New 2017 Kia Forte K3

ricleosg

anyone knows if the technical specs of the 2017 k3 is the same as the current or will it be updated with a new engine?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

grill downsized and give sleeker look though bonnet looks longer -will this compromise the interior space assuming length of car is similar.. the rear lights also became slimmer (prefer the current one). interior looks almost identical.

actually it reminds me a little of the lancer ex. >.<

Edited by bronzy
  • Praise 1

It's a facelift. Not a new model. The chassis and body frame remains the same. Only the fittings and some body panels are altered. It won't change the interior space. Let's hope the car will be stocked with a full feature set. Cos the COE is up and price is high.

I believe they will remove some features. There is likely a EX and SX version.

They will strip out some items to maintain the OMV < 20k in order to compete in this segment due to loan restriction. It makes business sense for them to do so.

Similar to the 2016 K5, the removed a lot of additional features in order to reduce the OMV.

Agree with you that the new grill design gives k3 a more sleek look. Imalso like the new DRLs and a slimmer tail lamps. New facelift is makes k3 less bubbly and gives it a sportier look.

grill downsized and give sleeker look though bonnet looks longer -will this compromise the interior space assuming length of car is similar.. the rear lights also became slimmer (prefer the current one). interior looks almost identical.

actually it reminds me a little of the lancer ex. >.<

They will strip out some items to maintain the OMV < 20k in order to compete in this segment due to loan restriction. It makes business sense for them to do so.

Similar to the 2016 K5, the removed a lot of additional features in order to reduce the OMV.

Well they managed to bring in the SX Sport model with full feature set. So it's entirely possible.

(edited)

Just check with SE that there is no downward specs for new k3 facelift....in fact add on features like ventilated passenger seat, new touch panel with android carplay n blind spot sensors on the side mirrors.

No sports SX ver....only sports mode fyi

Edited by Potatoes

Just check with SE that there is no downward specs for new k3 facelift....in fact add on features like ventilated passenger seat, new touch panel with android carplay n blind spot sensors on the side mirrors.

meaning the HU comes from factory with apple carplay and android auto?

Damn... why did they reduce the spec for K5!?!?!?!?

Damn... why did they reduce the spec for K5!?!?!?!?

If the OMV crosses a certain level, the price of the car will be so high that almost guaranteed no sales. Actually I usually try not to buy the newest models when launched. They tend to be fully specced and super expensive, or really stripped down and still expensive. I've come to realise that the sweet spot is always when they're trying to get rid of stock before a new facelift or model launch.

I was at Kia showroom to look at the new K3 facelift today. Very impressed with the front grill, Sexy looking DRL, bigger n sport exhaust, fine rear taillamps....k3 is optima look alike. Interior is also good with new touchscreen panel n bluetooth apple / anroid carplay. Driver n passenger seats are ventilated.

I was at Kia showroom to look at the new K3 facelift today. Very impressed with the front grill, Sexy looking DRL, bigger n sport exhaust, fine rear taillamps....k3 is optima look alike. Interior is also good with new touchscreen panel n bluetooth apple / anroid carplay. Driver n passenger seats are ventilated.

price?