Seeking opinion on BMW X4, Lexus NX300h and Porsche Macan

Glxfan

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better car, overall as a good buy?

• BMW X4 xDrive35i
    • Porsche Macan
    • Lexus NX300h

Hi all just to restart the thread here. F pace is already out. Most feedback comment on disappointing interior despite the fact it won some awards overseas. My naive question is How about Evoque or Discovery Sport were not included in the comparison against X4 n Lexus?

You can compare any car you want.... if really wanna compare all SUVs in market, then 1 page to list the names also not enough.

↡ Advertisement

You can compare any car you want.... if really wanna compare all SUVs in market, then 1 page to list the names also not enough.

Hi Bro I started as naive question but the grouping is based price segment of SUV > $220k. Relevant feedback is more than welcome.

macan share platform with q5 (audi) which is owned by vw

so macan is a rebadged of vw ... muahahaha

And to think you can’t even afford a re-badged VW. So sad. Muahahahahaha
  • Praise 1

The Porsche Macan facelift is going to be launched in July 2019 in India, and it is almost a year after it made its appearance in the international market. The Porsche Macan Price in India will start at around 70 lakhs, and the highest variant will be available at a price of approximately 1.6 crores. Porsche Cars in India is quite popular amongst the rich, and it has always been a darling to them. It is expected to have a top speed of 254 km, enough to burn the Indian roads.  It is going to be a nightmare for many car makers of this segment and sure to cut their market share. It is an entirely petrol driven car, and the company had already announced that by the year 2021 it would be ready with the electric version.  One of the new additions is the Porsche Communication Management System that will have a 10.9 inch HD touch-screen for entertainment. It will be available in a wide array of colors to choose and the steering wheel with the Porsche response button. It is one of the most affordable ranges of a model from the carmaker and certainly going to be the talk of the industry for quite some time.

Fast forward to today, I find the current x4 design hits the right notes. Sleeker, grander, more elegant yet somewhat aggressive and dynamic. I like the x line dual exhaust tips with thicker lips. The front grilles and headlights proportions looked balanced, unlike the new x7. Cabin space is good for coupe crossover.

Anyone similar feel as me? [:)]

• Praise 2

Fast forward to today, I find the current x4 design hits the right notes. Sleeker, grander, more elegant yet somewhat aggressive and dynamic. I like the x line dual exhaust tips with thicker lips. The front grilles and headlights proportions looked balanced, unlike the new x7. Cabin space is good for coupe crossover.

Anyone similar feel as me? [:)]

the new x4 is definitely better looking than the prev gen.

but somehow i feel the rugged edges of x4 don't gel with lines of a coupe. Glc coupe does it better with rounder edges ad generally less crisps and folds. 

i used to like x6 a lot when it first launched. but over the years more suv-coupe were launched. i start to feel the x6/x4/glc/gle coupe looks kinda weird. from the side, does look like a turtle. 

the audi q8 and rr velar have a better interpretation of suv-coupe, with a less obvious boot or butt.

that's just my take on suv-coupe. no offence

• Praise 1

the new x4 is definitely better looking than the prev gen.

but somehow i feel the rugged edges of x4 don't gel with lines of a coupe. Glc coupe does it better with rounder edges ad generally less crisps and folds.

i used to like x6 a lot when it first launched. but over the years more suv-coupe were launched. i start to feel the x6/x4/glc/gle coupe looks kinda weird. from the side, does look like a turtle.

the audi q8 and rr velar have a better interpretation of suv-coupe, with a less obvious boot or butt.

that's just my take on suv-coupe. no offence

No worries, everyone has their own views. Initially I appreciated glc coupe lines. But I somehow find Merc design too roundish. Hence preferred BMW sharper styling. Maybe sometimes avant garde stuffs take a while to create a more positive impact
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1