Volkswagen scandal

Caravan

Then what ? To be acquired by SAIC ?

40% drop in share price in 2days.. the impact really so big anot? 5year low already

Maybe buy VW share now, hold for 2years.. can buy a free VW with the profit

It was EUR250 just mths ago!

Edited by Rayoflight
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Then what ? To be acquired by SAIC ?

haha... Tim and Co. at Apple are gleefully rubbing their hands and wondering if they could just buy VW group and spend some of that $200b they have parked outside the US. Locks well with their reported plans of an Apple car in 2019.

But whether AAPL or SAIC... neither can touch VW... because there is a law in Germany called the VW Law. If you haven't before... read about how Porsche tried to take over VW using options but ended up getting acquired themselves when they ran out of money and had to be bailed out by VW.

Edited by ins1dious
  • Praise 3

40% drop in share price in 2days.. the impact really so big anot? 5year low already

Maybe buy VW share now, hold for 2years.. can buy a free VW with the profit

It was EUR250 just mths ago!

Good idea. Don be surprised tomorrow Temasek swoop in and scoop up a bunch of shares to become the major shareholder.

• Praise 2

Good idea. Don be surprised tomorrow Temasek swoop in and scoop up a bunch of shares to become the major shareholder.

I think Abu Dhabi or Qatar sovereign fund has bought big big on VW a year ago... they're probably pissed off with their losses now

Edited by ins1dious

Admission that the cheating sw is available outside USA:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/23/business/international/volkswagen-diesel-car-scandal.html?referrer=

I will now be wary to linger behind any stationary vw with engine running ...

So when VW specced my car at 200hp, maybe they are secretly giving me 300hp? So exciting... Faster go dyno tomorrow to confirm. Thank you VW!

So when VW specced my car at 200hp, maybe they are secretly giving me 300hp? So exciting... Faster go dyno tomorrow to confirm. Thank you VW!

Lol

Maybe thats why gearbox piang hahaha cannot handle that much power. 300hp 500nm torque wah!

11 million Volkswagen vehicles around the world are affected by diesel-emission reading irregularities, the carmaker said. http://str.sg/ZBEJ

[shocked] [shocked]

Lucky all my friends purchased the petrol engine VW....not diesel type....should not affect their resales price.

Lucky all my friends purchased the petrol engine VW....not diesel type....should not affect their resales price.

No news on the petrol engine.... yet. :wacko: Get them to pray [:p]

• Praise 1

Now that's being dishonest isn't it? Not that it matters but the chart you used in your post claiming the drop was 30% was for 21st September intra-day movement alone.

Not really material to the discussion but hey whatever makes you happy ;)

I supposed you had missed my earlier statment on being corrected.

As a matter of fact, the VW stock value IS very much depend on the reputation of the coy itself, both in terms of $ and common sense. So this isn't a question of market price being immaterial to the discussion.

As whether or not I had been "dishonest" or not, it is NOT up to you to past judgement on my integrity in a forum.

It seems you didn't read about how VW deliberately came up with a device to cheat the test.

This isn't about underdeclaring having different standards.

Yap there is 2 points here... One is lab test vs real-world conditions...which has been a known issue for many cars in EU...

Two is that brands are known to program such that it direct all its power to enhance results in lab test criteria... which is also a understatement across the industries from car to cpu to smartphone benchmarks...

Didnt seem VW is any difference.. maybe they are just being too forthright now ironically...

Edited by danzo

"Exposed to sunlight, nitrogen oxides convert to ozone—making smog. How much depends on a bunch of variables, like sunlight exposure and what happens to the hydrocarbon emissions (the uncombusted fuel), plus the temperature and local winds.

However much extra crap came from the VWs, it won’t be good. Exposure to nitrogen oxide and ozone is linked to increased asthma attacks, respiratory illnesses, and in some cases premature death. Ozone also worsens existing cardiovascular and lung disease."

↡ Advertisement