• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic | 230 praises

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:14 PM

Orbit78
  • Premium member
    Orbit78
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

Has anyone experience using some kerosene in washing or waxing (water wax) the car?

Does it really damage the plastics as well?

Regards

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:24 PM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

Has anyone experience using some kerosene in washing or waxing (water wax) the car?

Regards

Never heard of it.  If you re going to try, better not be smoking at the same time!

FourZero and Volvobrick praised this

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:26 PM

Lowrider
  • Lowrider
    4th Gear
    Author Image

it's relatively safe if you mix it with water...

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:27 PM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi all,

Regards

Xiao Lang spotted....
Staff69 and Ct3833 praised this
I'm always learning how to drive...

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Just buy car wash shampoo with shine will do. Use kerosene can save how much?
Staff69 and FourZero praised this
Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:16 PM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,

Regards

I believe Kerosene can corrode the paint and clear coat.

Any reason why you want to try?

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

StefanK
  • Premium member
    StefanK
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hi all,

Regards

913.gif

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:43 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just buy car wash shampoo with shine will do. Use kerosene can save how much?

will have funny smell?

Me Newcastle fan

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

can ah, good idea. pls do it. 

Garage36.com

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:10 PM

Orbit78
  • Premium member
    Orbit78
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Sorry for the late reply.

Was asking as i recently heard that kerosene was added to the quick wax used at the car wash at petrol station. I did not confront if it is true and wanna find out more if kerosene can be use first.

saw from some foreign forum that is is fine but may not protect much and some say it is good at maintaining the shine of the car and prevent rust at joints but seem that only the old folks is more positive about this.

my other concern is that will it damage our plastics since the newer cars has tons of the plastics on the exterior.

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:26 PM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bought this product. Used it only twice. Strong smell....could it be kerosene?

The directions say mix with water to wash the car and then just dry to get the gloss.

1432542392-107295411-o.jpg

nazerath and Jamesc praised this

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:00 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Heard of this. But if commercial car wash uses this, only save due to eco of scale. As individual car owner, wash n wax seems safer.
nazerath, Spring, Toothiewabbit and Jamesc praised this
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:12 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi all,

Regards

Nope, I just use regular car wax.

nazerath and 2 Anonymous members praised this
focus

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:49 PM

Mits_jc
  • Premium member
    Mits_jc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Soft 99 clean and wax (silver metal tin not the blue one) should have some components of kerosene. You can smell it as u r using it.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:00 AM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Put sperm even better.
nazerath, Byteslurve, Spring, Jamesc, Angcheek, Sunny, 2BDriver and 5 other members praised this
"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:58 AM

Leinad8919
  • Leinad8919
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Put sperm even better.

.......and make sure no one throw eggs on the car 😏
Dtitan, Staff69, FourZero and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Bought this product. Used it only twice. Strong smell....could it be kerosene?

The directions say mix with water to wash the car and then just dry to get the gloss.

1432542392-107295411-o.jpg

Yes this smell of kerosene. I guess it should contain. You gotta premix with water..

Sorry for the late reply.

Was asking as i recently heard that kerosene was added to the quick wax used at the car wash at petrol station. I did not confront if it is true and wanna find out more if kerosene can be use first.

saw from some foreign forum that is is fine but may not protect much and some say it is good at maintaining the shine of the car and prevent rust at joints but seem that only the old folks is more positive about this.

my other concern is that will it damage our plastics since the newer cars has tons of the plastics on the exterior.

Not surprise..kerosene add a bit of bling to the paint but it will just dewax whatever wax on the surface..

Camrysfa and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Website for Duragloss and Optimum Car Care Products
https://www.optivax.com.sg

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:48 PM

Zhngmycar
  • Premium member
    Zhngmycar
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

wooah very god idea leh... can basically remove every stain on the car.. even the paint can remove if soak abit longer.. good choice................... [hur]

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:28 PM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Wah can get high while washing car.. Den stripe naked and dance ontop car hoe sey boh?
Camrysfa and Sunny praised this

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i believe after put kerosene to wash car...and light up immediately..sure very kilat shine

[laugh]

p.s. I don't hold any responsibility for any adverse outcome hor

2BDriver, Staff69, FourZero, Tigershark1976, Mercs, Spring, Byteslurve, 1 other member and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax

Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by shrjun  |  3rd Gear

Temporary wax

I have used this on the days I don't feel like buffing paste wax.Easy to apply and remove as its a "wipe on wipe off " wax.Gives good shine ( I have a decently maintained and cleaned 3 year old car ).But doesn't last very long..A heavy rain... » Read More

Artdeshine Artdekotsos Obsidian Wax 200g

Artdeshine Artdekotsos Obsidian Wax 200g  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by MiniEvoIX  |  Neutral Newbie

Product has brought out the shine a long time

Been attending my regular polishing sessions. I already heard of Artdeshine and known their products. So randomly, I saw my favourite wax on display on SGCM. I has used this wax since 2010. And I did a search and found out is Taiwan No.1 wax... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Car Wax

Quick Reply

Tags: kerosene, washing, waxing and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users