 3 or 4 or 5 using cobb, the issues should be gone. and you piang your gearbox after 1 year, is it because you have been launching everyday, tracking? better if you can let me know the mileage when you broke it.

i had a legacy gt gearbox piang because the torque was too high for it. so the WS installed high performance clutchpacks and now the gearbox is much much longer lasting. is this true for the GTR too. what i am really asking is when the gearbox breaks, is not necessary must change entire gearbox right? can it be like my incident where just need to open it up and change clutchpack?

also, for the parallel import 2008 version, is it true the menu is japanese and cannot be switched to english ever.

hi bro - i never launched the car once. was told by TC that if I launch my car that the warranty would be voided. Have never bothered to launch the car anyway. Car has never even been tracked once. On race mode and 1st gear ... its more than enough. The gearbox broke around 27-28k km.

Cant advise you on what happens during gearbox breakage. That's for the workshop to advise you tbh as I'm just a layman.

Yes thats what I heard. and yes there is no way to change the language (one of the reasons why I went for AD since everything in Engrish). Hell, the local model cant even have ipod connection >< So don't hope for too much haha ...

hi bro - i never launched the car once. was told by TC that if I launch my car that the warranty would be voided. Have never bothered to launch the car anyway. Car has never even been tracked once. On race mode and 1st gear ... its more than enough. The gearbox broke around 27-28k km.

Cant advise you on what happens during gearbox breakage. That's for the workshop to advise you tbh as I'm just a layman.

Yes thats what I heard. and yes there is no way to change the language (one of the reasons why I went for AD since everything in Engrish). Hell, the local model cant even have ipod connection >< So don't hope for too much haha ...

thanks for your help

[nosebleed][rolleyes]

Just curious how does the gearbox piang feel like? What are the symptons?

[nosebleed][rolleyes]

Just curious how does the gearbox piang feel like? What are the symptons?

if i am not wrong should be same as any other car. in my case, when i piang my gearbox, you rev higher, the car rpm will rise, but no acceleration, basically the feeling is like reving in neutral.

Maintenance costs is most likely more than typical evo/rex.

Can drink 95 petrol and consumption per tank or km per liter ?

95 may be possible, just expect the ecu to lower its boost, I'm not exactly sure. There's transmission strengthening kits (Dodson, HKS .etc) out there if you really need it...

• Praise 2

I think u need to summon the @spawn

And @bomoh haha

Jk

Not to pour cold water , but from the way you ask , you are not ready for a GTR .

Think if TS has another car and plan for the GTR as weekend car, i think it should be ok. Daily use then go into workshop more often? When inside workshop too long then no car to drive also inconvenient

Dear all..could someone pls advise maintenance cost for GTR R35 3.8

Servicing,, engine oil, transmission etc,....wat type to use and cost ? Others..brakes, pass, disc etc

Considering to get but want to know maintenance as I heard it costs ....

Gearbox prone to repairs ??...I dun track

Petrol consumption 98 95 ???

98 better.

Maintenance cost i heard is expensive. So must set aside some sum of money for repairs. Which fast cars doesnt go workshop often? Lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4