Renault Fluence 1.5 dci

Sopskysalat

My megane rs no issues too after 2years. Just ac compressor need replacement. Irony is that is a Japanese part. Wearnes change it for free under warranty. 5 year warranty. Has been a joy driving my rs275 so far. Engaging driver car that is super rare. Only 2 here.

AC compressor 2yrs need to replace?

First time I heard of.Maybe I m frog in a well.lol....

How come?What is the mileage?

My korean car 10yrs never replace compressor at 150k mileage.

↡ Advertisement

My megane rs no issues too after 2years. Just ac compressor need replacement. Irony is that is a Japanese part. Wearnes change it for free under warranty. 5 year warranty. Has been a joy driving my rs275 so far. Engaging driver car that is super rare. Only 2 here.

2 years change air con compressor? Did you pay anything for the repair?

No bro. Totally free. Given a car wash n Auntie serves cappuccino haha

AC compressor 2yrs need to replace?

First time I heard of.Maybe I m frog in a well.lol....

How come?What is the mileage?

My korean car 10yrs never replace compressor at 150k mileage.

Great for u bro. Sometimes this type of thing can be heng sway one.
  • Praise 1

No bro. Totally free. Given a car wash n Auntie serves cappuccino haha

Great for u bro. Sometimes this type of thing can be heng sway one.

heng suay that part sorry but I disagree...

my jap and korean rides both no issue in 8 yrs.

never mention also the build quality, after few yrs door panel, the seat belt pillar area, sunroof, even suspension all has some kind of squeaking or buzzing sound.

as mention every time u send in car to this agent, u must monitor them very closely, sometimes they return car without working on the point u mention.

but my point is, even they offer me 100 cappuccino also I don't have time to keep fetch and send the car so many times, my work start at 830. super irritating every time got some issue.

Oh dear... you seem to have gotten a lemon?

My Dad's car is almost 3 years old and about 50,000 km... no such issues so far... thankfully...

Care to give us more details? Like the age and mileage of your car? And what the faults were and how did Wearnes respond? They seem quite a good dealer so far...

Looking forward to your reply... thanks!

here is the list of faults in only few yrs:

--gearbox whining and ticking sound, this is the big one which led me to get rid of the car. one workshop took a look and said it is the flywheel inside the clutch. pls note dual clutch is a wear and tear part and Wearnes quote me 5k to replace, I don't have this kind of money to spare else I will have bought jaguar or infiniti

--camshaft or timing belt had a whining sound when engine is cold, fixed but the sound changed to a knocking sound, sent back again fixed but after 2 weeks the whining sound return. give up

--engine will sometimes shudder violently when switching off. replace engine mount when clearly it is not an engine mount issue. still not fixed

--parking sensor will randomly trigger - still not fixed after 3 servicing. give up chasing them

--squeaking noise from various interior and door panel, none fixed, end up I buy wd40 and spray

--suspension creaking sound, replace damper

--head unit randomly reboot, no fix

--brakes when reversing will have a "bang" sound, they said this is normal

--coolant sensor issue, the part take 3 weeks to arrive, my car by then already sold

--aircon compressor loud vibration upon switch on and not cold, they replaced, new compressor ok but also got loud vibration when switch on aircon. give up

completely disagree on the dealer part, my issue as you can see is so many faults reported until 1 yr plus later sell car still not fixed

--their parts also never keep stock, everything must order from France then takes 2-3 wks to arrive, lagi worse when u have accident

btw another thing, wearnes never sign the third party workshop agreement, so if u service outside warranty is void

to be fair, one good thing is their battery can replace foc up to first 2 yrs

good that your car no fault, hope your ride serves u better than mine

never mention also the build quality, after few yrs door panel, the seat belt pillar area, sunroof, even suspension all has some kind of squeaking or buzzing sound.

as mention every time u send in car to this agent, u must monitor them very closely, sometimes they return car without working on the point u mention.

but my point is, even they offer me 100 cappuccino also I don't have time to keep fetch and send the car so many times, my work start at 830. super irritating every time got some issue.

I agree on the sending my car in before start work part. Actually this also apply to svcing.My point is I only encounter once so far to bring my car in for repair under such circumstances.

The part on cappuccino is just a positive take on things. Haha. Don't take what I say too seriously. Truth is the auntie there is quite nice. I of course won't want to go down too even u gave free lunch or like u say 100 cappuccino.

I am talking about exception for the heng sway part. Before my conti Now, I owned jap cars all the way too. I must say the Honda n Nissan gave the least issues to me. I sold my infiniti just before 1 year mark. So dun get to assess whether it is just as reliable. My Mazda Astina has radiator n ac issues after the 7 year mark.

Have a good weekend everyone

I agree on the sending my car in before start work part. Actually this also apply to svcing.My point is I only encounter once so far to bring my car in for repair under such circumstances.

The part on cappuccino is just a positive take on things. Haha. Don't take what I say too seriously. Truth is the auntie there is quite nice. I of course won't want to go down too even u gave free lunch or like u say 100 cappuccino.

I am talking about exception for the heng sway part. Before my conti Now, I owned jap cars all the way too. I must say the Honda n Nissan gave the least issues to me. I sold my infiniti just before 1 year mark. So dun get to assess whether it is just as reliable. My Mazda Astina has radiator n ac issues after the 7 year mark.

Have a good weekend everyone

Yes the build quality cannot be compared to Jap. I strip tank engine or rather strip and repair/replace whole tank and APC parts during NS time. Was surprised to see the left back door wobbly after a few months of owning it. Took a spanner to tightened the lower nut that holds the door and was like...why was't there any spring washer to prevent the nut from loosening over time? Its basic mech yeah...but the rest of the door is fine. 

Left and right aircon control tab broke. $200+ per side and 3 weeks lead time to replace. Yet to change. No time and someone recommended a renault stockist in little India. Will explore that when time permits. Open space car park, I guess that lousy part couldn't take the heat. But no issue with my previous jap car of 7 years till scrap. 

I think my car shocker absorber or suspension related part was replaced after whining sound heard when doing slow turning. Car was at about 45KKM. But I must admit I'm pretty rough when going over hump. Replaced foc under warranty. After this lesson, go slow over hump. 

Battery replaced foc within 2 years of car warranty. 

Did 60KKM servicing with agent last month. Timing belt is ex...did sourced around for alternative but after 20% discount from agent with 4x service package, I reckon it isn't really that much ex compared to the next available big well known workshop. Its like 20% more ex but agent does more things and I have less confidence with the workshop after a Q&A. 

Plus points, big cabin space and big boot and comfortable seats. Good FC and its diesel. My old lancer will cost me over $800 on monthly petrol. Now less than half of that. 

Reliability wise, I think can't beat Jap and Korean or Merc. I bought for the attractive pricing, space, comfort and ops cost. 

here is the list of faults in only few yrs:

--gearbox whining and ticking sound, this is the big one which led me to get rid of the car. one workshop took a look and said it is the flywheel inside the clutch. pls note dual clutch is a wear and tear part and Wearnes quote me 5k to replace, I don't have this kind of money to spare else I will have bought jaguar or infiniti

--camshaft or timing belt had a whining sound when engine is cold, fixed but the sound changed to a knocking sound, sent back again fixed but after 2 weeks the whining sound return. give up

--engine will sometimes shudder violently when switching off. replace engine mount when clearly it is not an engine mount issue. still not fixed

--parking sensor will randomly trigger - still not fixed after 3 servicing. give up chasing them

--squeaking noise from various interior and door panel, none fixed, end up I buy wd40 and spray

--suspension creaking sound, replace damper

--head unit randomly reboot, no fix

--brakes when reversing will have a "bang" sound, they said this is normal

--coolant sensor issue, the part take 3 weeks to arrive, my car by then already sold

--aircon compressor loud vibration upon switch on and not cold, they replaced, new compressor ok but also got loud vibration when switch on aircon. give up

completely disagree on the dealer part, my issue as you can see is so many faults reported until 1 yr plus later sell car still not fixed

--their parts also never keep stock, everything must order from France then takes 2-3 wks to arrive, lagi worse when u have accident

btw another thing, wearnes never sign the third party workshop agreement, so if u service outside warranty is void

to be fair, one good thing is their battery can replace foc up to first 2 yrs

good that your car no fault, hope your ride serves u better than mine

I hope so too... how many years was in a few years? Was the car already 5 years old when all these faults started appearing or did they appear slowly over the time you owned the car? What was your mileage?

Sorry to say this but you spent a lot of effort to list the faults but the most important 2 items not listed - age of car when faults arose as well as mileage... when did you dispose of your Renault? And I assume your driving this particular model Fluence 1.5 cDi turbo?

Edited by teomingern

I hope so too... how many years was in a few years? Was the car already 5 years old when all these faults started appearing or did they appear slowly over the time you owned the car? What was your mileage?

Sorry to say this but you spent a lot of effort to list the faults but the most important 2 items not listed - age of car when faults arose as well as mileage... when did you dispose of your Renault? And I assume your driving this particular model Fluence 1.5 cDi turbo?

pls allow me to point out that I list all the faults because I was asked by someone to list them.

since u asked, the car is less than 2 yrs old. free servicing ended. the faults started appearing slowly, a few every servicing. previous post I mention that the AD did not fix everything at every servicing.

not going to say exact mileage (a bit more than average) or when I dispose of my car in case next owner see this then he or she think it is their car and become worried. must be fair.

my aim for coming here to post is to let people know about the potential gearbox cost, be careful. it is natural if I let off some steam.anyway what is done has been done, money has been spent and words by the dealer that took in my car all has been said. for me, I will not make the same mistake again.

pls allow me to point out that I list all the faults because I was asked by someone to list them.

since u asked, the car is less than 2 yrs old. free servicing ended. the faults started appearing slowly, a few every servicing. previous post I mention that the AD did not fix everything at every servicing.

not going to say exact mileage (a bit more than average) or when I dispose of my car in case next owner see this then he or she think it is their car and become worried. must be fair.

my aim for coming here to post is to let people know about the potential gearbox cost, be careful. it is natural if I let off some steam.anyway what is done has been done, money has been spent and words by the dealer that took in my car all has been said. for me, I will not make the same mistake again.

Hmmm... less than 2 years old is really not acceptable... I thought you disposed of your car already...

Interesting that the agent did not fix all the faults at each servicing... I suppose they took down all the faults you specified... I would really have roasted them when I check the car and they didn't rectify everything...

Also the clutch plate is a wear & tear item just like in a manual gearbox... but it should last from anything like 80,000 to 100,000 km... for manual gearbox, some drivers change them prematurely early cos they always drive half clutch, and the plate gets worn out faster than normal... (just like some people always drive with a trailing brake and wear out the brake pads early)... since this is a dual clutch, it might be the clutch programming that was at fault, such that the clutch was never fully engaged or disengaged and so your clutch plate wore out so fast...

Otherwise constant creeping forward in traffic is also very bad for dual clutch transmissions and can lead to early failure... I notice many drivers who drive auto cars like to stop some distance from the car in front or the stop line and then let the car creep forward...

Edited by teomingern

yes, car has been disposed off already. when I sold it was less than 2 yrs old.

true that people did warn me about the clutch plate, especially those driving VW with DSG gearbox. but i never allow the car to creep much, mostly drive expressway and use waze to avoid jams. someone also told me cannot use accelerator to hold the car when on slope e.g. car park.

clutch program at fault?? I am not a technical person, if I must become an engineer to drive renault then I rather drive some other ride la, my life not that long.

another thing to point out, is that some of the fault reported cannot be verify unless after u collect back the car and drive for some time... e.g. parking sensor randomly trigger, how u verify fixed? they will always say check, reset computer (conti car full of computer) tested found ok, what u gonna do? to call them back to roast them, take up time and effort, I paid for a car to drive it not to keep bringing it for servicing leh

furthermore when collecting the car after servicing the service advisor is never there to pass me the car in person, usually is the counter staff who explain what has been done, then they will just read out whatever the technician wrote. like that I also can become mechanic

true that people did warn me about the clutch plate, especially those driving VW with DSG gearbox. but i never allow the car to creep much, mostly drive expressway and use waze to avoid jams. someone also told me cannot use accelerator to hold the car when on slope e.g. car park.

clutch program at fault?? I am not a technical person, if I must become an engineer to drive renault then I rather drive some other ride la, my life not that long.

another thing to point out, is that some of the fault reported cannot be verify unless after u collect back the car and drive for some time... e.g. parking sensor randomly trigger, how u verify fixed? they will always say check, reset computer (conti car full of computer) tested found ok, what u gonna do? to call them back to roast them, take up time and effort, I paid for a car to drive it not to keep bringing it for servicing leh

furthermore when collecting the car after servicing the service advisor is never there to pass me the car in person, usually is the counter staff who explain what has been done, then they will just read out whatever the technician wrote. like that I also can become mechanic

are you referring to the front proximity sensors that comes on randomly?

There's one more irritating safety feature which my previous ride don't have. It will auto down gear when it senses the car going downhill at a certain angle, and the rpm will escalate. Anyone knows if that's normal for diesel DCT car?

For the benefit of those who's looking of the next ride...some car reliability references for your consideration.

http://www.anusedcar.com/index.php/tuv-report-year-age/2017-2-3/577

Edited by paaa

Hmmm... they declined to replace the parking sensors?

Actually these days all cars also full of sensors... the more features you want, the more sensors there are... my Sonata is an example lor... so many messages that can come up and tell you this or that empty, not working, etc... even not enough wiper fluid also got warning message...

I heard the same story for another French car. Very strange but maybe that is how things work back home.  [confused] . It sound like the local boys are somewhat not familiar with conti cars. I don't think they do that back there or their weather hardly use AC? 

Yeah I really don't know how the French can tahan their French cars... especially when they're so unreliable? Don't they have very strong consumer protection laws? I mean having cutting edge technology plus the latest bells and whistles plus active plus passive safety toys don't count for anything if you can't start the car in the morning...

Same for the Italians... Italian cars are a whole dimension more astounding the French in terms reliability...

are you referring to the front proximity sensors that comes on randomly?

There's one more irritating safety feature which my previous ride don't have. It will auto down gear when it senses the car going downhill at a certain angle, and the rpm will escalate. Anyone knows if that's normal for diesel DCT car?

For the benefit of those who's looking of the next ride...some car reliability references for your consideration.

http://www.anusedcar.com/index.php/tuv-report-year-age/2017-2-3/577

this one I believe is normal. but ya, not used to it.

This gearbox admittedly is not as smooth compared to for example VW DSG. When moving off from rest, the feel is a bit heavy, like the gearbox is "resisting" the car from moving.

Pickup can be very strong if you press hard, but this engine doesn't really like to be revved compared to other diesels that I tried.

Edited by lukeusesforce

I heard the same story for another French car. Very strange but maybe that is how things work back home.  [confused] . It sound like the local boys are somewhat not familiar with conti cars. I don't think they do that back there or their weather hardly use AC? 

Not really. I drove a hitch rider to Subaru workshop to get his car, a Forester, if I remember correctly. He mentioned his AC also ran into problem and his car also under 2 years. He was surprised. He also mentioned fluence is quieter than his car. I can't believe my ears and at that time, its still on stock tires, the noisy ones. He should be more impressed after I've changed my tires to Yoko, wind noise from wheels dropped noticeably. 

↡ Advertisement