Any recommended workshop with reasonable labour charges?

Zsr19

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, anyone knows any bring your own parts friendly workshop for conti cars? 

Was charged 200 by one of BMW-SG site sponsors for spark park replacement labour despite bringing my own plugs [thumbsdown]  

Thanks! 

Was charged 200 by one of BMW-SG site sponsors for spark park replacement labour despite bringing my own plugs [thumbsdown]  

Thanks! 

will pm you.

Thanks! 

How much you expect to be charged?

Maybe you should DIY.  It is an easy job.

Supercharged

Ong Guan Choon Motor @ Sin Ming Autocare #02-07

One-man-show but reasonable charges and most importantly,

takes the time to do the job well,

eg. never seen any other mech vacuum out remnant oil after draining.

Check first before going to do any repair work. I was charge $150 Just to change a head light bulb at 28 Auto located at bukit Merah.it just took him less than 5 min to change. Later check from other work shop it cause less then $30 to change. But you you buy it yourself it cost 2 for less then $20. So car owner beware.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Any recommended workshop around defu? Thks

Edited by Zsr19

Check first before going to do any repair work. I was charge $150 Just to change a head light bulb at 28 Auto located at bukit Merah.it just took him less than 5 min to change. Later check from other work shop it cause less then $30 to change. But you you buy it yourself it cost 2 for less then $20. So car owner beware.

And you just stupidly paid? Any receipt you can show online?

Yes the company name is call 28 Auto issue a receipt for $150 HID bulb. Was in a hurry and never ask price first.This workshop is located at bukit Merah lane 3. That guy is call Ah BOY.

Yes the company name is call 28 Auto issue a receipt for $150 HID bulb. Was in a hurry and never ask price first.This workshop is located at bukit Merah lane 3. That guy is call Ah BOY.

hid bulb is very expensive.

dun talk about conti build.

try buying a toyota orginal hid just the parts alone , dun count in labour,

u will be stunned lol

Check price later from 3 place the most expensive is $40 plus Labour. Just to highlight to car owner .

It took him 3 minutes to change it.

We are talking about Oem bulb

No receipt no need talk

(edited)

I buy and replace headlight bulb on my car. Have never looked for other ppl to do it.

No difference from replacing a light bulb at home. It isn't rocket science.

Edited by Watwheels

Turbocharged

You paid $150 solely for labour (3 minutes of work as alleged by you), or $150 including the replacement HID bulb?

If including HID bulb, it seems reasonable.

Toyota D4S HID bulb already costs $120 or more.

• Praise 1

It's amusing to watch ppl comprain about the smallest of things.

Especially when everything is done and paid for. Nobody forced you to go to that shop. You sent yourself there. Ppl is doing a business and not a charity. They have to pay for rent and employees' pay/cpf/levy.

If you do not wish to pay for that amount....then sit down watch a youtube video and see how ppl do it. As you mentioned the ah boy took 3minutes. Even if the video took 3x longer with the explanation it's still under 10mins. If you go hunt for the lightbulb you have to burn petrol/diesel to go get it. All these are cost as well.

I dunno what the fuss is about. You are doing it at your convenience and ppl is running a business. And here you are compraining over the labour charges. Aiya, don't drive lah. Such a bore. [laugh]

What's the saying? "Eat rice but dunno the price of grain."

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1