Help for accident at ECP Bedok exit, 6.50pm on 27/10/15

RadX

@scoryan done!.  Hope you get witnesses coming forward

"Urgent help needed for accident at about 6.50pm on 27/10/15 (Tuesday)
Hi guys & gals, 
Not sure if this is the right place to post this thread. I'm really very unlucky to get into an accident on 27/10/15 ( Tuesday) at about 6.50pm after exiting the Bedok exit from ECP towards Changi. At the junction of Marine Parade Road and Bedok South Ave 1 (right after the ECP exit to Bedok), a lorry knocked off my left side view mirror and sped off. I stopped at the accident spot but the lorry continue driving away. As I could not see the lorry's licence plate clearly, I decided to speed over to stop his lorry. I did so but he insisted that he was right and didn't know he knocked my car although I have horned at him before and after he hit me. Maybe I should have just stayed put at the accident spot and called the police?

Now, I believed it's his word against mine. Very sad... Are there any kind folks here or people you know who happened to witness this accident and captured it on his/her car camera? If yes, can you please pm me? Hopefully I can get the footage and it can be used for my insurance claim. 

Thanks a lot! 

*Thought of installing a car camera next month as a birthday present for myself but now it's too late...
For those who wished to install a car camera, please don't wait. Please go and do it tomorrow."

Thanks RadX and I hope to hear your kind and positive reply soon!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

@scoryan done!.  Hope you get witnesses coming forward

"Urgent help needed for accident at about 6.50pm on 27/10/15 (Tuesday)

Hi guys & gals, 

Not sure if this is the right place to post this thread. I'm really very unlucky to get into an accident on 27/10/15 ( Tuesday) at about 6.50pm after exiting the Bedok exit from ECP towards Changi. At the junction of Marine Parade Road and Bedok South Ave 1 (right after the ECP exit to Bedok), a lorry knocked off my left side view mirror and sped off. I stopped at the accident spot but the lorry continue driving away. As I could not see the lorry's licence plate clearly, I decided to speed over to stop his lorry. I did so but he insisted that he was right and didn't know he knocked my car although I have horned at him before and after he hit me. Maybe I should have just stayed put at the accident spot and called the police?

Now, I believed it's his word against mine. Very sad... Are there any kind folks here or people you know who happened to witness this accident and captured it on his/her car camera? If yes, can you please pm me? Hopefully I can get the footage and it can be used for my insurance claim. 

Thanks a lot! 

*Thought of installing a car camera next month as a birthday present for myself but now it's too late...

For those who wished to install a car camera, please don't wait. Please go and do it tomorrow."

Thanks RadX and I hope to hear your kind and positive reply soon!

No offence bro RadX... 

understand your good will in helping out.. mayb u obligated to help? 

But.. problem wld not exist if bother to install car camera.. everyone knows that... buay tahan those ppl who suay suay kenna accident liao then say was about to install etc etc... 

whats the loss in replacing a side mirror?? take it as a lesson and move on la... rather than ask for help and go through the full hassle of claiming from insurer.

• Praise 6

No offence bro RadX... 

But.. problem wld not exist if bother to install car camera.. everyone knows that... buay tahan those ppl who suay suay kenna accident liao then say was about to install etc etc... 

whats the loss in replacing a side mirror?? take it as a lesson and move on la... rather than ask for help and go through the full hassle of claiming from insurer.

Very right bro.  I just post for awareness and no matter how much we educate, there will ppl saying 'will never happen to me'.

Expensive lesson and to be honest, dun think many will come forward lah.....just doing my deed for whats necessary

Totally with you on all fronts. [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

last time I was bullied in almost same fashion by a lorry when driving for first time after getting my licence.

I signalled left to indicate my intention to filter left.  the lorry driver squeeze his gas pedal on seeing that.  being the newbie I am, I didn't react fast enough to get completely out of the lorry's way.  the end result was a cracked left wing mirror....I didn't even know if there is a way I can claim against the lorry driver.  just suck thumb and pay for the mirror replacement at a workshop.

but I think even got video, our mcf bro may not necessarily be able to claim if he is doing the filtering out from expressway exit.

No offence bro RadX... 

Just get the mirror fixed and move on. No point going through all those trouble to get justice. Treat it as a lesson learned.

• Praise 4

Just get the mirror fixed and move on. No point going through all those trouble to get justice. Treat it as a lesson learned.

yah lor....spend more $$$ finding camera, travel to see....etc etc...aiyah my 1 hr time more ex than mirror :grin:

yah lor....spend more $$$ finding camera, travel to see....etc etc...aiyah my 1 hr time more ex than mirror :grin:

nb... blardy elite -_-:grin:

its an audi and the mirror is in thousands...

jus fyi....

How you know it's audi har? First post never say leh.

• Praise 1

If got $$ drive Audi, sure got $$ to repair. 

it seems he genuinely met a hit n run who played punk....so jus hoping he gets lucky and have a video to help his case.....on the contrary his audi being quoted thousands prob made it worthwhile to give mcf a try... 

How you know it's audi har? First post never say leh.

I read from another forum one....  [wave]  

• Praise 5

Twincharged

its an audi and the mirror is in thousands...

jus fyi....

Mirror for audi so expensive? That time I repaired the mirror for BMW few hundred only.

• Praise 1

Mirror for audi so expensive? That time I repaired the mirror for BMW few hundred only.

Looks like he has to replace the whole assembly.  Not I say one, another forum say one.

[laugh]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Looks like he has to replace the whole assembly.  Not I say one, another forum say one.

[laugh]

Yeah. That time I replaced the whole thing including the mirror, cover and whatever is inside. Looks like audi is a cheap car but the replacement parts are very expensive.

C'mon...i think it doesnt matter if it is Audi or QQ or some bread and butter car. It is the quest for justice to be meted out...cannot let such scoundrels escape without paying a price that he will remember. 

I recall years ago before car cams became the norm... i kena hit and run in a car park. The driver drove too close and shaved my front bumper paint along with the number plate. No note left behind. When i returned to the car, number plate was still lying on the floor and scraps of car bumper paint.

I looked around and realise that there was a car washing and polishing shop in the car park. Went to ask them if they saw and sure enough, they pointed the culprit's car out. He had thought he got away.

I left him a note to call me...and he did. We privately settled and after getting my car repaired, the next weekend i drove back to the car washing and polish to give them business to thank them...cost me more than the repairs...but worth it cos it is to send a signal to those motorists who hit and run they wont get away.

So i encourage those who can, help.  [:)]  

And i suggest dont just fix one camera...fix for both front and back.... [;)]

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys & gals,
I'm really very unlucky to get into an accident on 27/10/15 ( Tuesday) at about 6.50pm after exiting the Bedok exit from ECP towards Changi. At the junction of Marine Parade Road and Bedok South Ave 1 (right after the ECP exit to Bedok), a lorry knocked off my left side view mirror and sped off. I stopped at the accident spot but the lorry continued driving away. As I could not see the lorry's licence plate clearly, I decided to speed over to stop his lorry. I did so but he insisted that he was right and didn't know he knocked my car although I have horned at him before and after he hit me. Maybe I should have just stayed put at the accident spot and called the police?

Now, I believed it's his word against mine. Very sad... Are there any kind folks here or people you know who happened to witness this accident and captured it on his/her car camera? If yes, can you please pm me? Hopefully I can get the footage to prove my innocence and also use it for my insurance claim.

Thanks a lot!

For those who wished to install a car camera, please don't wait. Please go and do it tomorrow.

↡ Advertisement