Volvo S90 / V90

Carbon82

It's a good looking car but it's not distinctively a Volvo any more. The rear especially no longer has the pronounced "shoulders" which have always been a Volvo trademark.

then i rather buy the bmw hahah

no offence, but this car isn't designed for someone who would rather buy a BMW.

i would rather buy a BMW too.

Waterfall grille is so retro.

The rear somehow reminds me of opel vectra.

The lines of the rear are also as busy as the current S80. No more clean sleek Scandinavian simplicity.

no offence, but this car isn't designed for someone who would rather buy a BMW.

i would rather buy a BMW too.

no worries.. basically with that kind of price point i would rather go for bmw because.

1. Volvo resale is bad

2. driving dynamic not as good as BMW unless the S/V90 is different

3. status level is perceived to be lower in Singapore context

However, i do believe Volvo is a very safe car as i owned one before.. hard and sturdy and good quality.

unfortunately there must be a price advantage in order for me to look beyond the 3 points stated above.

no worries.. basically with that kind of price point i would rather go for bmw because.

1. Volvo resale is bad

2. driving dynamic not as good as BMW unless the S/V90 is different

3. status level is perceived to be lower in Singapore context

However, i do believe Volvo is a very safe car as i owned one before.. hard and sturdy and good quality.

unfortunately there must be a price advantage in order for me to look beyond the 3 points stated above.

Point 3 is probably due to volvo not having a high end model to rival the likes of A8/7series/s-class

Point 3 is probably due to volvo not having a high end model to rival the likes of A8/7series/s-class

In the late 1990s, Volvo toyed with the idea of coming up with a S100. It was never pursued.

I think it's because Volvo is never meant to be a brand for social status. If you look at the Scandinavian society, it reflects egalitarianism. Everyone is respected regardless of occupation, and the income gap is really narrow. They don't create luxury, they create a functionality that is what you need rather than what you want.

It would be good for Singapore if we move in that direction.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5