Volvo S90 / V90

Carbon82

Seems good price comparatively.

Hope its launch early before the new w213 (E class) which possibly ?260K

then can see more S90 on the road!

This S90 will only be launched here in September this year, while E class will be on 28-july. Price $188k without COE. Given this is a new untested model, response will be undoubtedly much below that of the esteemed XC90.

↡ Advertisement

This S90 will only be launched here in September this year, while E class will be on 28-july. Price $188k without COE. Given this is a new untested model, response will be undoubtedly much below that of the esteemed XC90.

188k for the e200?

I personally like the looks of the new S90 from all angles except the rear view. Somehow, I find the design of the rear lights a bit off and will take a lot of getting use to...

As for the comparison between Volvo to BMW/Audi/Merc etc, I used to come from the camp with the opinion that Volvo is of a lower league primarily because the drive was not as engaging as the other German makes. However, my impression changed recently after I took the T5 and T6 for a drive. I was surprised as to how the car took off very responsively and this was on a 2-tonne vehicle fitted with a 4 cylinder 2l engine! With the drive mode set at Dynamic, it was even more engaging to drive - comparable with my IL6 dare I say [thumbsup] but of course not as smooth. I am sure the handling will be better with the similar T6 setup on a S90 which is lighter and lower compared to the XC90. Interior finishing, Volvo has further upped the game with the fine luxurious touch in the Inscription and R-design models; understand S90 will be modeled very similarly to the XC90. I find that the standard equipment provided by Volvo is useful for my everyday driving - safety features such as ACC, road signage readings, etc - compared to other offerings as "standard" by certain other German makes like "high beam assist" which I have yet to "enjoy" this function in Singapore as most roads here are very well lit [laugh] .

As such, my personal view of Volvo has now shifted and I personally view Volvo as comparable with a few of the supposed more up market German makes like BMW/Merc/Audi.

• Praise 2

Not to belittle Volvo, but their direct competitors would be Audi, Jaguar and Lexus. Mercedes and BMW are more in a different league imo.

I rem when i was a small boy. The towkays only own mercedes and volvos.

How volvo have fallen unfortunately.

Power of marketing and focus makes bmw becomes mercedes best rival

• Praise 1

Yes the S90 is beautiful front and back, its impressive look and presence is reinforced by its wide and long body, but the car height is a bit low nevertheless.

AD now priced the S90 T6 lower at $180k, COE excluded, to be launched next month in response to Mercedes E200 $244k launch price. T5 which will arrive early next year at some $30k cheaper should appeal to more buyers.

I rem when i was a small boy. The towkays only own mercedes and volvos.

How volvo have fallen unfortunately.

Power of marketing and focus makes bmw becomes mercedes best rival

Back in the70's, the big 3 are Mercerdes, Jaguar & Volvo. There are no Audi & Lexus then. Towkay buyer purchasing consideration were mainly brand heritage and product lineup. Merc has both heritage and decent lineup (200E & 280S), Jaguar has it flagship XJ, and Volvo has a tough large size (then) 244 series.

There are no CEVS, and generally buyer were not too concern with FC, power to weight ratio, safety features, etc. ...

• Praise 7

Yes the S90 is beautiful front and back, its impressive look and presence is reinforced by its wide and long body, but the car height is a bit low nevertheless.

AD now priced the S90 T6 lower at $180k, COE excluded, to be launched next month in response to Mercedes E200 $244k launch price. T5 which will arrive early next year at some $30k cheaper should appeal to more buyers.

I missed the COE excluded. Else 180k for T6 is a steal.

:XD:  :XD:  :XD:

Wowo 10-yr model cycle sibei loooooooooooog. The current S80 came out in 2007.

Early buyers of the S90 in 2017 can still advertise it as 'current model' when it comes to scrap in 2027....

• Praise 2

I owned 3 volvos S n 1 bmw 5, amongst other makes. When the T5 n T6 engines came out, I thought volvo has a winner. And it didn't disappoint.

Saw the new S90 in sg. Very beautiful. Sits very low n just give you that it wants to race forward kind of feeling. Love the interior wood panels, claasy n not towkay feel. I hope they just bring in the T5 engine. Would be at a good price vs power combo. T6 is far too expensive n really too powerful even for the occasional race off the block.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Fresh from oven, photos of the new V90.

000.jpg

am I the only one who thinks that transmission tunnel hump in front of the middle seat is obscene?

• Praise 3

[laugh]

No doubt obscene, I must say that at least the middle seat can still sit someone. For my BMW F06, the transmission tunnel does not look obscene but when someone wearing skirt sits in the middle, it can get obscene [:p].

am I the only one who thinks that transmission tunnel hump in front of the middle seat is obscene?

Can't believe it. Volvo cars just get worst in their design. Used to own a Volvo. Can't believe they have deteriorated to such ugliness. Look at the back .... I know each have their own taste but doesn't take a degree in design to point that out. Anyway putting a iPad like screen in the console is unsafe and if u look at the fingerprints on them....

Anyway, the local models usually comes with little of the advertised features and whatever features that u see online, I reckon u pay attention to what you get locally. They tend to make fat margins with little fanfare on them.

Test drive the S90 recently and must say the car is fast and looks good, at least from the front. Gadgets are similar to XC90.

However, I was surprised that the price quoted from the sales are all different when comparing with my friends. It ranges from $240k to $260k. They are making much more when compared to the E class.

↡ Advertisement