• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
61 replies to this topic | 182 praises

Poll: Seeking opinion on BMW X4, Lexus NX300h and Porsche Macan (83 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the better car, overall as a good buy?

1. BMW X4 xDrive35i (20 votes [24.10%])

Percentage of vote: 24.10%

2. Porsche Macan (45 votes [54.22%])

Percentage of vote: 54.22%

3. Lexus NX300h (18 votes [21.69%])

Percentage of vote: 21.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:57 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

X4 designer has done a good job to make people love and hate X4 ... [thumbsup]

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:52 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

After looking at it for sometime, it is not that ugly at all.  Especially X4 M40  IL6 Twin scroll turbo Yummy yummy.

attachicon.gif1443717803469.jpg

It isn't that ugly to me but quite useless. If I wanted the inconvenience of a car that looks like a coupe, I would go for a coupe or those 4-door coupes. If I wanted something as practical as an SUV, then I'd go for a SUV which doesn't handle as well as a coupe but is much more practical. The X4 and X6 do look OK to me but then its like having the worst of both a coupe and SUV.

andrewyewkc and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:29 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

BMW grows better in eyes day to day. When I bought F10, everyone said not good looking car, that too, when compared with E60, but now everyone says F10 is a good looking car. X4 will look nice to you soon.

The X4 is just so ugly (IMO).. I can't bear to see it for long, cause so much pain in the eyes.

NX has too much going on for the design. If you like clean uncluttered lines, you won't like the NX.

If can afford, Porsche Macan is the way to go... looks good. Drives good. Sounds good. Well-made. Ticks too many boxes.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:23 AM

Eugn86
  • Premium member
    Eugn86
    4th Gear
    Author Image

BMW grows better in eyes day to day. When I bought F10, everyone said not good looking car, that too, when compared with E60, but now everyone says F10 is a good looking car. X4 will look nice to you soon.

I hope so... but X6 still looks ugly to me till today. Coupe and SUV doesn't mix IMO...  [:p]

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:05 AM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I ve driven all 3 of them, and own neither.  If you have the dough, Macan is the one to get.  Porsche really knows how to build cars.  The X4 35i is not up to mark with the Macan( S version I mean) and that's why BMW is coming up with a X4 M40i (wah these days BMW names getting longer n longer like Mitsubishi used to be).

===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:18 AM

Atachi
  • Atachi
    4th Gear
    Author Image

The porsche macan is not just a rebadge Q5/VW. It may share its platform and some components with the Q5 but that just stops there.The rest of the Macan parts are all porsche. The PDK dual clutch trans is the best if not one of the best out there, the gear shifts are spot on and shifts like a sports car. If you have the chance to test drive all three cars mentioned, try to push the cars when doing corners. The macan just out handles the lexus and bmw. The base macan is more than enough in singapore, if you need the extra kick or feel the need to floor it just turn on sports mode. For me I went for the base macan and with the 40k that i saved instead of getting the S variant, used that sum of money on the options. If you have frequent passengers i would recommend getting the optioned three zone climate.

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:19 AM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The porsche macan is not just a rebadge Q5/VW. It may share its platform and some components with the Q5 but that just stops there.The rest of the Macan parts are all porsche. The PDK dual clutch trans is the best if not one of the best out there, the gear shifts are spot on and shifts like a sports car. If you have the chance to test drive all three cars mentioned, try to push the cars when doing corners. The macan just out handles the lexus and bmw. The base macan is more than enough in singapore, if you need the extra kick or feel the need to floor it just turn on sports mode. For me I went for the base macan and with the 40k that i saved instead of getting the S variant, used that sum of money on the options. If you have frequent passengers i would recommend getting the optioned three zone climate.

ironically, a bit of info I dug up very recently suggests that the PDK dual-clutch transmission in the Macan is in fact a derivative (not an exact copy, mind you) of the ZF-manufactured Audi DL501.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

EvilCatz
  • Premium member
    EvilCatz
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

thanks everyone for sharing your reviews and exchanges, really glad that I've penned down my thoughts and the comments here are really great and constructive, truly appreciate it!

guess I'll be striking off the Lexus though it was a very good ride indeed, not because of what was shared but personally feel the other 2 cars have better value proposition.

the X4's reallt amazing and looks really good. had another sit down in the car without test driving it and feels luxurious. not really keen on it being lack of 5yrs warranty and servicing, small issue for a performance like this, but I'd very much like to have a peace of mind 

have gone for another go at the macan and came to realise that the handling is really really very good. The test drive wasn't done by me this round but by the sales person and did push the car much more in the corners and I'm truly impressed. 

also highlighted by the sales rep that there will be changes to the PCM which is some form of MMI in Porsche terms and an engine upgrade with more hp and torque does anyone have more info on this? 

am quite satisfied with the Porsche so far and might be going for this option, well, might not be the best choice according to the postings here and really thank everyone for sharing your expertise and knowledge. cheers

if is a 2016 model the macan is 252 hp. 

i heard 2016 models already included the 3 zone climate.

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

New macan has led lights also

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:33 PM

EvilCatz
  • Premium member
    EvilCatz
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I am looking at macan, glc (no confirm date of avaliablity) and x4.

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:08 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wait got GLC Coupe ... [thumbsup]

I am looking at macan, glc (no confirm date of avaliablity) and x4.

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:12 AM

EvilCatz
  • Premium member
    EvilCatz
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

wait got GLC Coupe ... [thumbsup]

i guess so just not sure how long the wait will be as GLC already got to wait till end of the year, I believe they will be launching the new E-Class next. then maybe GLC coupe (if it is ready, no news of spy shot of it yet)

CLA also getting a new facelift.  

The next SUV i keen to wait will be the Jaguar F-Pace. Not sure when it will go on sale here.

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:16 PM

SSDD2018
  • Premium member
    SSDD2018
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi all just to restart the thread here. F pace is already out. Most feedback comment on disappointing interior despite the fact it won some awards overseas. My naive question is How about Evoque or Discovery Sport were not included in the comparison against X4 n Lexus?

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:34 PM

rickosw
  • Premium member
    rickosw
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi all just to restart the thread here. F pace is already out. Most feedback comment on disappointing interior despite the fact it won some awards overseas. My naive question is How about Evoque or Discovery Sport were not included in the comparison against X4 n Lexus?

Since u mention Jag / LR, correct me if I am wrong, current models selling is still using FORD Engine?

http://www.motorauth...in-2017--report

According to CAR, the next Ingenium engine will be an inline-6 displacing 3.0 liters and delivering between 270 and 500 horsepower thanks to turbocharging. It’s said to be arriving next year.

The engine is to replace the current 3.0-liter V-6 which Jaguar Land Rover sources from Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F]. It’s possible the engine’s first application will be in the LR4-replacing Discovery SUV currently doing the rounds as a prototype

http://www.carmagazi...aunch-in-20171/

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:29 PM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

You can compare any car you want.... if really wanna compare all SUVs in market, then 1 page to list the names also not enough.

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:11 PM

SSDD2018
  • Premium member
    SSDD2018
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

You can compare any car you want.... if really wanna compare all SUVs in market, then 1 page to list the names also not enough.

Hi Bro I started as naive question but the grouping is based price segment of SUV > $220k. Relevant feedback is more than welcome.

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:49 PM

Auzz
  • Premium member
    Auzz
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

macan share platform with q5 (audi) which is owned by vw
so macan is a rebadged of vw ... muahahaha

And to think you can’t even afford a re-badged VW. So sad. Muahahahahaha

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:48 PM

FutureY
  • FutureY
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The Porsche Macan facelift is going to be launched in July 2019 in India, and it is almost a year after it made its appearance in the international market. The Porsche Macan Price in India will start at around 70 lakhs, and the highest variant will be available at a price of approximately 1.6 crores. Porsche Cars in India is quite popular amongst the rich, and it has always been a darling to them. It is expected to have a top speed of 254 km, enough to burn the Indian roads.  It is going to be a nightmare for many car makers of this segment and sure to cut their market share. It is an entirely petrol driven car, and the company had already announced that by the year 2021 it would be ready with the electric version.  One of the new additions is the Porsche Communication Management System that will have a 10.9 inch HD touch-screen for entertainment. It will be available in a wide array of colors to choose and the steering wheel with the Porsche response button. It is one of the most affordable ranges of a model from the carmaker and certainly going to be the talk of the industry for quite some time.

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:22 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Fast forward to today, I find the current x4 design hits the right notes. Sleeker, grander, more elegant yet somewhat aggressive and dynamic. I like the x line dual exhaust tips with thicker lips. The front grilles and headlights proportions looked balanced, unlike the new x7. Cabin space is good for coupe crossover.

Anyone similar feel as me? [:)]
SiLangKia and Spring praised this
FS

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:43 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The poll says the Macan is the best buy, but this thread  says otherwise - very insightful read - https://www.mycarfor...macan/?hl=macan

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

BMW X4

BMW X4  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by dtkw  |  Clutched

Solid Build! Awesome Ride! Powerful too!

3rd BMW in 12 months and by far the best ride. The AWD makes the car so stable yet the active suspension helps to comfort all inside even through humps and unevenness. The power (28i) is good and I would say feels more powerful than what was... » Read More

Porsche Macan

Porsche Macan  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by DaveTan_142514  |  Neutral Newbie

The most perfect car I've owned although it's my first SUV!!!

Love for my Macan grows deeper with each day. Love every detail of the car. I'm attracted to not only to the visual aspects, but also to the drive. Drives like a sports car but it is also a practical utility vehicle.

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : BMW X4, Lexus NX300h Hybrid, Porsche Macan

Quick Reply

Tags: bmw, porsche, lexus, seeking and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users