Carculator Pro App - Depreciation, Loan, Scrap and Rule 78

Detach8

I can screenshot but I'm a noob when it comes to upload pics and stuffs

Registration/COE Date: 20 Nov 2008

Purchase Date: 20 Nov 2008 too since I bought it first hand.

Depreciation Column

Depreciation $5500/year

Years Remaining 10.0years

Oh, then it is correct. It's showing the years remaining from the date of registration. :)

↡ Advertisement

Question for the Maths experts:

Is it more worth it (value wise) to early redeem a car loan in the early days or towards the end or in the middle for that matter? 

I'm trying to establish when is the ideal time (optimal) to early redeem a car loan.

This question of course is assuming you have enough funds to redeem the full loan and is not meant for the usual borrowers but rather for buyers who take up a loan just to satisfy AD requirements so as to get a discount on the car price. Thks in advance!!

• Praise 5

Question for the Maths experts:

Is it more worth it (value wise) to early redeem a car loan in the early days or towards the end or in the middle for that matter? 

I'm trying to establish when is the ideal time (optimal) to early redeem a car loan.

This question of course is assuming you have enough funds to redeem the full loan and is not meant for the usual borrowers but rather for buyers who take up a loan just to satisfy AD requirements so as to get a discount on the car price. Thks in advance!!

The earlier the better.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hey guys, just want to bump this thread. After 2 years, I recently just released a new version of this app which is now much improved and easier to use, plus it has updated rules to calculate the loan based on current government policies and interest rates.

I personally use my own app when car shopping. I start punching in the figures and save them to the list, so I can make comparisons easily, and not fret about having to remember "what was the depre of the last car I saw?". It's now also easy for me to just change the price and see the new depre reflected while "negotiating".

Link here:

https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/carculator-pro/id1035354237

Hope you love it an look forward to feedback. Do rate the app too!

I'll try to get an Android version out if I have time. The good news is that I switched to a platform that now supports building for iOS and Android so it is easier for me to build on both platforms.

Edited by Detach8
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4