Bad car dealers? Hire some debt collectors!

flashbang

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/debt-collectors-called-in-after-car-deal-turns-sour

Mr Yee, 36, bought a Chevrolet Optra from Gold Automobiles in February, but it broke down a few weeks later after suffering problems such as faulty air-conditioning and a defective car key.

Mr Yee said he bought it so he could drive his 60-year-old mother between their Ang Mo Kio flat and his aunt's Jurong home, as his mother is caring for his newborn cousin.

He had the car towed back to Gold for repairs.

"I haven't seen it since," he said. "To my horror, I realised two months later that the car ownership had not been transferred to me."

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i think the upfront fee is low......usually the contingent fee is much higher.

looks like the car dealer is composed enough to deal with it and go scott-free

i wonder how much Mr Yee spent to hire the debt collectors

bro, not just him.  many cases already shared by MCF members who posted here. just too many bad hats in this industry and yet no legislation to rein them in.  would it take another blow up by in the likes of sim lim mobile case before such errant car dealers are taken to task? 

how come he didn't sense something was wrong when he didn't receive LTA letter that car is transferred to him......two weeks later?

• Praise 3

PI dealers and Used car dealers are CROOKS ... not all ... but 9/10 ...

will you be the 1/10 meeting the ANGEL?

please open eyes and ears big big before dealing with dealer

best is bring along a LAWYER and DEBT COLLECTOR before signing ... muahahahahaha

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

PI dealers and Used car dealers are CROOKS ... not all ... but 9/10 ...

will you be the 1/10 meeting the ANGEL?

please open eyes and ears big big before dealing with dealer

best is bring along a LAWYER and DEBT COLLECTOR before signing ... muahahahahaha

Debtor collector vs used car dealers? 黑吃黑啦

• Praise 2

i think both go ktv TCSS and hug meimei and laughing at the owner  :a-fun:  tonight expenses are fully paid for

Debtor collector vs used car dealers? 黑吃黑啦

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

I just bought a used car from a reputable dealer. Honestly, not all are bad eggs. Before purchasing, make sure we know what we can do. Write down everything in black and white. I made the salesperson sign my agreement and chop his company stamp before I hand over my money to them. End result, car transferred within 1 working day. In fact, half working day.

how come he didn't sense something was wrong when he didn't receive LTA letter that car is transferred to him......two weeks later?

Most pple doesn't know that LTA will send them letter lah...  

• Praise 1

so far the car dealers I've dealt with are ok.

one even helped me do number retention and even informed the insurer!

just have to be smart about it.

if the dealer talk too much cock, walk away... something don't feel right, walk away... wanna add agreement fee, walk away...

it can be as simple as that.

interesting solution.

since there are so many MIA dealers, this could be the way forward for victims.

Only useful if the dealer is still there... some close shop and disappear.

technically can.  but practically unseen in this industry.

if you insist, most likely the car dealer will not sell to you or insist you bear the cost of the escrow agent.  last time one bloody car dealer deducted the admin charge of the cashier's order from my proceeds.  because he insist I was the odd one who asked for cashier's order while the rest of the industry can accept cheque payment.

can use escrow service if buying fm used car stealer, I mean dealer?

payment released only upon transfer of name.

technically can.  but practically unseen in this industry.

if you insist, most likely the car dealer will not sell to you or insist you bear the cost of the escrow agent.  last time one bloody car dealer deducted the admin charge of the cashier's order from my proceeds.  because he insist I was the odd one who asked for cashier's order while the rest of the industry can accept cheque payment.

something for the authorities to think about, if they want to reduce the number of scams. They can even make money by setting up the escrow service (guaranteed by LTA).

for sure the buyer will hv to bear the escrow charges, as it is mainly set up to protect the buyer if they don't want to go directly to LTA office. A small price to pay for peace of mind?  

LOL I'm not surprised.

I'd rather not sell car to dealer anyway... it's akin to giving them additional bullets to scam non-suspecting buyers.

• Praise 1