Kia Sportage 2016

2016 Sportage is in the showroom liao

Just launched during their Kia Beyond Expectations event

bro may I know which showroom? Ubi or Leng Kee?

why nobody snap a photo of sportage from Leng Kee? I also cannot find latest pricing from Kia website?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

why nobody snap a photo of sportage from Leng Kee? I also cannot find latest pricing from Kia website?

post-3324-0-60432800-1463138292_thumb.jpg

Turbocharged

thanks bro. why no ice cube led fog lights as it look nicer. this one look cheapo.

This you say cheapo? Wait till you see the interior, that would be like slum already... I don't even bother to take picture of the interior.. Total turn off....

Leng Kee.

This you say cheapo? Wait till you see the interior, that would be like slum already... I don't even bother to take picture of the interior.. Total turn off....

this is what I have been expecting for past half yr..

http://www.kiamedia.com/us/en/models/sportage/2017/photos

maybe higher spec got ice cube led fog lights ... have to pay more $$$

The pictures show the US model. Is the Europe model which we get the same? Generally I don't like too many buttons too... but sometimes it's useful. Don't need to do menu diving...

Neutral Newbie

went to leng kee and ubi to check out the sportage... totally disappointed.. currently they bring in the EX model which is like a basic entry model. Asked them if they will bring in the SX model, they replied not sure cuz the EX version omv already 25k... if SX version the car will cost and 130k...

(edited)

maybe higher spec got ice cube led fog lights ... have to pay more $$$

With all the bells and whistles factory fitted, be prepare to fork out 140k for the SX.

Per 5k OMV has a huge impact on the selling price.

If this is the case, I rather lay out another 25k for the Sorento.

Edited by Ocean6576

I doubt you're going to get a lot of factory fitted stuff... it's just going to be like the Optima K5. The pricing is neither here nor there... in between the Sonata base model and the sunroof model. It's still significantly more expensive than the Sonata base model, so anyone who wants a 2.0 L but on a budget won't consider it cos it's above $120,000 wgdpap the Sonata base trim is well below that. It can't compete with the Sonata sunroof model cos the sunroof trim is only a few thousand more but has many more features...

Given that the OMV of the base model is already so high, I think this model no hope liao... it will be more expensive than the Tucson base model while only slightly better equipped, and only slightly less expensive than the sunroof Tucson model while being much poorer equipped. Same problem with the 1.0L sedan...

Neutral Newbie

Went to KM price of tucson currently is 120k same price with the basic entry sportage. Not sure if the recent coe bidding brought the price of the Sportage down.

• Praise 1

With all the bells and whistles factory fitted, be prepare to fork out 140k for the SX.

Per 5k OMV has a huge impact on the selling price.

If this is the case, I rather lay out another 25k for the Sorento.

Sorento price can get BMW grab tourer liao. Lol

I doubt you're going to get a lot of factory fitted stuff... it's just going to be like the Optima K5. The pricing is neither here nor there... in between the Sonata base model and the sunroof model. It's still significantly more expensive than the Sonata base model, so anyone who wants a 2.0 L but on a budget won't consider it cos it's above $120,000 wgdpap the Sonata base trim is well below that. It can't compete with the Sonata sunroof model cos the sunroof trim is only a few thousand more but has many more features...

Given that the OMV of the base model is already so high, I think this model no hope liao... it will be more expensive than the Tucson base model while only slightly better equipped, and only slightly less expensive than the sunroof Tucson model while being much poorer equipped. Same problem with the 1.0L sedan...

Yeah. I test drove the Tucson and found it more impressive too.

Or rather more value for money

Watched the review. Gave a pretty positivie review of the new Sportage, specs are pretty similar with what are being offered local. Issue is that both countries have a  very different taxation on imported cars hence when it comes to condsideration, we cant help but to compare with other similar cars in the same price bracket. This is where the gadgets offered rules over looks, design, or even power.

Current local Sportage is a no go comparing to Froester XT, Tucson, Xtrail and some others.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Update on the price of Sportage EX after last COE bidding 118,988k. Best can bargain down around 1k more... Sad looks like have to strike this of my purchase list.

• Praise 1

Update on the price of Sportage EX after last COE bidding 118,988k. Best can bargain down around 1k more... Sad looks like have to strike this of my purchase list.

The price has been released??
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1