New BMW 218i Coupe

Joewu

Neutral Newbie

Didn't know there were Alcantara options for seats..

Go for the M235 if such things are important. It is cheaper, as it includes 5 years free service and warranty compared to non-M models

Yea not options, but comes with M package. CO and I both prefer leather though. Haha.

I have not gone to MA to test the 235 so I don't know their package. But maybe it's time I drop by to take a look ;)

Regarding the part on raves about 228i, did those article compare 235? Why 228 and not 235?

I added the MSPORT package, Leather seats, M Adaptive suspension and Variable sports steering.

M adaptive suspension and Variable sports steering are 2 items that are a part of the dynamic handling package in the US that is highly rated as a must have by users on the 2addicts forums.

That resulted in a price about 12 k above the listed.

I didn't get the HK audio since i don't listen to music. At the most, i'd turn on the radio.

Pretty much my entire thought process was geared towards getting a car that was enjoyable to drive. Initially i was looking at a 520i but decided on this due to the huge amount of rave reviews online surrounding the 228i and its driver satisfaction aspect. as well as being known for a car that has the ability to both deliver both a comfortable ride while still being a strong performer with a firm sporty ride based on your preference (thanks to the adaptive m optional suspension)

Since its my first car, and i'm pretty inexperienced ( other than being an information and detail knowledge whore), i was advised by my bro not to get the parking stuff , as he felt it'd be best to pick up these skills the traditional way first.

And thanks for the advice on the tyres. i'd definitely consider that. My reason for wanting to wait a month was because i wanted to learn to differentiate the difference.

↡ Advertisement

Yea not options, but comes with M package. CO and I both prefer leather though. Haha.

I have not gone to MA to test the 235 so I don't know their package. But maybe it's time I drop by to take a look ;)

Regarding the part on raves about 228i, did those article compare 235? Why 228 and not 235?

Actually the article i linked in an earlier post does compare them. The 228i is closer to 50/50 weight balance, and is less front heavy, thus some people feel it has better handling, provided you get the optional items that give you the same suspension setup as the m235i. The m235i of course, has a more powerful engine, though both should be awesome for performance either-way.

Best bet is to test, and decide what you want.

Edited by sheepysheep

Actually the article i linked in an earlier post does compare them. The 228i is closer to 50/50 weight balance, and is less front heavy, thus some people feel it has better handling. The m235i of course, has a more powerful engine, though both should be awesome for performance either-way.

Best bet is to test, and decide what you want.

I was close to picking up the 220i earlier in the year. Was actually eyeing the 4 gran coupe but the performance of the 2 series was so good I had to consider. The 228i was not avail yet.

In the end the interior was the main factor I pass. I needed something great cos I am in the car for hours sometimes. So I chose the dark side. 😁

The SE did offer me the m sport trim for 4k. He say sell on costs only.

Sure your ride is gonna be a blast. First car? Stay safe ya. This car is quite a monster for a first timer...... Correction, I think for anybody......

😜

I was close to picking up the 220i earlier in the year. Was actually eyeing the 4 gran coupe but the performance of the 2 series was so good I had to consider. The 228i was not avail yet.

In the end the interior was the main factor I pass. I needed something great cos I am in the car for hours sometimes. So I chose the dark side. 😁

The SE did offer me the m sport trim for 4k. He say sell on costs only.

Sure your ride is gonna be a blast. First car? Stay safe ya. This car is quite a monster for a first timer...... Correction, I think for anybody......

😜

Did you attach pictures ? because i see two squares in your post so i guess they'd be pictures.

I did look at the 4 series as well, but decided on 2 series mainly because the reviewers praised the 4 series more for refinement and comfort and the 2 series for driving pleasure.

Funny how initial priorities for me where interior > driving pleasure but turned the other way around as i watched more review videos and those reviewers seem so excited when their driving a fun car. Definitely agree with you that the 3 and 4 series interior is much nicer though( and spacious) I also looked at the c200 and the interior looked great in pictures but just didn't appeal to me when i went to look at it in person. Lexus interiors (I looked at the NX200T fsport) are frigging awesome though!

Yup, first car , and of course, safety is always the #1 Priority as it should be!

Edited by sheepysheep

Neutral Newbie

One of the best review of the M235i on YouTube (turn subtitles on):

Very nice video of the 235! And to compare this with the M5 is a crazy idea. But I guess if one doesn't take it to track, the fun element of the car would never be realised.

Neutral Newbie

it all depends on your expectations but well....who need stronger car than 218i is in Singapore, when there is nowhere to set all those horses free.... right ;)..

• Praise 1

it all depends on your expectations but well....who need stronger car than 218i is in Singapore, when there is nowhere to set all those horses free.... right ;)..

If stronger car is not required, why do ppl still buy ///M cars?

1340789055517.gif

If stronger car is not required, why do ppl still buy ///M cars?

ppl who cannot depress the accelerator fully. i.e. ppl with short legs or older folks with weak leg (on many levels)

To compensate, they need higher BHP so depress pedal 10% enough liao.

I expect myself to buy a ///M in my later years when my leg gets weaker

Edited by Ngbernie
  • Praise 1

Wait till they decide to come up with the 2 series Gran Coupe. :a-confused:

I actually started looking at the 2 series a year ago but ended up with the 4 series after they introduced the Gran Coupe.

Congrats on the 228. You will love the HUD [laugh]

Yep,

Pretty much at the moment its :

F22 - 2 SERIES Coupe, Available in 4 flavors in Singapore (218i , 220i, 228i and M235i)

F23 - 2 SERIES Convertible , Available in 4 flavors in Singapore (218i , 220i, 228i and M235i)

F45 - 2 series active tourer and MPV (Grand Tourer?) These are based on a totally different platform and not to be confused with the first two. Believe only the active tourer is listed in singapore now by AD

Wait till they decide to come up with the 2 series Gran Coupe. :a-confused:

I actually started looking at the 2 series a year ago but ended up with the 4 series after they introduced the Gran Coupe.

Congrats on the 228. You will love the HUD [laugh]

2 series already very confusing. Add GC to 2 will caused a lot more confusing customer.

2 series already very confusing. Add GC to 2 will caused a lot more confusing customer.

Agree.

Just missing an X2, then change the badge, and the entire 2 series line can be hived off as another car manufacturer with a full range of vehicles

• Praise 1

BMW FTW !!!

1 to 8 series

X1 to X6 series

you want coupe, convertible, sedan, GT, GC, SUV, Coupe SUV, simi also have

BMW sell koyok sibei awesome ... simi model also have ... simi doors also have ...

Edited by Wt_know

BMW FTW !!!

1 to 8 series

X1 to X6 series

you want coupe, convertible, sedan, GT, GC, SUV, Coupe SUV, simi also have

BMW sell koyok sibei awesome ... simi model also have ... simi doors also have ...

Don't touch 8 series. It is THE HOLY GRILL of BMW. Nothing less than twin turbo V12 with 600hp & 1000nm torque.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

the question is when

nice Photoshop! Haha

Don't touch 8 series. It is THE HOLY GRILL of BMW. Nothing less than twin turbo V12 with 600hp & 1000nm torque.

Actually the 218i uses the same 1.5litre 3 cylinder engine as the i8 right? Hehe

↡ Advertisement