Volvo S90 / V90

Carbon82

Interior looks great. Must wait for actual to see see. Touch touch.

Lets see whats specs. Variants to compete against the bmw 5 series..though i say e class should be their target.... more on comfort

↡ Advertisement

In the late 1990s, Volvo toyed with the idea of coming up with a S100. It was never pursued.

I think it's because Volvo is never meant to be a brand for social status. If you look at the Scandinavian society, it reflects egalitarianism. Everyone is respected regardless of occupation, and the income gap is really narrow. They don't create luxury, they create a functionality that is what you need rather than what you want.

It would be good for Singapore if we move in that direction.

It's slowly changing with the XC90 in their lineup.

Point 3 is probably due to volvo not having a high end model to rival the likes of A8/7series/s-class

well even all 3 points must be addressed before it can compete. address just one no use..

In the late 1990s, Volvo toyed with the idea of coming up with a S100. It was never pursued.

I think it's because Volvo is never meant to be a brand for social status. If you look at the Scandinavian society, it reflects egalitarianism. Everyone is respected regardless of occupation, and the income gap is really narrow. They don't create luxury, they create a functionality that is what you need rather than what you want.

It would be good for Singapore if we move in that direction.

it will be good but it will never or not in our generation. typical Chinese or Asian culture..face value how can thousand of years of history be changed.

well even all 3 points must be addressed before it can compete. address just one no use..

it will be good but it will never or not in our generation. typical Chinese or Asian culture..face value how can thousand of years of history be changed.

Yap, difficult.

At best it is 老五。

On top you got 3 big bros from Germany and fourth bro from Ingerland.......

Yap, difficult.

At best it is 老五。

On top you got 3 big bros from Germany and fourth bro from Ingerland.......

Edited by Lchong

Can. Look at Lexus.

indeed, it takes a very mature society to be able to do this. sweden is a place where a bus driver earns a salary of no significance from a university professor, and the two would probably be able to engage in a meaningful conversation too.

Can. Look at Lexus.

lexus (which originally stood for Luxury EXport to the US) was a really bold experiment. the japanese themselves are already more egalitarian compared to the chinese, but here they were trying to tell the US market not to be bothered by brand. they did it by targeting mercedes converts - those people, who already have had a mercedes to prove themselves, don't need another one to show that they made it. from there, the wall gets chipped bit by bit...

today, many people find it respectable. it shows they have succeeded somewhat. but there are still many people who will go "eeyer, got that kind of money why buy japanese?"

Can. Look at Lexus.

lexus took how many years to achieve its status....

look at infiniti ...

btw I am referring to Singapore context.

btw I used to owned a RX and even the chief tester told me don't compare lexus with merc or bmw.. it is still a jap can. you can image within its company they also have this belief...

Turbocharged

I think the biggest problem with the rear design is how the tail lights extend into the trunk lid. But honestly I agree with sentiments about how the lack of "volvo shoulders" makes it feel a lot less memorable.

The estate looks way, way better than the saloon... but I still dislike how the tail-lights zag horizontally in to the hatch.

↡ Advertisement