New 2017 Kia Forte K3

ricleosg

Kia design is getting better, even more attractive than altis. Only setback is fc and resale price

In today's market resale price is not really a factor. Used Toyotas and Kias both sell for the same high depreciation. The Kia guy is better off as he bought the car at a slightly cheaper price.

Toyota Corolla Altis Nov 2010 - depreciation 12.7k/year

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=519300&DL=2064

Kia Cerato Forte Koup Feb 2010 - depreciation 12.5k/year

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=504638&DL=1286

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

In today's market resale price is not really a factor. Used Toyotas and Kias both sell for the same high depreciation. The Kia guy is better off as he bought the car at a slightly cheaper price.

hhmm.. true to a certain extend. but koup is a 2 door, which is a different tier compare to B&B saloon Altis.

if wanna compare, should be Koup vs RX7 for example...

so in considering a normal 4 door seden to a 2 door  "sportscar". kia is of a better depreciation value....

my 2 cents of thoughts.

• Praise 2

hhmm.. true to a certain extend. but koup is a 2 door, which is a different tier compare to B&B saloon Altis.

if wanna compare, should be Koup vs RX7 for example...

so in considering a normal 4 door seden to a 2 door  "sportscar". kia is of a better depreciation value....

my 2 cents of thoughts.

Well here is a 4 door Cerato Forte at 12.2k...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=515726&DL=2025

Actually, why people like to think of resale value when buying a car? Drive 10 years is the most worthwhile. If got money to change car halfway, means they got money to spend and the extra resale value probably doesn't mean much to them.

Brand new K3 SX with all the bell and whistles is 105k now, Altis Standard is 116k. Say you change car after 5 years and your Toyota gets 2k depreciation/year higher, that only adds up to 10k extra selling price. You already forked out the 10k extra at the start, not to mention for the Standard, while K3 SX is the one with the full suite of features.

If go by time value of money, better I keep the 10k in my pocket now rather than get 10k 5 years later  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Well here is a 4 door Cerato Forte at 12.2k...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=515726&DL=2025

Actually, why people like to think of resale value when buying a car? Drive 10 years is the most worthwhile. If got money to change car halfway, means they got money to spend and the extra resale value probably doesn't mean much to them.

Brand new K3 SX with all the bell and whistles is 105k now, Altis Standard is 116k. Say you change car after 5 years and your Toyota gets 2k depreciation/year higher, that only adds up to 10k extra selling price. You already forked out the 10k extra at the start, not to mention for the Standard, while K3 SX is the one with the full suite of features.

If go by time value of money, better I keep the 10k in my pocket now rather than get 10k 5 years later  [laugh]

well.. some people is really die-hard fan of particular brand one.

so irregardless of what, they will stick to their favorite brand.

for me, i think the most value for money in the current market is K3 liao. in terms of the features of the car with the corresponding price tag.

well.. some people is really die-hard fan of particular brand one.

so irregardless of what, they will stick to their favorite brand.

for me, i think the most value for money in the current market is K3 liao. in terms of the features of the car with the corresponding price tag.

Those who bot the SX last few months is good. BUT noted that the SX currrently is already down-specs yet with similar price tags as earlier..

Someone pointed out current SX down-specs in K3 forum:

HID -> Halogen

No more Sunroof

6 -> 2 Airbags

No more bodykit

No more rear chromium mirror

No more TFT type of screen

EX also doesn't have veh stability management and hill-start assist now.

Edited by danzo
  • Praise 2

I do not think depreciation value is linked to better resale value. I think better resale value means it can keep higher percentage of purchase price relatively to another model.

• Praise 1

Was it just me, but I think the look of new K3 (2017) and the current Altis are too much alike.. I almost felt that they did a slight copy of Altis.. 

In my opinion, though, the best time to get Altis was two months back, when the price of $108k got you Elegance.. Today price of Altis is too steep for B&B Saloon Car. Get K3..

• Praise 1

Was it just me, but I think the look of new K3 (2017) and the current Altis are too much alike.. I almost felt that they did a slight copy of Altis.. 

In my opinion, though, the best time to get Altis was two months back, when the price of $108k got you Elegance.. Today price of Altis is too steep for B&B Saloon Car. Get K3..

errrr.... which part of the new K3 looks like altis?... perhaps when view from side, both car got 2 tyres... [laugh]

errrr.... which part of the new K3 looks like altis?... perhaps when view from side, both car got 2 tyres... [laugh]

Lol.. I never thought of that.. But again, I don't think they look alike from the side.. Lol..

I mean the front lamp design la, bro.. The current K3 front lamp design looks taller and narrower, and the coming 2017 K3, it looks shorter, and wider, just like today Altis.. At least, it was the impression I had when I looked at the first page of this thread... 

This facelift does not appeal to me. I prefer the shape of current as the side lining is not symmetrical with the front which is more edgier. 

Not keen in this update :).

• Praise 1

Anyone got any advance infor on the new price of K3?

Suppose to be out today, but website not updated leh

c&c say gonna be out? Or other sources

haha got difference la.... all the pics shared are the new facelift model. just diff colors....

the rear really not much diff except for the tail lights slight variation. front headlights and grille is the main "facelift". internals also quite similar.

which is good news for me cuz i wouldnt need to envy the new facelift owners in the future :p

current K3.

kia-forte-k3-2013.png

new K3. see the front is sharper and "bolder" in my view.

img-newk3-wide-b-ex01-w-1-1.jpg

hehe body kit is usually an optional extra la.... for a "sports" sx version.

ya the new SX models currently sold by C&C has been cut down... new rims very ugly! airbags also reduced.... not as value for money as the original SX or sports SX.

Does anyone know when this new model will be available in Singapore? I would like to get one. Thank you.