Where to stay and go in Los Angeles

Bluepica

Hey all,

I will be transiting in LA back to SG next month and have 2 nights, one full day in LA. I heard that LA downtown is not very safe at all. Where should I stay ? Any hotel recommendation?

I also dunno what to do there besides going to take selfie with that in famous Hollywood sign... lol

Is driving there ok (besides being drive on the right)

Thanks!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hey all,

I will be transiting in LA back to SG next month and have 2 nights, one full day in LA. I heard that LA downtown is not very safe at all. Where should I stay ? Any hotel recommendation?

I also dunno what to do there besides going to take selfie with that in famous Hollywood sign... lol

Thanks!!

I thk for 1 day no point to drive altho LA is not a compact city like SF or Manhattan. jus stick to their metro and buses. who knows u may bump into some friendly gal on the bus? haha

being alone, mayb u can go santa monica in the morning. I thk now is whale watching season?? afternoon then come back city and go walk Beverly hills, the walk of fame, lakers stadium, all the typical day trip stuff etc

alternatively u can do universal studios, tat wil take a full day. much more fun than sg.

yes avoid downtown. very dark area.

• Praise 1

Hey all,

Thanks!!

Anaheim, Disneyland?

But this definitely takes a full day possibly even more and being alone may not be that fun but it's the original Disneyland!

• Praise 7

Bus and metro is easy around LAX to Santa Monica and Hollywood area?

I have a travel buddy with me, and yeah , thought of going to Anaheim Disneyland, though I haven't been to the one in HK and Tokyo.

But if I go Disneyland, then will not have time for Hollywood :(

Disneyland is 45mins south of LAX Hollywood is about 30 mins north of LAX, 2 different directions...

• Praise 1

Stay in West LA near the sea. Rent a car and drive about in Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey, Westwood, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Malibu etc. Enough for you to there over 2 days.

Can walk Santa Monica pier, visit Muscle Beach, Venice Beach. Eat western dinner by the Marina under heaters in the cool night.

Go Disneyland is whole day and night affair. You won't leave the place before 10pm with the parade and all. Doubt you have time to do so.

Never never walk around at night, and avoid downtown LA at all costs. Absolutely not safe. OTOH, West LA has plenty of nightlife and is safe if you keep to the lit and crowded areas.

• Praise 4

Bus and metro is easy around LAX to Santa Monica and Hollywood area?

I have a travel buddy with me, and yeah , thought of going to Anaheim Disneyland, though I haven't been to the one in HK and Tokyo.

But if I go Disneyland, then will not have time for Hollywood :(

Disneyland is 45mins south of LAX Hollywood is about 30 mins north of LAX, 2 different directions...

bus and metro is easy enough. :)

most importantly, male or female?? cos recommendations may change hahah :pp

• Praise 2

stay I would suggest Hyatt Regency Century Plaza. Its not too far from the airport and walking distance to bev hills area.

you get to take photos of those famous signs ard Rodeo Drive etc.

Drive down further you might be able to spot some Hollywood stars staying in Bevely hills.

Santa monica is nice too and most importantly enjoy the breakfast and steak.

Downtown LA is out of the way so unless u purposely drive there u wont really get lost there.

if you are going closer to the Christmas shopping season try not to drive to Rodeo area at night, the jam is madness.

Have fun !!!