Volkswagen scandal

Caravan

lol, actually fact that buyers dont really care about emissions right? who the f**k cares about carbon emissions when buying a car?

You are right. On 1 car it doesn't make much of a difference but looking at thousands and thousands of cars.....good example will be Beijing. Even our ah loong says who need to smoke in Beijing? Just open the windows. Someone has to care or else many health issues will arise.

I'm actually amazed by the USA people who actually found out abt the cheating.

They actually drove a jetta and a BMW over long distances and not just rely on the lab testing numbers.

btw the BMW passed the emissions test LOL.

Actually most OBDII device can measure the CO2 emitted, just have to install a CO2 sensor. You do not really require any sophisticated lab devices.

↡ Advertisement

VW share price plunge ; I not interested la . I hope OMV plunge , at least can buy their car cheaper . [:p]

Anyway , what they just did , are a lot like our own behavior . We speed, see speed cam slow down , the after cam speed again . We do illegal mods , before inspection we change back to legal ones , then after inspection we put back illegal one again . So they are just like us , except that for them its about carbon emissions .

Like many here have pointed out , who gives a f**k about carbon emmissions , when we cant even settle the haze problem after so many decades .

• Praise 2

The way they handle the DSG issue is a telling sign, this just confirms it.

Vw just earned themselves a new name called Very Wai 歪.

Wondered will their most sustainable vehicle mfgr award b revoked..

No offence to vw fans n owner but this kinda poor ethical practices should b dealt w by applying strictest law n meting out stiffest penalties.

Really no csr.

• Praise 4

Actually no system is perfect. We just want to minimize the impact it can cause to human health.

Take for example the catalytic converter...that was invented back in 1975, 40years old sia. It takes 5mins or more for the CC to warm up to be fully effective in converting harmful gases from the exhaust to not so harmful gases. So in the 5mins it's spewing out harmful gases.

In most major cities where there are a lot of cars it will make an impact on air quality. It's like everyday is a haze day. Any govt will not want to spend more on health related illnesses becoz of air quality issue. Sad thing is ppl will only care when they are suffering or dying.

• Praise 5

That being said, i hope no other car mfgr get into such a mess. If it was a genuine defect warranting recall, I'll commend mfgr, but the intention to conceal issues from the authorities, public n consumer deserves no pardon.

Havent a good impression of them since the dsg issue era.

• Praise 1

VW cheated for the drivers.

They tweak the software for passing emission test, meaning most likely it has lesser power or use more fuel during test.

And then the owner got the best in performance and fuel efficiency during daily drive, except for spewing out more NOX which they probably don't care about.

If you own such a vehicle, would you go back to get your fix meaning a tune-down ?

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

Precisely I sold my tdi car. From mu to co2 emission, how much more vw wat to cut corners??? Dsg gb, engine piston failure, radiator failure, now exhaust failure... The list goes on and on...

It is not abt against vw diesel - it is just one of the ways vw is unreliable in! Even Suzuki does not trust vw tdi engines any longer, they turn to Renault for the Dci Diesel engine but vw got very furious and they are breaking their partnership by Suzuki buying bk it's shares from vw...

• Praise 5

VW cheated for the drivers.

They tweak the software for passing emission test, meaning most likely it has lesser power or use more fuel during test.

And then the owner got the best in performance and fuel efficiency during daily drive, except for spewing out more NOX which they probably don't care about.

If you own such a vehicle, would you go back to get your fix meaning a tune-down ?

Compensate cev rebate or replace w petrol variant. For former unsure if lta will retest or investigate like u.s.

Compensate cev rebate or replace w petrol variant. For former unsure if lta will retest or investigate like u.s.

You know how it goes. You won't get any cent back.

LTA will fine VW, money goes to them.

Then VW is forced to make a recall and tune-down all its diesel to pass emission.

Emission control is always about reducing power output.

That's why people remove emission control stuff illegally.

• Praise 2

You know how it goes. You won't get any cent back.

LTA will fine VW, money goes to them.

Then VW is forced to make a recall and tune-down all its diesel to pass emission.

Emission control is always about reducing power output.

That's why people remove emission control stuff illegally.

True, havent thot of that. Either way, I'm only for fair "compensation". Edited by Fuelsaver

Turbocharged

My bad, should b reinstate parf due to less rebate.

Depends on whether the CEVS is even affected, since CEVS only account for carbon dioxide and whether they emit crazy nitrogen oxide or not, TDIs have very low carbon emissions...

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

I'm actually amazed by the USA people who actually found out abt the cheating.

They actually drove a jetta and a BMW over long distances and not just rely on the lab testing numbers.

btw the BMW passed the emissions test LOL.

This market is worth many many more billions than middle easterners are willing to donate to Najib.

I can imagine that 'the people' who went out of their way to get the evidence, might easily have been handsomely sponsored by any or several of the VW rivals, esp the US car companies.

lol, actually fact that buyers dont really care about emissions right? who the f**k cares about carbon emissions when buying a car?

ya, most buyers don't care about emissions, really.

what is worrying is that if they can cheat on this and not get found out for so long, they could have cheated on something else too.

Vw just earned themselves a new name called Very Wai 歪.

Wondered will their most sustainable vehicle mfgr award b revoked..

No offence to vw fans n owner but this kinda poor ethical practices should b dealt w by applying strictest law n meting out stiffest penalties.

Really no csr.

yes, effectively, it's an integrity issue.

If you or your kid have asthma. You should care. If your parents have heart or lung disease you should care.

It's ironic that these emissions emitted by diesel engines harm humans the most (opposed to co2 which only cause global warming which is a vague concept to most) but some people say they don't care.

I agree it's not the most important thing to the ordinary consumer but the governments should take a harsh stance with strong punitive measures.

• Praise 4

If any of you have smelt the exhaust of de-cat vehicle or one whose cat has failed (malaysia a lot), you will know how bad it is. That's NOX for you.