Amendments to Women’s Charter Bill

Jman888

no.  the show was some conversation show about family issues.  Something like in conversation.

oh I mean TV drama serial.

I think if it was like talking point kind of program where people call in, it will be too much people calling to swear at the WC

↡ Advertisement

By introducing more regulations to marriage, it simply deters more ppl from getting married in the first place.

Any learned individual who bothers to read the Act and compare it to any Sales and Purchase / Joint Venture agreement, will never agree to the terms.

It is so one sided with few viable exit clauses.

I am all for the protection of the innocent children, but at least be fair and reasonable with Divorce when things do not work out. Most divorces are initiated by women. The Act favours women. So why would any guy agree to this?

A union without the cert is by far the most rational choice. I hope the govt realises that the wording of the Act is the direct cause of divorces and low birth rates.

Union without cert with no intentions to have kids is ok, if wanna have kids, wont work well for now

Maybe when single mums are given the same benefits as married women, this may work

like many here,women's charter means nothing to me cos we have no girl. [laugh]

Dont mean anything now coz no girl now, next time different liao [:p]

• Praise 5

These propose changes like nothing much for the men. Only when the man is incapacitated then there's possible maintenance. And they mean physically or mentally incapable of work, not just being jobless.

• Praise 3

To prevent woman from nagging & demanding too much from her man ... [sly]

:grin:

I was thinking more like you do 初一, I'll do 十五

• Praise 3

Gentleman please have your say now.

Time for the Change ...

even though it may be a small step, but its in the correct direction...

• Praise 3

No matter how it is amended / revised, the bill is still lopsided. Traditionally the bill is used to protect women whom had just started to gain social status... but as society progresses the bill should be changed to Children's Charter...  [thumbsup]

Women are already recognized in society not just as mothers but politicians, CEOs, CFOs etc... So what makes them hold on to the Women's Charter? Simple, their inferiority...

Why should men be afraid of the Charter? Simple, because we are the only PAP (Pay and Pay)... We must always remember EQUALITY is not the same as FAIR...

To achieve EQUALITY for Women, they have to be UNFAIR to Men  :slow:  :grin:. So, it's KEEP IT OR LOSS THE EQUALITY  :ph34r:  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

that why now they have this 

b. Allow maintenance for incapacitated men who cannot work;   [sweatdrop] 

It should be this:

b. Allow maintenance for men from their spouse.

By introducing more regulations to marriage, it simply deters more ppl from getting married in the first place.

Any learned individual who bothers to read the Act and compare it to any Sales and Purchase / Joint Venture agreement, will never agree to the terms.

It is so one sided with few viable exit clauses.

I am all for the protection of the innocent children, but at least be fair and reasonable with Divorce when things do not work out. Most divorces are initiated by women. The Act favours women. So why would any guy agree to this?

A union without the cert is by far the most rational choice. I hope the govt realises that the wording of the Act is the direct cause of divorces and low birth rates. 

I don't think a lot of people bother to read the WC.. Until it comes and bites them in the ass (mostly the men).

I too am for the protection of the children, but any charter should not favour the man or woman, but rather, be based on the circumstances (eg: income disparity of the spouses, whether either spouse stopped working to take care of their kids, assets before marriage should be returned to their respective owners.)

I wouldn't say that the WC is the direct cause of divorce, but it's certainly making me think about marriage quite a lot more and weigh the outcomes more.

• Praise 3

These propose changes like nothing much for the men. Only when the man is incapacitated then there's possible maintenance. And they mean physically or mentally incapable of work, not just being jobless.

at that stage if incapacitated means need lots of money for medical and whatever... I think for high level income will also find it straining...

Long time ago.. one spouse(usually wife) will give up a career to bring up the children. 

Hence upon a divorce, the wife gets alimony and the children go with the wife due to the needs of the young kid.  

Now... so many challenges to improve standard of living.. duo income families are the norm...

please phase out such outdated and generic laws. 

agree, if the wife is proven to be earning higher income then the man, there should be no alimony for the wife.