2015 Nissan Serena S-Hybrid 2.0 MPV

Zavi

Thanks for the quick update bro, really appreciate it!!

Hi all,

So far in Malaysia there is a version with only one automatic sliding door. It maybe possible to install the module. The module and cabling and the front switch will have to be indented from Japan. And most importantly you need a very experienced installer. So far there is a installer in puchong KL that a lot of Singapore vellfire and alphard have done their modification on doors. He might be able to do it.

Cost: estimated everything in : 2 thousand SGD per door. Really not cheap.

Anyone maybe can get better option do share here pls. By the way it's a rough estimation from my installer, he himself say this job is beyond him. Haha...

↡ Advertisement

I did a search and realized this model is 3 years old. It first appears in 2012.

Does anyone has any idea if a new variant of this model will come out?

Given both Toyota triplets and Honda Stepwgn has evolved recently, would Serena follow suit? Afterall, these are the direct competitors in Japan.

Thanks for the quick update bro, really appreciate it!!

No Problem. I am also learning something new about the car everyday.

I did a search and realized this model is 3 years old. It first appears in 2012.

Given both Toyota triplets and Honda Stepwgn has evolved recently, would Serena follow suit? Afterall, these are the direct competitors in Japan.

Hi

The current model should be the facelift model launched late last year in 2014.

Turbocharged

Jialat...2012 model. No trustworthy safety rating. No rear airbags.

I look at the Elgrand safety test in the US (Nissan Elgrand is Nissan Quest in the US), I don't have high hopes if Serena is sent for safety rating.

Well explained in terms of the OMV aspect.

Before the CKD version, Malaysia also have the JDM version. Owners did comment on the difference in quality control.

This reminds me of my resistance of Biante. The OMV diff between Biante and Mazda 5 is $1K but the diff in their selling price is $15K. It was really hard to justify. Now that the Comfort and Star model are different by $4K OMV but are only priced $9k apart, it seems that Star model is value for money.

A bit disappointed that the warranty is just 3 yrs or 60k, whichever comes first. Yup this model of Serena is the facelifted version. Interior hardly any changes, Most changes are the exterior like the front body and grille and the rear tailights. But I think the FC has improved by leaps and bounds.

Edited by Wildaltum

(edited)

For the convenience of family members, personally feel that auto sliding doors are a requirement. However should the auto doors fail to work, is there a way to manually open/close it?

The effort and time of driving up to KL to get the auto doors installed is too much of a hassle for me, so not an option. Furthermore, will it void the warranty?

This reminds me of my resistance of Biante. The OMV diff between Biante and Mazda 5 is $1K but the diff in their selling price is $15K. It was really hard to justify. Now that the Comfort and Star model are different by $4K OMV but are only priced $9k apart, it seems that Star model is value for money.

Yes I agree. The low OMV of 18.5k was one reason I decided to strike Mazda Biante off the list. Based on selling price 137k and COE 60k, the profit margin for Mazda is 34k. That is 10k more profit vs the Mazda 5. The current model was introduced in May 2013, and it is rumoured that Biante is due for a facelift soon.

In contrast, the profit margin for Nissan Serena Comfort is 15.7k and for Serena Highway Star is 14k.

Taking into consideration the PARF value, the Biante acutally cost its owners a few thousand more even though both Biante and Highway Star selling price are around the same range.

Another main reason for considering Serena is the low loan quantum and number of years as the interest adds on to the final payable price of the car. It translates to savings of about 7k. This only applies to buyers who do not wish to pay high loan interest though. I read that Cartimes also offers low loan quantum of 1 year. However, the Cartimes sales that served me few weeks back did not offer it despite me asking directly. For this reason, I did not go back to Cartimes.

A bit disappointed that the warranty is just 3 yrs or 60k, whichever comes first. Yup this model of Serena is the facelifted version. Interior hardly any changes, Most changes are the exterior like the front body and grille and the rear tailights. But I think the FC has improved by leaps and bounds.

True. Hoping that Nissan will allow buyers/owners to top up for extended warranty. I will likely opt for it if extended warranty becomes available.

If I'm not wrong, Mazda cars price list comes with 3 years or 60k warranty and buyers have the option to top up 2k for additional 2 years warranty.

Edited by Zavi

For the convenience of family members, personally feel that auto sliding doors are a requirement. However should the auto doors fail to work, is there a way to manually open/close it?

The effort and time of driving up to KL to get the auto doors installed is too much of a hassle for me, so not an option. Furthermore, will it void the warranty?

Yes I agree. The low OMV of 18.5k was one reason I decided to strike Mazda Biante off the list. Based on selling price 137k and COE 60k, the profit margin for Mazda is 34k. That is 10k more profit vs the Mazda 5. The current model was introduced in May 2013, and it is rumoured that Biante is due for a facelift soon.

In contrast, the profit margin for Nissan Serena Comfort is 15.7k and for Serena Highway Star is 14k.

Taking into consideration the PARF value, the Biante acutally cost its owners a few thousand more even though both Biante and Highway Star selling price are around the same range.

Another main reason for considering Serena is the low loan quantum and number of years as the interest adds on to the final payable price of the car. It translates to savings of about 7k. This only applies to buyers who do not wish to pay high loan interest though. I read that Cartimes also offers low loan quantum of 1 year. However, the Cartimes sales that served me few weeks back did not offer it despite me asking directly. For this reason, I did not go back to Cartimes.

True. Hoping that Nissan will allow buyers/owners to top up for extended warranty. I will likely opt for it if extended warranty becomes available.

If I'm not wrong, Mazda cars price list comes with 3 years or 60k warranty and buyers have the option to top up 2k for additional 2 years warranty.

Hi,

For my current ride, there is a switch whereby you can switch off the automatic function to manually open and close the door. so that will ensure that the door can still be manually operated. should be the same for all Jap rides.

Not so worry about the extended warranty as this is not a full Hybrid system. with parts so readily available, should be ok to service my ride out of TC after three years. A lot of cost savings.

Already found many many 'poisons' ready to mod. haha...

Actually for the price that we are paying now for the car, the basic is to have automatic sliding doors. My current Toyota Noah was bought for only $73k...so i could do away with the auto doors because it was so cheap.

There is an off/on button for the auto doors ...i wonder what is that button with the horizontal white line next to the sliding door buttons is for. Can refer to the photo picture. But anyway if the door is faulty, you still can open and close it manually. My friend's Estima auto door is spoilt and he can still open and close manually.

Actually for the price that we are paying now for the car, the basic is to have automatic sliding doors. My current Toyota Noah was bought for only $73k...so i could do away with the auto doors because it was so cheap.

There is an off/on button for the auto doors ...i wonder what is that button with the horizontal white line next to the sliding door buttons is for. Can refer to the photo picture. But anyway if the door is faulty, you still can open and close it manually. My friend's Estima auto door is spoilt and he can still open and close manually.

There are 2 buttons right and left of the sliding door. The one you see on the Left is the lane departure warning system switch. The other one will be the ECO button switch, ECO mode, when activated, will prioritise fuel-saving and when Idle Stop is on, the engine will be shut off whenever waiting at a junction.

post-98810-0-13497000-1444016841_thumb.jpg

Hi,

For my current ride, there is a switch whereby you can switch off the automatic function to manually open and close the door. so that will ensure that the door can still be manually operated. should be the same for all Jap rides.

Not so worry about the extended warranty as this is not a full Hybrid system. with parts so readily available, should be ok to service my ride out of TC after three years. A lot of cost savings.

Already found many many 'poisons' ready to mod. haha...

Important that the doors can still be manually open/close if the auto sliding mechanism fails. True, likely to service outside once the warranty coverage is over. What mods are you doing? I haven't bother to mod any of my rides before, not a very trendy owner.

The lane departure warning system will be good for some drivers who are constantly drifting into neighbouring lanes. It irks me to be driving behind or next lane to such drivers.

The current Serena (model code C26) was first launched in Japan in Nov 2010top.jpg

Facelift model was introduced in Dec 2013 to be precised.

photo_07.jpg

Based on the previous model (C23 - C25), typical cycle change is ~5 years, so high chance of a model coming out by next year.

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 3

Among the 4 brands which offer the "van-like" MPV, Mazda Biante is the oldest, while Honda Stepwgn is the newest.

First Launch Date (in Japan)

Mazda Biante Jul 2008

Nissan Serena Nov 2010

Toyota Noah Jan 2014

Toyota Voxy Jan 2014

Toyota Esquire Oct 2014

Honda Stepwgn Apr 2015

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Among the 4 brands which offer the "van-like" MPV, Mazda Biante is the oldest, while Honda Stepwgn is the newest.

First Launch Date (in Japan)

Mazda Biante Jul 2008

Nissan Serena Nov 2010

Toyota Noah Jan 2014

Toyota Voxy Jan 2014

Toyota Esquire Oct 2014

Honda Stepwgn Apr 2015

So if Nissan and Mazda update their respective rides, hopefully can see them add rear airbags and a rating on the crash tests.

Important that the doors can still be manually open/close if the auto sliding mechanism fails. True, likely to service outside once the warranty coverage is over. What mods are you doing? I haven't bother to mod any of my rides before, not a very trendy owner.

The lane departure warning system will be good for some drivers who are constantly drifting into neighbouring lanes. It irks me to be driving behind or next lane to such drivers.

Hi,

Haven't bother then better don't start. Maybe after I have collected my car and done up some I will show you. I am not doing anything that will void my three years warranty. Haha...

Yes that's the advantage of having TC getting the car for you. It's full specs JDM. I know some PI Models do have specs that are on the brochure but not in the car.

Hi,

Haven't bother then better don't start. Maybe after I have collected my car and done up some I will show you. I am not doing anything that will void my three years warranty. Haha...

Yes that's the advantage of having TC getting the car for you. It's full specs JDM. I know some PI Models do have specs that are on the brochure but not in the car.

Indeed the offerings by PI are confusing. Was looking at the Toyota triplets and Sienta. Each PI tells me different specs. Some take out the Japanese brochure and tell me it covers this and that features but I'm wary of over promise and under delivery unless they write everything in black and white.

Now that I am convinced that auto-door is a must-have, the alternatives open up. The prices of Highway Star, Noah & StepWGN are really similar. Really hard to choose. The good thing about Highway Star are Tan Chong brand, configurable seats, cruise control. The good thing about Noah are Toyota's reliability, easier to fold-up third row, and possible addition of curtain airbags. The good thing about StepWGN are easier to fold-down 3rd row, waku waku door and road tax.

So, abstracting away all the technicalities, I will choose:

1. Serena if seat configuration and PI are the top priority

2. Noah if reliability is the top priority

3. StepWGN if running cost is the top priority.

I believe many bro here are also deciding between these models. How will you choose?

• Praise 1

Now that I am convinced that auto-door is a must-have, the alternatives open up. The prices of Highway Star, Noah & StepWGN are really similar. Really hard to choose. The good thing about Highway Star are Tan Chong brand, configurable seats, cruise control. The good thing about Noah are Toyota's reliability, easier to fold-up third row, and possible addition of curtain airbags. The good thing about StepWGN are easier to fold-down 3rd row, waku waku door and road tax.

So, abstracting away all the technicalities, I will choose:

1. Serena if seat configuration and PI are the top priority

2. Noah if reliability is the top priority

3. StepWGN if running cost is the top priority.

I believe many bro here are also deciding between these models. How will you choose?

its a tough choice......for me, I am sway towards 1&2 as I feel the StepWGN look is too much for me and I am still skeptical of the long term reliability of 1.5T.

what's your own or family choice?

↡ Advertisement