• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
56 replies to this topic | 134 praises

Poll: Seeking opinion on BMW X4, Lexus NX300h and Porsche Macan (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the better car, overall as a good buy?

1. BMW X4 xDrive35i (16 votes [22.54%])

Percentage of vote: 22.54%

2. Porsche Macan (42 votes [59.15%])

Percentage of vote: 59.15%

3. Lexus NX300h (13 votes [18.31%])

Percentage of vote: 18.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:12 PM

Glxfan
  • Premium member
    Glxfan
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all, I seldom post a lot and am currently looking to change my ride. I'd like to seek opinions from bros and automotive aficionados here on the above mentioned 3 models of SUV.

I know all 3 are rather different in terms of branding or engine power or even comfort levels, but due to my limited knowledge on the available SUVs in this price range 300k+/-, these are the 3 that I can think of. I'm torn between these 3 for my next purchase and would like to find out more the pros and cons of the above 3. Am currently driving an Audi so thinking of changing to something fresh too.

Would like to seek some opinions and reviews from bros here especially those who own the above 3 makes to share a little more into it. And also to find out which would be a better buy.

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to your reviews and advise, cheers!

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:15 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i don't think lexus is comparable in this category

for me ... it's a no brainer ... MACAN !!! but with full options probably $350K++

http://www.sgcarmart...=514616&DL=2572

https://www.youtube....bmw x4 vs macan

Edited by Wt_know, 29 October 2015 - 11:17 PM.

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:50 PM

Glxfan
  • Premium member
    Glxfan
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for the link bro, that's a really good review between the Porsche and BMW.

However, due to budget constraint, I don't think I'll be going for the Macan S model, more likely to be the base Macan comparing with the other 2 SUVs

As for Lexus, I pretty much like the quietness and ride quality during the test drive that's why I've chosen it as a comparison between the other 2 to see how it will stand out. However, the other 2 are very different when it comes to engine power and drive. I've not tested the BMW, but have tried this Macan though. Hoping to hear some reviews on the BMW.

Greatly appreciate your sharing, so it seems that the Macan has gotten 1 point against the rest.

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:55 PM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for the link bro, that's a really good review between the Porsche and BMW.

However, due to budget constraint, I don't think I'll be going for the Macan S model, more likely to be the base Macan comparing with the other 2 SUVs

As for Lexus, I pretty much like the quietness and ride quality during the test drive that's why I've chosen it as a comparison between the other 2 to see how it will stand out. However, the other 2 are very different when it comes to engine power and drive. I've not tested the BMW, but have tried this Macan though. Hoping to hear some reviews on the BMW.

Greatly appreciate your sharing, so it seems that the Macan has gotten 1 point against the rest.

NX is one big league below X4 35i and Macan (any variant). Forgot about NX.

Go for Macan....base model I think you can get around 290k.

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:58 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I like the Audi best.

I mean the Macan.

:)
Spring, Angcheek and Aaronlkl praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:05 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Wait for the Lexus NX 200 t...German Cars,sometime quite problematic.

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:16 AM

Earthboy
  • Earthboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

for the amount that you are willing to part with, you can consider the new RX350,

The RX200t is now available for test drive to existing Lexus owner and I am not sure what is the available date of the 350.

It is still a very different car compare to the other 2 you are looking at but if you like the ride quality of the NX, you should love the RX. my 2 cents.

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:26 AM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

TS obviously has 300+k to burn and wants sporty SUV ride. RX confirm out lah.

Sunset73 and Fruit-tart praised this

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:54 AM

Sunset73
  • Premium member
    Sunset73
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Comparing Car A Full Spec/Highest Spec at $300K and Car B base spec at $300K,

I will go for Car A. Value for money.. and you are paying so much more now.. at a whopping 300k.

My philosophy: If I want to buy I buy the model with highest spec. Or else don't buy.

Of cos it is up to individual preference.  [thumbsup]

My answer: X4 35i  [:)]

Edited by Sunset73, 30 October 2015 - 08:55 AM.

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:55 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

X4.... because I don't like the other two [:p]

Chowyunfatt and Maroon5 praised this

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:02 AM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

X4.... because I don't like the other two [:p]

Eh? This coming from a Mercedes owner?  Thought you would have directed him to the GL or M [laugh]

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:05 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

base is really base ... at least need to load up $30k option

Go for Macan....base model I think you can get around 290k.

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:08 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Eh? This coming from a Mercedes owner?  Thought you would have directed him to the GL or M [laugh]

If he gives that option, I would say GL lor. Even ML also good.... just get the 63 :D

The_Bear praised this

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

Pynch
  • Pynch
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Macan because it is a Porsche.  "I drive a Porsche" sounds a little bit different from "I drive a beemer" or "I drive a Lexus".

Jamesc and Fruit-tart praised this

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:41 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I've driven all.

The base Macan is pretty weak IMO, but okay if all you want is the brand name. The 2.0-litre engine is taken from the Golf GTI, but in a car like the Macan it feels inadequate. The minimum 'good' Macan is the Macan S.

Lexus NX is okay but no great shakes. Comfortable yes but not exciting.

So my choice is the BMW X4. Good to drive, decent size, well-rounded.

Thaiyotakamli, Vid and Blueray praised this

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:48 AM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Definitely not the Macan. Either lexus or BMW.

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:15 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

either BMW or Porsche.

the Lexus NX not high on form factor to me.

Mercs praised this
focus

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:31 AM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Isn't Lexus just a rebadged Toyota?

I vote Porsche due to brand status. Seems like everybody except me has a BMW, they're all over the roads.

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:48 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

macan share platform with q5 (audi) which is owned by vw
so macan is a rebadged of vw ... muahahaha

Isn't Lexus just a rebadged Toyota?

I vote Porsche due to brand status. Seems like everybody except me has a BMW, they're all over the roads.

Edited by Wt_know, 31 October 2015 - 11:55 AM.

Bacteria83, Vid and Docomospur praised this

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:52 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

macan share platform with q5 (audi) which is owned by vw
so macan is a rebadged of vw ... muahahaha

As long as they don't share the same problems aka DSG, then hoseh liao. VW group very big.

VW Group:  BentleyBugattiLamborghiniAudiPorscheSEAT┼ákoda and Volkswagen

Better than Toyota/Lexus leh. Take the Toyota Harrier, swap out some badges and poof, it's 90% of a Lexus RX300.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

BMW X4

BMW X4  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by dtkw  |  Clutched

Solid Build! Awesome Ride! Powerful too!

3rd BMW in 12 months and by far the best ride. The AWD makes the car so stable yet the active suspension helps to comfort all inside even through humps and unevenness. The power (28i) is good and I would say feels more powerful than what was... » Read More

Porsche Macan

Porsche Macan  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by DaveTan_142514  |  Neutral Newbie

The most perfect car I've owned although it's my first SUV!!!

Love for my Macan grows deeper with each day. Love every detail of the car. I'm attracted to not only to the visual aspects, but also to the drive. Drives like a sports car but it is also a practical utility vehicle.

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : BMW X4, Lexus NX300h Hybrid, Porsche Macan

Quick Reply

Tags: bmw, porsche, lexus, seeking and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users