2016 Toyota Prius

minion

get BS T001 (PI) or XM2. Both about $120. T001 can get cheaper from Tyrepac, but need to pay installation charge. So, may come up about the same.

Hi guys, 

My stock ride come with a Bridgestone EP150 which seems slippery at times on wet carpark.

What is the tyre that you guys are using and how does it affect fuel consumption here ?

Looking at replacing to Yokohama AE50, or Goodyear Assurance Triplemax

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement

Most of the prius on the roads are for private hire, not sold by BM.

Sold by PI, not BM. My PI told me they imported hundred plus cars per COE bidding(every 2 weeks) last time. Margin around 1k per car only as they sold only bulk. Anything higher and Uber/Grab will find another PI to import for them.

My guess for BM is that they are focusing on their Altis and Camry to push sales. As the bulk of Toyota customers are more conservative, they will unlikely get a hybrid which may deem to be unreliable in the long run.

100k per two weeks not bad already. But need 4 mil capital?

Hi guys,

My stock ride come with a Bridgestone EP150 which seems slippery at times on wet carpark.

What is the tyre that you guys are using and how does it affect fuel consumption here ?

Looking at replacing to Yokohama AE50, or Goodyear Assurance Triplemax

Bro, you can consider Michelin PS4. Good grip on wet road. I'm using PS3 now already 40K km and still good grip on raining day. My next tyre will be PS4. Cheers.

post-137156-0-47126000-1489668891_thumb.jpg

The typical range for a single tank. Will usually pump Esso 95. Noticed the fuel warning light is not lighted up yet.

Just pump up 38L of Shell V-power. Let's what is the range for this tank.

• Praise 2

attachicon.gifIMG_20170316_202716.jpg

The typical range for a single tank. Will usually pump Esso 95. Noticed the fuel warning light is not lighted up yet.

Just pump up 38L of Shell V-power. Let's what is the range for this tank.

i observe that if you travel longer distance each time (> 15km) and mainly on expressway.... usually no problem hitting like >30km/L....

like when i travel from sk to telok blangah... its easily > 30km/L... 

lesser distance like sk to AMK, impossible to reach 30km/L... can get 25km/L is superb liao...

maybe got something to do with battery being heated up or charged to optimum efficiency... 

maybe its because of the large distance you clocked monthly, you can hit more than 1000km without the warning light appear...

u do > 2000km per month... i do 1300km per month only...

the last petrol that i pump a few days ago... just above 900km.... giving a FC of 24.2km/L....

but that is mighty impressive FC figure you have...

Neutral Newbie

Hallo, any member here experience ride Toyota Prius Alpha 7-seater?

Prime taxi is old model or new model 2016?

Thanks.

Hi everyone i just placed a deposit for a 1.8s, hope to be a new prius owner really soon :)
  • Praise 1

get BS T001 (PI) or XM2. Both about $120. T001 can get cheaper from Tyrepac, but need to pay installation charge. So, may come up about the same.

I changed to a set of Conti CPC5 for $380. Went back to my previous tyre in my old car. But feel like Fuel Consumption went up. :(

But the grip is significantly better on dry and wet. Let's see how much I can stretch the current tank of Shell V-Power.

Neutral Newbie

Yup...the previous Taxi was Sonata and clock 1.5 million km in 7.5 years when it retired...

The rental is $128 per day and cheaper than Hyundai i40 - $134.

Maybe BM also give 10 yrs battery warranty to Comfort too...I think.

Nope...mine is Blue Prius.

I got the same feel with you...the yellow is nicer.

I also booked a blue prius, decided on blue as it was a colour of car i have never owned before and my wife liked it

I also booked a blue prius, decided on blue as it was a colour of car i have never owned before and my wife liked it

Congratulation!! [cool]

From AD or PI?

Did you ever consider Prius Alpha - 7 seater?

Neutral Newbie

Congratulation!! [cool]

From AD or PI?

Did you ever consider Prius Alpha - 7 seater?

I got from PI as they have ready stock for the colour and my car coe expiring in may

For my current needs a 5 seater is enough

I changed to a set of Conti CPC5 for $380. Went back to my previous tyre in my old car. But feel like Fuel Consumption went up. :(

But the grip is significantly better on dry and wet. Let's see how much I can stretch the current tank of Shell V-Power.

Disappointing fuel consumption for this tank. Only managed to get 943 Km, compared with ~1000km previously.

Show that Conti CPC5 is really a bad choice in term of rolling resistance than Bridgestone EP200.

Disappointing fuel consumption for this tank. Only managed to get 943 Km, compared with ~1000km previously.

Show that Conti CPC5 is really a bad choice in term of rolling resistance than Bridgestone EP200.

I think its not fair to put the drop in fuel consumption solely on the tyres...

Lots of other factors like traffic..temperature..degree of acceleration etc etc..and you also mentioned you changed to V-power as well?

Do give it a few more tanks...

And you also mentioned that the tyres are grippier in wet and dry..that also means that rolling resistance is higher..cos grip and rolling resistance has a negative co-relation..

• Praise 1

I think its not fair to put the drop in fuel consumption solely on the tyres...

Lots of other factors like traffic..temperature..degree of acceleration etc etc..and you also mentioned you changed to V-power as well?

Do give it a few more tanks...

And you also mentioned that the tyres are grippier in wet and dry..that also means that rolling resistance is higher..cos grip and rolling resistance has a negative co-relation..

:P I probably need to blame it on Shell V-Power as well. Next tank is back to Esso 95. Let's see.

:P I probably need to blame it on Shell V-Power as well. Next tank is back to Esso 95. Let's see.

Hi bro, Shell V-Power give our ride more power but not better FC.

Try Shell 98 and you will see the different. Cheers

My 2nd Gen Prius' COE about to run out in July...

Does anyone know if the boot is bigger in the 4th Gen compared to the 2nd Gen?

Curious to ask, did you replace your hybrid battery or did any repair before?

Edited by Wish69
↡ Advertisement