Seeking views on S60, Q50 and Mz6

F1enthusiast

A car that can serve more than 5 years without major problems  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Which car would you drive and why?

• Vovlo T5
    • Infiniti Q50
    • Mazda 6

At the end of day realli depend on what is more important to you? Value fr money or branding? Fr branding wise no diff between volvo and infiniti although volvo owners may beg to differ..of course both are perceived more bragging rights than mazda...if branding is very impt to u, consider a 1 to 2 yr old merc or bmw hatch or sedan where still got warranty to fix bugs and still relatively new fr yr budget of 160k.

↡ Advertisement

At the end of day realli depend on what is more important to you? Value fr money or branding? Fr branding wise no diff between volvo and infiniti although volvo owners may beg to differ..of course both are perceived more bragging rights than mazda...if branding is very impt to u, consider a 1 to 2 yr old merc or bmw hatch or sedan where still got warranty to fix bugs and still relatively new fr yr budget of 160k.

Haha, I personally don't care how others perceive my wowo. They can call me kiasu, kiasi, kiagui, or see me no up since I drive a car with an outdated(?) interior.

I would have left my advice to TS as "What does he or she really want?"  If he or she can't answer that question, then the million and one posts here are nothing more than personal opinions and biases.

Btw, are you guys aware there is an Infiniti event tomorrow and Sunday at Changi Exhibition Centre? Can test features of the Q50 and other models in a closed environment. Also slalom etc.

Sounds like a good way to waste half a day. I've signed up for tomorrow am.

Will kaypoh a bit and let you know what I think of the Q50. :D

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Btw, are you guys aware there is an Infinit event tomorrow and Sunday at Changi Exhibition Centre? Can test features of the Q50 and other models in a closed environment. Also slalom etc.

Sounds like a good way to waste half a day. I've signed up for tomorrow am.

Will kaypoh a bit and let you know what i think of the Q50. :D

LMAO! Coming from an M series, how the heck will you compare? [laugh]

Mz 6 - Out. Cos nothing fanciful or diff from any cars out there and far too common.

S60 - Out - Cos interior is outdated and I will survive in it for 10 years.

Q50 - In - Cos of its technology, RWD and Bose system. Most imptly, the world first production Direct Adaptive System and a rare breed in Singapore.

Actually, I like the Volvo interior, everything is where I expect them to be. One button for one function.  In digital camera, only high end DSLRs got many short cut buttons, so it is good in my view. I think it is easier to operate than using joysticks and touchscreens.  Many commented that the numeric keypad in the Volvo is very dated, but the E200 also has numeric keypad.  Interestingly, many think that analog clock is classy and not dated, so preferences are very personal.

Edited by Pynch

Turbocharged

the high compression mz skyactiv engines, don't really seem to achieve much lol.

their gearboxes are very average as well.

SkyActiv more about linearity and holistic fuel savings I think, versus eking power outputs.

Actually, I like the Volvo interior, everything is where I expect them to be. One button for one function.  In digital camera, only high end DSLRs got many short cut buttons, so it is good in my view. I think it is easier to operate than using joysticks and touchscreens.  Many commented that the numeric keypad in the Volvo is very dated, but the E200 also has numeric keypad.  Interestingly, many think that analog clock is classy and not dated, so preferences are very personal.

I would only call the design outdated because it's just gone too long without a reiteration in Volvos. It has virtually not changed for many years. Though now they are bringing in the big single touchscreen tablet ala Tesla or on the other end of the spectrum, Peugeot.

Looks like their system is much more responsive than Peugeot's (at the moment) is though. We will see if the XC90's new dash design comes down to the lower lines.

But Volvo's LCD based instruments are very swee. I like the little silhouette animation you get when you enter and leave... very nice touch, shows that they know how to "present" the "experience".

I agree with you that Volvo's system is quite straightforward to use and intuitive also. The keypad looks awkward but it also helps... Merc A/B/CLA still have it and nobody makes noise there...

I like Volvo's clean interior layout... maybe need more flourish but still nice place to be.

I'm always looking for the next car for my wife lah. [laugh]

Whoa q50 as 2nd car...even so n so's 2nd car only a vezel. Haha.

Wait. Isnt it 3rd car? M5, oddy n possibly q50..

• Praise 1

Interesting to note a number have felt that the Volvo interior is outdated.

A brand new design can also look "outdated" to some. Its like fashion is some ways.

Have tested a few Volvos, don't understand the "outdated" perception. Always thought the central console is very functional and all the buttons are contemporary.

Compared the newest BMW and current Audi's interiors, would have called those "outdated"

BMW knobs and aircon vents remind me of the old jap cars of yester years..

So individual perceptions and preferences are always relative. No right or  wrong.

If more than enough people feel certain designs are "outdated", then this will dictate sales and resales.

Resale prices for either Volvo and Q50 would not be great. Madza will probably do better here.

With no offence intended to Q50 drivers, would think there are still lots of people who are not familiar with Q50 brand and it will take some time to condition people to think that this is "branded" model. 

Even today, not every man on the street knows that Lexus is "branded" (again no offence intended) . The oft repeated talk of a guy who drives a big expensive lexus to a petrol station and the cashier at payment counter asks pointing to the car, "Uncle, is that Toyota yours?"   :o

Drive the oldest old 3 pointed star, even the oldest old uncles/aunties and foreign labor guys can immediately recognize, "Oh, that Uncle must be rich." 

SkyActiv more about linearity and holistic fuel savings I think, versus eking power outputs.

I would only call the design outdated because it's just gone too long without a reiteration in Volvos. It has virtually not changed for many years. Though now they are bringing in the big single touchscreen tablet ala Tesla or on the other end of the spectrum, Peugeot.

Looks like their system is much more responsive than Peugeot's (at the moment) is though. We will see if the XC90's new dash design comes down to the lower lines.

But Volvo's LCD based instruments are very swee. I like the little silhouette animation you get when you enter and leave... very nice touch, shows that they know how to "present" the "experience".

I agree with you that Volvo's system is quite straightforward to use and intuitive also. The keypad looks awkward but it also helps... Merc A/B/CLA still have it and nobody makes noise there...

I like Volvo's clean interior layout... maybe need more flourish but still nice place to be.

• Praise 5

Twincharged

Interesting to note a number have felt that the Volvo interior is outdated.

A brand new design can also look "outdated" to some. Its like fashion is some ways.

Have tested a few Volvos, don't understand the "outdated" perception. Always thought the central console is very functional and all the buttons are contemporary.

Compared the newest BMW and current Audi's interiors, would have called those "outdated"

BMW knobs and aircon vents remind me of the old jap cars of yester years..

So individual perceptions and preferences are always relative. No right or  wrong.

If more than enough people feel certain designs are "outdated", then this will dictate sales and resales.

Resale prices for either Volvo and Q50 would not be great. Madza will probably do better here.

With no offence intended to Q50 drivers, would think there are still lots of people who are not familiar with Q50 brand and it will take some time to condition people to think that this is "branded" model. 

Even today, not every man on the street knows that Lexus is "branded" (again no offence intended) . The oft repeated talk of a guy who drives a big expensive lexus to a petrol station and the cashier at payment counter asks pointing to the car, "Uncle, is that Toyota yours?"   :o

Drive the oldest old 3 pointed star, even the oldest old uncles/aunties and foreign labor guys can immediately recognize, "Oh, that Uncle must be rich." 

For me, I like the Q50 the most among these 3 cars because it is an unknown brand. At least it isn't as common also. Among these B&B brands, infinity is the least common one.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 3

I don't think many people buy Q50

because its "branded"

I think they buy it cos its a damn cool car.

Btw Lexus is branded?

I thought they make those cracker type biscuits.

:D

• Praise 2

I don't think many people buy Q50

because its "branded"

I think they buy it cos its a damn cool car.

Btw Lexus is branded?

I thought they make those cracker type biscuits.

:D

That one is luxus, poor man like me love the cheese and peanut butter flavor.

• Praise 3

Agreed. There are more Benz than Chery which can made Chery the less common. Not many ppls can tell the difference between the  logo of  Q50 vs Chery.

For me, I like the Q50 the most among these 3 cars because it is an unknown brand. At least it isn't as common also. Among these B&B brands, infinity is the least common one.

• Praise 2

The last time I drove a wowo was more than 10 years ago but anyone who recommends the Mz2.5 against the the Q50 needs to go test drive the 2 cars, unless FC is your number 1 criteria, then you should buy an Altis and save a few ten of thousands.

Apology but the Mz2.5 drive (forget about the Mz2.0) is at least 20k behind the Q50.  So unless Mz2.5 is selling at $140k against Q50 $160k, then maybe there is something to consider, otherwise it is a no brainer. [smash]

• Praise 4

wan less common?

how about Jag XE?

how much is it now ah?

Only saw it once. Heard it is pegged to C class prices.

On my list but just couldn't wait. I would have been a happy man with this or the C.

At 30k more ba......

• Praise 1

wan less common?

how about Jag XE?

how much is it now ah?

Walau,this XE,Based model,damm poorly built...Jaguar lower end model always not [thumbsdown]  sucessful here,remember the X-Type.?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

haha, going by LTA's statistics, Ford is barely better... Jaguar also same number as Infiniti.

Chevrolet also sold few cars this year. These four brands all less than 90 cars each in current 2nd half of the year.

Citroen and Peugeot also low volume...

And the cheap B&B brand that also become super rare? Suzuki!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1