Handbrakes lights on even though handbrake was not pulled up

Zacxaviqer

This happened this morning while driving to work. I realised that my handbrake light is on even though my handbrakes was down. Then I realised this happened.

Whenever I drove off from a stationary position, the lights will go off. When I brake slightly, the lights remained off. However when I brake harder (to the extend my car is moving below 30km/h) the brakes light will comes on again and the brake light will not goes off until the car become stationary and I move off again.

What could be the problem here? Is it my brake fluid that is causing the problem? Dun think is brake pad problem because I used to have quite a bad brake pad problem (until the wheels give off screeching sounds) and the brake lights did not come on.

Pls advise.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

This happened this morning while driving to work. I realised that my handbrake light is on even though my handbrakes was down. Then I realised this happened.

Whenever I drove off from a stationary position, the lights will go off. When I brake slightly, the lights remained off. However when I brake harder (to the extend my car is moving below 30km/h) the brakes light will comes on again and the brake light will not goes off until the car become stationary and I move off again.

What could be the problem here? Is it my brake fluid that is causing the problem? Dun think is brake pad problem because I used to have quite a bad brake pad problem (until the wheels give off screeching sounds) and the brake lights did not come on.

Pls advise.

Thanks!

Check your brake fluid, could be low brake fluid.

• Praise 1

Brake fluid low.

Most likely caused by a leak somewhere.

If your car have rear drum brakes, check the brake pistons for leaking fluid.

Dont mind me asking, TS what car do you drive? some car they have ABS fuse plate. ABS fuse plate may be broken thats why the light lights up. happen to mine before. replace everything normal.

↡ Advertisement