Nissan GTR 3.8L

Aerosmith

considering a gtr and not sure whether to use 95 or 98....

maybe you should reconsider your option.

i was told that gtr GB is made exclusive to that particular unit, and coded maybe?

with no chance of overhauling other than AD itself.

maybe bro spawn can shed some lights on this.

Yeaap

Not to be sour grapes.

But if u go into such details about maintenance pricing, u should perhaps consider evo or Subaru instead

You too kind

I would say get Latio n lup sticker

• Praise 1

Dear all..could someone pls advise maintenance cost for GTR R35 3.8

Servicing,, engine oil, transmission etc,....wat type to use and cost ? Others..brakes, pass, disc etc

Considering to get but want to know maintenance as I heard it costs ....

Gearbox prone to repairs ??...I dun track

Petrol consumption 98 95 ???

54852496.jpg

jokes aside, i've broken down my maintenance costs (again .. cos i believe i have posted these somewhere on MCF before lol)

road tax yearly: $3636

insurance yearly: $3300 (excess $7000)

average petrol pumped / annum : $4500 (based on roughly 11-12k km travelled per year)

2015:

ac pipe cracked - $500

basic servicing - $700

major servicing - pending in 2 to 3 weeks (should be around $3-4k .. but if brakes included, another 4k)

2014:

replaced all 4 tires @ $3000

basic servicing - $700

basic servicing w/ coolant change - $1200

2013:

replaced 4 tires @ $3200

battery died - replaced battery @ $176

major servicing @ $3600

2012:

2 front tires damaged, replaced @ $1800

replaced 2 rear tires @ $2030

1 rear tire damaged, replaced @ $1100

car broke down, towed @ $120 (can only use flatbed tow truck)

replaced all brake pads @ $4000

2011:

major servicing @ $4600

replaced all 4 tires @ $3300

2010:

basic servicing @ $900

replaced 2 tires @ $1700

prior to this, car was bought in 2009, so the first 2 or 3 basic servicings were free.

take note mine is a tan chong car, you can probably get the above work done at 20% cheaper, but i still prefer using tan chong. they always take care of my car and small issues (scratches / dents etc) they automatically repair. been extremely good service for me so far.

btw regarding the gearbox - mine grenaded within the first 3 years (cant remember when exactly, but was under warranty). car had never been tracked either. they replaced my 2009 GB with a 2010 GB and it's been smooth sailing since. most of the older cars are prone to gearbox issues, and i've heard some of the MFD (the screen) for some cars have started to yellow or stop functioning properly.

gearbox - mine took a total of 10 days to repair, but thats cos I bought from AD. have heard some bros waiting up to 3 months.

petrol - 98 only, v power also can ... lol. but nothing lower.

hope this helps!

Edited by Sp4wn
  • Praise 17

Yeaap

Not to be sour grapes.

But if u go into such details about maintenance pricing, u should perhaps consider evo or Subaru instead

at least never ask abt insurance premium [:p]

• Praise 1

54852496.jpg

jokes aside, i've broken down my maintenance costs (again .. cos i believe i have posted these somewhere on MCF before lol)

average petrol pumped / annum : $4500 (based on roughly 11-12k km travelled per year)

2015:

ac pipe cracked - $500

basic servicing - $700

major servicing - pending in 2 to 3 weeks (should be around $3-4k .. but if brakes included, another 4k)

2014:

basic servicing - $700

2013:

replaced 4 tires @ $3200

major servicing @ $3600

2012:

2011:

major servicing @ $4600

2010:

basic servicing @ $900

replaced 2 tires @ $1700

prior to this, car was bought in 2009, so the first 2 or 3 basic servicings were free.

take note mine is a tan chong car, you can probably get the above work done at 20% cheaper, but i still prefer using tan chong. they always take care of my car and small issues (scratches / dents etc) they automatically repair. been extremely good service for me so far.

btw regarding the gearbox - mine grenaded within the first 3 years (cant remember when exactly, but was under warranty). car had never been tracked either. they replaced my 2009 GB with a 2010 GB and it's been smooth sailing since. most of the older cars are prone to gearbox issues, and i've heard some of the MFD (the screen) for some cars have started to yellow or stop functioning properly.

gearbox - mine took a total of 10 days to repair, but thats cos I bought from AD. have heard some bros waiting up to 3 months.

hope this helps!

you had me at allo

:D

• Praise 1

2015:

ac pipe cracked - $500

basic servicing - $700

2014:

basic servicing - $700

2013:

replaced 4 tires @ $3200

major servicing @ $3600

2012:

2011:

major servicing @ $4600

2010:

basic servicing @ $900

replaced 2 tires @ $1700

hope this helps!

No wear and tear parts replaced other than tyres and brakes (and ac pipe)?

Sounds to me like if change to smaller size rims (for cheaper tyres), then cost may come down. Of course brake kit also downgrade and drive slowly/normal.

My pal once commented that his M5 was cheaper to maintain then his gtr, looking at spawns list I can understand why lol.

But a lot if the maintainence cost also boils down to the owners, if owners use back all the nissan reccomended tyres and keep to the reccomended maintainence that's the price to pay. I know another type of gtr owner who just go for cheaper tyres skimp on maintainence etc, personally I reckon this kind of car have to stick to the reccomended maintainence and parts otherwise it defeats the purpose of getting it.

• Praise 2

bro sp4wn, what may the bill be for the last servicing item.

GB!!!!! :darkmood:

not sure yet. all i know is that if my car wasnt under warranty - GB change would have been 30k.

when i do my next major servicing, i'll update this thread. if i have to do major servicing ... change tire and change brakes ... ho seh liao!

No wear and tear parts replaced other than tyres and brakes (and ac pipe)?

Sounds to me like if change to smaller size rims (for cheaper tyres), then cost may come down. Of course brake kit also downgrade and drive slowly/normal.

nope, so far nothing else has worn out. touch wood please.

will know more when this major service is due in a couple of weeks.

dont think its possible to downgrade the rims, have not heard of anyone ever doing it so far.

gtr needs special tires (there's some knurling, to prevent the tire from flying off during acceleration .. or at least thats what nissan says)

gtr needs special tires (there's some knurling, to prevent the tire from flying off during acceleration .. or at least thats what nissan says)

Thank you for the detailed breakdown. A real eye opener..... I can stop dreaming now.

2015:

ac pipe cracked - $500

basic servicing - $700

2014:

basic servicing - $700

2013:

replaced 4 tires @ $3200

major servicing @ $3600

2012:

2011:

major servicing @ $4600

2010:

basic servicing @ $900

replaced 2 tires @ $1700

hope this helps!

Yes you have. Somewhere in the labyrinth that is MCF. And that was the reason why I am driving a Lexus. Thank you. :meaw:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1