Seeking opinion on BMW X4, Lexus NX300h and Porsche Macan

Glxfan

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better car, overall as a good buy?

• BMW X4 xDrive35i
    • Porsche Macan
    • Lexus NX300h

macan share platform with q5 (audi) which is owned by vw

so macan is a rebadged of vw ... muahahaha

Isn't Lexus just a rebadged Toyota?

I vote Porsche due to brand status. Seems like everybody except me has a BMW, they're all over the roads.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

macan share platform with q5 (audi) which is owned by vw

so macan is a rebadged of vw ... muahahaha

As long as they don't share the same problems aka DSG, then hoseh liao. VW group very big.

VW Group:  BentleyBugattiLamborghiniAudiPorscheSEATŠkoda and Volkswagen

Better than Toyota/Lexus leh. Take the Toyota Harrier, swap out some badges and poof, it's 90% of a Lexus RX300.

Macan because it is a Porsche. "I drive a Porsche" sounds a little bit different from "I drive a beemer" or "I drive a Lexus".

I really couldn't put it better.

TS is buying for status right.

He is not buying any of the cars

Cos he likes it.

So Macan has the best badge.

If TS was buying cos he likes the car

Then he wouldn't come here and ask

Which one to buy.

If Yoona agreed to marry me

I wouldn't need to ask which

SNSD girl I should marry.

:)

:)

• Praise 5

Not sure if still selling ML, can wait for the GLE and the GLE coupe.

The GLE coupe is just an X6 in disguise [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Out of all of these, the BMW X4 (xDrive 35i?) would be my instant pick. But that's because I love that sort of fastback body with hatchback practicality (albeit without the same amount of capacity). Sadly it wasn't an option for me haha.

Pragmatically, I would select the NX300h in Singapore, but the Porsche Macan is probably the best overall car here in terms of practicality, brand value, etc.

I say pragmatically for the NX300h because it's a hybrid that is generally suited to Singapore, where you want a quieter cruiser that has good tractability in constant start stop. Also it is well equipped with stuff such as panoramic cam and power rear seats, with good practicality and space. Also quite fierce looking on the outside... and got that Japanese reliability image... even if it sits in a lower class than the Porsche.

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

i find all the choices to be neither here nor there cars. if u have kids, u wont choose any of those of theyre all too small n not spacious enuff to even fit a bicycle or full stroller into boot? if ure single but may be planning for kids, dont waste $ n go straight for a bigger suv like forester.

id chose the honda vezel n a daihatsu copen for the price of 1 bmw

Edited by Duckduck
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

i find all the choices to be neither here nor there cars. if u have kids, u wont choose any of those of theyre all too small n not spacious enuff to even fit a bicycle or full stroller into boot? if ure single but may be planning for kids, dont waste $ n go straight for a bigger suv like forester.

id chose the honda vezel n a daihatsu copen for the price of 1 bmw

Forester is in the same class of compact SUV actually. In fact its external dimensions are smaller than the Macan (and X4) in all directions.

Forester only looks big because of the large windows and boxy shape. The X4 boot is probably going to be able to fit a bicycle if you fold the seats down. I have seen X4's boot, when you open the hatch it is actually quite a large boot.

Honda Vezel is even smaller than Forester. It has a lot of passenger space due to smart packaging, but it's 30cm shorter than even Forester.

Edited by 7hm

I will not consider Macan as it is the base model.

I will not consider NX200t as it has not proven itself.

I will consider X4 M40 as:

1. Munich Auto has better service (hearsay)

2. It has S55 parts to increase its performance.

As long as they don't share the same problems aka DSG, then hoseh liao. VW group very big.

VW Group:  BentleyBugattiLamborghiniAudiPorscheSEATŠkoda and Volkswagen

Better than Toyota/Lexus leh. Take the Toyota Harrier, swap out some badges and poof, it's 90% of a Lexus RX300.

Bro, go & update yourself lah.

Lexus RX is no longer Harrier.

Lexus NX similar to Harrier.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 1

Definitely not the Macan. Either lexus or BMW.

Fully agree.

Macan is essentially a rebadged VW at a premium price.

You pay for the Porsche brand name.

• Praise 1

The x4 constantly reminds me of thispost-7290-0-52059800-1446434745.jpg

so i would definitely not blow 300k on it. Push come to shove i ll pick the base macan. Although engine is relatively gutless but handling and brand prestige trumps the other 2 big big.

Edited by Zaxx

(edited)

thanks everyone for sharing your reviews and exchanges, really glad that I've penned down my thoughts and the comments here are really great and constructive, truly appreciate it!

guess I'll be striking off the Lexus though it was a very good ride indeed, not because of what was shared but personally feel the other 2 cars have better value proposition.

the X4's reallt amazing and looks really good. had another sit down in the car without test driving it and feels luxurious. not really keen on it being lack of 5yrs warranty and servicing, small issue for a performance like this, but I'd very much like to have a peace of mind 

have gone for another go at the macan and came to realise that the handling is really really very good. The test drive wasn't done by me this round but by the sales person and did push the car much more in the corners and I'm truly impressed. 

also highlighted by the sales rep that there will be changes to the PCM which is some form of MMI in Porsche terms and an engine upgrade with more hp and torque does anyone have more info on this? 

am quite satisfied with the Porsche so far and might be going for this option, well, might not be the best choice according to the postings here and really thank everyone for sharing your expertise and knowledge. cheers

Edited by Glxfan

Turbocharged

Fully agree.

Macan is essentially a rebadged VW at a premium price.

You pay for the Porsche brand name.

Actually, I would say you also pay for Porsche's engineering touch. It may use the same platform, but it's not to say Porsche's engineers have done nothing.

thanks everyone for sharing your reviews and exchanges, really glad that I've penned down my thoughts and the comments here are really great and constructive, truly appreciate it!

guess I'll be striking off the Lexus though it was a very good ride indeed, not because of what was shared but personally feel the other 2 cars have better value proposition.

the X4's reallt amazing and looks really good. had another sit down in the car without test driving it and feels luxurious. not really keen on it being lack of 5yrs warranty and servicing, small issue for a performance like this, but I'd very much like to have a peace of mind 

have gone for another go at the macan and came to realise that the handling is really really very good. The test drive wasn't done by me this round but by the sales person and did push the car much more in the corners and I'm truly impressed. 

also highlighted by the sales rep that there will be changes to the PCM which is some form of MMI in Porsche terms and an engine upgrade with more hp and torque does anyone have more info on this? 

am quite satisfied with the Porsche so far and might be going for this option, well, might not be the best choice according to the postings here and really thank everyone for sharing your expertise and knowledge. cheers

Before you strike out X4, you might consider waiting for X4 M40.  It is sharing the revised N55 with M2.  Revised N55 has some engine parts from M3/M4.  In addition, M performance is sold by Munich Auto.  So, the service period covered is 3 yrs (I think). 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1