• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

Googoo
  • Premium member
    Googoo
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Need some advise... My gps connects really slow... Cant get a lock. I need to have like 15min or longer.

I even tear off the side solar film to test it.. But no diff.(im driving an alphard and i place the module near the front side window panel)

i am using the X009E and my placement of the gps module is at the front left hand side of the dashboard.. no connection issue.. maybe your gps module is spoilt.. go back to your audio shop?

alphard96 praised this

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:34 PM

Saintock
  • Saintock
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

so i went to one of my friend's recommended auto shop. they shifted the antenna to somewhere under the hood-stick a piece of metal on the extreme left side and the antenna sticks to it.

now GPS lock on comes on in 1-3min once i start the car. it gets slower when i'm coming out from a mscp with many high rise buidlings ard it. i guess that's a norm? the accuracy and connection definitely pales in comparison to my google map. It can be a bit inaccurate some times when it shows me i'm on another nearby road.

alphard96 praised this

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:20 PM

Evo3366
  • Evo3366
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi

Can I check for those who had the X900E, does the USB playback MP4 movies??

rgds

rteo

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The problem with built-in gps; in-car or HU is the map updates.

The platform is usually of some proprietary format and you get charged for map updates.

If you can get one based on/ or get a Garmin unit, you can free updates from malfreemaps or malsingmaps, typically every 1 or 2 week updates.

Sg map is extremely dynamic. Every 3 months or so, new roads appear, sometimes old road disappear, merged or realigned. New hdb or condo appears.

So getting map updates is quite important.

If you're just using gps for rural MY, where changes are very slow, then 1 or 2 yr update is ok, but not for Sg.

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:18 PM

alphard96
  • Premium member
    alphard96
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi

Can I check for those who had the X900E, does the USB playback MP4 movies??

rgds

rteo

I think no...

The problem with built-in gps; in-car or HU is the map updates.

The platform is usually of some proprietary format and you get charged for map updates.

If you can get one based on/ or get a Garmin unit, you can free updates from malfreemaps or malsingmaps, typically every 1 or 2 week updates.

Sg map is extremely dynamic. Every 3 months or so, new roads appear, sometimes old road disappear, merged or realigned. New hdb or condo appears.

So getting map updates is quite important.

If you're just using gps for rural MY, where changes are very slow, then 1 or 2 yr update is ok, but not for Sg.

Agree....lucky the Goldwing can update the navi SD card from those website easily, diy, v useful, and its free!

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:03 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think no...

Agree....lucky the Goldwing can update the navi SD card from those website easily, diy, v useful, and its free!

I contribute tracks to malfreemap and I know how updated the map is.

Every 2 weeks, new POIs, sometimes new roads, lots of new hdb flats completed, etc.

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:39 PM

yong0626
  • yong0626
    Clutched
    Author Image

I uses asus media box which shared the aux input with my mobile tv.

Hi, may i know how you hook up the asus media box to the HU?

Which asus media box you use, mind to share?

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

sgpapabear
  • sgpapabear
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi, may i know how you hook up the asus media box to the HU?

Which asus media box you use, mind to share?

Sorry for late reply. I uses the ASUS O!play. It is hidden inside the center consol and shared line with my mobile tv which is hook to my Alpine HU. The problem is it could not read my 1Gb HDD connected to ASUS. Small size thumbdrive is ok. 

If I will I can

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:43 PM

yong0626
  • yong0626
    Clutched
    Author Image

Sorry for late reply. I uses the ASUS O!play. It is hidden inside the center consol and shared line with my mobile tv which is hook to my Alpine HU. The problem is it could not read my 1Gb HDD connected to ASUS. Small size thumbdrive is ok.

Thanks.
Do you mind to send me some photo on the player that you hidden. And how you share line with your mobile tv? What's that about on mobile TV? Another question is where you tap the power for your asus oplay? Sorry for throw up so much question.

Edited by yong0626, 14 February 2017 - 12:47 PM.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:47 AM

sgpapabear
  • sgpapabear
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi Yong,

I do not know how to post picture in forum. But you should be able to find Asus O!Player in most electronic shop. I think they have newer model now. (Hint: do ensure that the player support 12V DC input).

As for the sharing of line, they were done by my installer. I suspect there should be a toggle switch.

If I will I can

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

Dennislsk
  • Dennislsk
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,

I agree that the Map for X009E is outdated. Bought one for my Harrier and MCE is not on it.
Can you share with us what is the procedure to get the updates ?
Do you face a problem with the Navigation system not getting signal from the satellites too ? It always take more than 10 minutes before the GPS is functionable.

Alpine support site is not very good too.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike.

I bought my harrier with an original head unit that comes in Japanese language. Is there any way to change the language to English??

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:55 PM

Flying_genie
  • Flying_genie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Mike.

I bought my harrier with an original head unit that comes in Japanese language. Is there any way to change the language to English??

http://www.alpine-asia.com/sg

Call Alpine Singapore for technical help. The Singapore company sells products for quite a few brands. Ask to speak to the Technical Support for Alpine Car Audio, I think his name is Lokey. Ask for his help, he is the subject matter expert.

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:21 PM

Bamboo300306
  • Bamboo300306
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

HI,

My alpine X008eu is taking forever to detect the GPS signal. Sometime can detect, sometime even after reaching destination, it's still detecting.

Can anyone provide recommendation to fix the GPS signal problem. Where is the Alpine Distributor or Agent in Singapore? There seem to be no contact numbers for their website.

The sound system is good, but the GPS system worse than China headset.

We are paying a premium for the head unit and the quality issue should be addressed promptly by Alpine.

I believe I am not the only person with such experience.

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by Bamboo300306, 29 July 2018 - 11:22 PM.

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:09 PM

DanLam
  • DanLam
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I'm gonna own a Vellfire GE soon c/w ALpine HU and monitor.

This thread has given some ideas what to do first.

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Marbella uNav HD7 GPS/DVR

Marbella uNav HD7 GPS/DVR  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Micko8  |  Neutral Newbie

Poor resolution slacking signal

I have been using other Morbella GPS models and quite disappointed with this set which is suppose to be HD. It is very hard to see the images on the screen under strong sun light. The signal is very slacking and does not reflect the actual... » Read More

Holux TrackNavi 62S GPS

Holux TrackNavi 62S GPS  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Candylim  |  Clutched

Reliability is key

The Holux TrackNavi 62S starts up quickly and is easy to use. The intelligent search function is not only fast, it also reduces many unnecessary steps taken to get me to my destination. The GPS is strong and I have never faced any trouble wit... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : GPS

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, alphard, x009, gps map and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users