New 2017 Kia Forte K3

ricleosg

Hi guys!

I am a newbie to the Forum plus buying a new car, which I am currently considering K3 EX.

Hope you don't mind me asking these noob questions.

1) For the in-house trade-in subsidy, is it a flat $5,000 subsidy? I have a Suzuki Swift that is going to be de-registered in June and the paper value is less than $5,000. So will I still be eligible for the subsidy?

2) Is it good to go for non-guaranteed COE when buying a new car? Or must I go for guaranteed COE?

3) If buying OPC, is $17k slashed directly from the price?

Thanks in advance! :)

↡ Advertisement

Hey pls chill la.

It was just a passing remark

Ya, chill. No exclamation mark.  [:)]

Just sharing my thoughts and pple like me may just misinterpret. 

Cheers.

you took the term "no brainer" too literal; (i.e. me saying u dont have brains) but you need to lookup the term in the dictionary b4 coming to such a aggressive conclusion. for ur sake, pls check: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/no-brainer

the term brainer is a casual term used commonly. in this context, i used it on myself that to show it is an easy decision to make and clearly was not referring to you. i am not sure why you are so sensitive? i have never seen someone using this term to refer to someone else. you got ur k3, good for you. pls wake up and stop thinking the world revolve around you. cheers.

Hi,

I am just letting you know that pple like me will misinterpret. Let's not do this. In this car forum, we are here to share and get information. Peace.

• Dislike 1

So now base trim is 85k or 76k?

9k difference leh?Very confusing,lol....

What the sales quoted me that day ( somewhere mid Dec) for elantra was $85k. I went to different AD to check out the different cars on that day and I found out kia and hyundai offer value for money deal. The reason I took kia was the sales person attitude was better and gave a more attractive price. 

The price varies depending on which month you purchase. I purchase in dec is to siam the VES.

76k. 85k is on the price list for gtd COE. if you talk to the AD dealer, they'll offer 76k but will downgrade free servicing from 3 yrs to 1 yr and of course no more gtd COE.

Last time I rem if opt for NG package is minus 3k.

So you mean the extra 2yrs free servcing we got to pay extra 6k?Meaning to say not free?since 85-76=9k difference?

What the sales quoted me that day ( somewhere mid Dec) for elantra was $85k. I went to different AD to check out the different cars on that day and I found out kia and hyundai offer value for money deal. The reason I took kia was the sales person attitude was better and gave a more attractive price. 

The price varies depending on which month you purchase. I purchase in dec is to siam the VES.

The 85k is base trim or S trim?thanks..

Just want to share that I bought my K3 SX Sports abt 6mths @104k. COE at that point of time was 51k. Trade in price for my 8yr old cerato Forte was good. I was prepared to pay at that price.

I certainly have no regrets even tho coe prices have come down. I have certainly no regrets getting this wonderful car equipped with the remarkable features.

Things I like about SX Sports

1. Ventilated seats (great during hot weather)

2. Cruise control (help me relax on highway)

3. Sunroof (I use it early morning /evening)

4. 6 airbags (hopefully don't need to activate them)

5. Different drive modes (eco, normal, sports) i use normal mode mostly.

Things I wish K3 can do better.

1. Remote alarm/sound to tell me I have lock/unlock car....I have to walk to my car to check. Sometimes cannot remember where I park it.

2. Slow pick up. Maybe becoz I don't have the habit to step the accelerator hard enough.....maybe unless I go sports mode.

3. HID and fog lights should be white. Stock don't seem to blend with the DRLs. Not a problem as I can change and use aftermarket ones.

Hope this sharing helps those who are considering K3.

Last time I rem if opt for NG package is minus 3k.

So you mean the extra 2yrs free servcing we got to pay extra 6k?Meaning to say not free?since 85-76=9k difference?

The 85k is base trim or S trim?thanks..

base trim.

• Praise 1

Agree n agree.

Elantra is a better buy this time round.

"No brainer"

But do they have the margins to bid aggressively?

I know CNC is pretty aggressive

Based anecdotal evidence from the threads here... seems like Komoco tends to get the COE more easily... but I could wrong... but most people here get their COEs within one or two bids... so they do have the margins...

Just want to share that I bought my K3 SX Sports abt 6mths @104k. COE at that point of time was 51k. Trade in price for my 8yr old cerato Forte was good. I was prepared to pay at that price.

I certainly have no regrets even tho coe prices have come down. I have certainly no regrets getting this wonderful car equipped with the remarkable features.

Things I like about SX Sports

1. Ventilated seats (great during hot weather)

2. Cruise control (help me relax on highway)

3. Sunroof (I use it early morning /evening)

4. 6 airbags (hopefully don't need to activate them)

5. Different drive modes (eco, normal, sports) i use normal mode mostly.

Things I wish K3 can do better.

1. Remote alarm/sound to tell me I have lock/unlock car....I have to walk to my car to check. Sometimes cannot remember where I park it.

2. Slow pick up. Maybe becoz I don't have the habit to step the accelerator hard enough.....maybe unless I go sports mode.

3. HID and fog lights should be white. Stock don't seem to blend with the DRLs. Not a problem as I can change and use aftermarket ones.

Hope this sharing helps those who are considering K3.

Bro... HID lights are never pure white... it's always sunlight white... only LEDs are pure white... the fog lamps are halogen... so they match your HID lights... for LEDs to have both good throw and coverage, you need specialized assemblies with good mirror and collimator designs... very expensive... hence for budget cars like these, difficult to have full LEDs at the currents price points relative to maybe the Jap & Continental brands...

Based anecdotal evidence from the threads here... seems like Komoco tends to get the COE more easily... but I could wrong... but most people here get their COEs within one or two bids... so they do have the margins...

Bro... HID lights are never pure white... it's always sunlight white... only LEDs are pure white... the fog lamps are halogen... so they match your HID lights... for LEDs to have both good throw and coverage, you need specialized assemblies with good mirror and collimator designs... very expensive... hence for budget cars like these, difficult to have full LEDs at the currents price points relative to maybe the Jap & Continental brands...

I understand that the stock HID comes at 4300k colour temp. If change to higher colour temperature can pass LTA checks?

sometimes i get blinded by these "pure white" headlights.. not sure it is because it is too white therefore uncomfortable for the eyes or it is because they direct the throw too high.. macham high beam..  [dead]  [dead]  [dead]

sometimes i get blinded by these "pure white" headlights.. not sure it is because it is too white therefore uncomfortable for the eyes or it is because they direct the throw too high.. macham high beam.. [dead][dead][dead]

The original LED lights that are factory fitted won't blind you... drive in front of any sedan from BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, etc won't blind you... usually it's those aftermarket replacements that are blinding... the bulb placement isn't correct, the wattage is higher than legally allowed, the lights arc is all wrong... having said that SUVs also tend to blind you as they're much higher up and the cut-off tends to be higher and your rearview mirror tends to catch the light...

Also annoying are those who put in super bright bulbs... sometimes I wish their electric circuits will fry... very dangerous and very annoying to drive in front of...

Edited by teomingern

Neutral Newbie

Received my ex model last sat. Still running in at 210km. My FC is always between 9.1-9,3l per 100km which makes about 10.8+km/l. Im super light footed already and feel like sometimes im hogging the road when picking up. Anyone can share about their fc experience?

hi experienced folks...I am about to transact with a dealer for my old car. He says for me to just pass him the transaction pin COD on the day of handover. Is this normal? I read that need to initiate transfer at LTA? Havent sold a car before. paiseh noob here. collecting my EX this saturday. yippe...any tips for the first whatever km? TIA!

hi experienced folks...I am about to transact with a dealer for my old car. He says for me to just pass him the transaction pin COD on the day of handover. Is this normal? I read that need to initiate transfer at LTA? Havent sold a car before. paiseh noob here. collecting my EX this saturday. yippe...any tips for the first whatever km? TIA!

How about reading the FAQ on One Motoring? I think Car Buyer website also got advice for this type of transactions...

How about reading the FAQ on One Motoring? I think Car Buyer website also got advice for this type of transactions...

ya i read from LTA website that to transact at sin ming. I called dealer and he said for them no need. they have token. I was like...ok. so long as you pass me cash or cashiers order, it wont hurt. am i correct? of cos i need to see that they transfer on the spot also else if they get into whatever trouble still under my name. 

ya i read from LTA website that to transact at sin ming. I called dealer and he said for them no need. they have token. I was like...ok. so long as you pass me cash or cashiers order, it wont hurt. am i correct? of cos i need to see that they transfer on the spot also else if they get into whatever trouble still under my name.

Yeah... cashier's order is safest... secure and you get the cash immediately...
↡ Advertisement