MCF kaki UBERers/GRABCARers

RadX

This is why we cannot 100% trust and depend on GPS, still need to observe the surrounding ourselves.

Sometimes GPS really brainless.. Still have to use our own judgment.  A. Lot of time I tio Tua by GPS as GPS if set go by fastest route, it will always want to take the route with less traffic light and expressway, such that it actually go one big round, where most direct route maybe only 2 traffic light. 

GPS also like to calculate with avoidance of u turn when possible . Such that if u turn actually is a faster but it still want me to go one big round. 

So now I clever Lao, use my own judgment instead of 100% on GPS. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

LTA definitely can't cope.

Train, car, e-bikes, PMD, etc.

LTA confirmed cant cope la, look at the way they managed the train and bus, see also vomit blood. Lol.

Anyone buying a 2nd hand Corolla/ Vezel, Mazda 3 (or other PH type cars) will need to ask for a complete service history.

That will help buyers differentiate AD - private car owners from the Uber / Grab ones.

The mileage won't help much if there's a lot of tweaking.

But those bought from an AD will still be better, than the Vezels where a service record can be less accurate..

Turbocharged

hi it is still viable to be Uber driver in Singapore full time?

thanks in advance

Depends on wat ur expectations are. Income of 3k is possible. Little, but u drive at relaxed pace. 6 to 7k also possible. But 12-14hrs daily for 7days.

Depends on wat ur expectations are. Income of 3k is possible. Little, but u drive at relaxed pace. 6 to 7k also possible. But 12-14hrs daily for 7days.

6 to 7k is more like 14 to 16hrs a day for 7 days a wk.. 12hrs a day cannot earn 6 to 7plus k la. 

Turbocharged

6 to 7k is more like 14 to 16hrs a day for 7 days a wk.. 12hrs a day cannot earn 6 to 7plus k la. 

ok la....12-14 or 14-16....the pt is someone need to put in a lot of hrs to earn that much 

Twincharged

So little? Then might as well drive taxi better... My uncle driving taxi takes back around 6k after diesel and rental. He drives from 6am to 4pm Monday to Saturday. Sunday never drive. But he got relief driver so all the timing he never drive he also no rental.

So little? Then might as well drive taxi better... My uncle driving taxi takes back around 6k after diesel and rental. He drives from 6am to 4pm Monday to Saturday. Sunday never drive. But he got relief driver so all the timing he never drive he also no rental.

12 hrs a day average trip earnings about 250 (after deducting Uber commission) . So 250*30 = 7500. Plus incentives and maybe some day abit lucky get more. So add another 1.5k = 9k. - car rental 1.5 to 2plus k, - petrol about 800 to 1.4k. So end up where got 6 to 7k take back? Edited by Yewheng

Twincharged

12 hrs a day average trip earnings about 250 (after deducting Uber commission) . So 250*30 = 7500. Plus incentives and maybe some day abit lucky get more. So add another 1.5k = 9k. - car rental 1.5 to 2plus k, - petrol about 800 to 1.4k. So end up where got 6 to 7k take back?

No wonder some of those old uncles rather stick to driving taxi. Looks like phv not as good as they advertised.

I attended the PDVL Course on 7/11/2017, and took the test on 14/11/2017. Luckily, managed to pass both papers and now awaiting for LTA letter to collect the PDVL.

We have been taking Grab rides frequently, and received a lot of good lucks wishes when the Grab drivers learnt that I will be trying to earn an income with Uber/Grab. Some drivers recommended to get a hybrid vehicle in order to lower fuel expenses. Appreciated all their goodwill.

Preparing for the day when I can start my journey with Uber/Grab.

• Praise 10

How much discount given?

Up to 30% depending on the no of trips completed. ( for car rent from LCR only)

Base discount 18%, the rest 12% is in the form of rebate to your savings account.

Edited by Yewheng

How much discount given?

Please refer to the attached pic.

I am not sure how much actual discount would be given. Too many criteria to read, simply apply. Can only check the actual discount when I started to drive Uber.

Suggest to apply for Citibank Cash Back Credit Card first. This will offer a bit of savings when link up with the fleet card.

The Citibank Cash Back Credit Card and the Fleet Card can be signed up online. Processing time about 1 and 2 weeks respectively.

post-30845-0-69471200-1512439792_thumb.png

Please refer to the attached pic.

I am not sure how much actual discount would be given. Too many criteria to read, simply apply. Can only check the actual discount when I started to drive Uber.

Suggest to apply for Citibank Cash Back Credit Card first. This will offer a bit of savings when link up with the fleet card.

The Citibank Cash Back Credit Card and the Fleet Card can be signed up online. Processing time about 1 and 2 weeks respectively.

Indeed many criteria, looks so confusing. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1